View from the outside

Derbados

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm stunned that some fans would accept annual visits to Rotherham than go through the steps of Premier League survival that all promoted clubs must go through before becoming competitive.

Of course you will lose more than you win, only the top 7 can claim to have won more than they lost last year. It's a tough league, doesn't matter how fancy you play in the Championship, you have to adapt to the challenges that the Premier League offers.

Who doesn't want a challenge?

Doesn't make any sense either to say I'd prefer to stay in the Championship as we'll win more. Only the top 9 last year won more than they lost. Derby being 9th. How can you be content with just missing out on the play offs or making the top 6 and losing, great! We can do this all again next year.

I refuse to believe there was a single Derby fan who was relived when Zamora's goal went in. Don't say that was different because we was playing nice stuff, that would have ended that day as we scrapped and battled to survive the following season.

I want to see Derby in Europe, not Millwall. 

45 minutes ago, David said:

I'm stunned that some fans would accept annual visits to Rotherham than go through the steps of Premier League survival that all promoted clubs must go through before becoming competitive.

Of course you will lose more than you win, only the top 7 can claim to have won more than they lost last year. It's a tough league, doesn't matter how fancy you play in the Championship, you have to adapt to the challenges that the Premier League offers.

Doesn't make any sense either to say I'd prefer to stay in the Championship as we'll win more. Only the top 9 last year won more than they lost. Derby being 9th. How can you be content with just missing out on the play offs or making the top 6 and losing, great! We can do this all again next year.

I refuse to believe there was a single Derby fan who was relived when Zamora's goal went in. Don't say that was different because we was playing nice stuff, that would have ended that day as we scrapped and battled to survive the following season.

No one EVER wants to go to Millwall! ?

20 hours ago, Spanish said:

turgid football is more palatable if it results in a series of wins

...but we've had some cracking draws.

with a bit of luck we could even draw the next four. 

Seven draws in a row! 

Whats the record?

Sith Happens
On 05/10/2017 at 21:19, David said:

Oh i dont know, i think there was a few who post in the Keogh thread who did a little fist pump :)

But i agree with most of what you are saying, i think after the scarring experience last time i can understand people wanting to do it 'properly' and not some flukey promotion.

I want us in the PL, and i want us to stay there and if that means we end up like stoke with mid table finishes then fine, but i want us to at least compete, if we come down ok but at least make a fist of it. Last time i dont think any of us really had any optimism and the odds on us not even winning a game were quite short.

It was ok for a while to say yeah we are playing man utd or liverpool or whatever but by the end with that 4-0 drubbing by relegated reading it was just too much to take. I would definately have swopped a 7th place finish in the championship over that season in the premier league.

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Ahem... Cup competitions! You can't wait to get out of them.

To win one you need a team that can compete in the Premier League, let’s get there, build a side that can compete then go for a cup.

Still a challenge, just not an impossible one.

Never said never.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 09:41, Angry Ram said:

It’s all trendy now. They moon from their penthouses 

I've not been for a while............ but I was there on THAT night...........and on the next visit the men sent their KIDS to moon instead of mooning themselves........ progress??      

On 05/10/2017 at 21:19, David said:

The teams that play better football don't really need to adapt though.

Bournemouth are still pretty much rolling with their Championship team.

Archived