View from the outside

Derbados

My Notts County mate thought they were better team for 60 minutes, then us for the last 30. He thought that Lawrence and Wisdom were very poor first half and improved in the second. He thinks our CBs and GK were the difference between the 2 teams and our lack of pace at CM is an accident waiting to happen.

He also thought the ref gave a few bad decisions in their favour first half.

He is also very happy. 

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sage said:

My Notts County mate thought they were better team for 60 minutes, then us for the last 30. He thought that Lawrence and Wisdom were very poor first half and improved in the second. He thinks our CBs and GK were the difference between the 2 teams and our lack of pace at CM is an accident waiting to happen.

He is also very happy. 

Your Notts County mate watched the same game as me. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Fancy  dan Football from Forest got them nowhere. 

Today was all about the result. Thorne coming on was a huge bonus. Our best midfielder though  was sat in the stands; Brys told me before the game he'd love to come back. Our Midfield {or lack of} is an issue. Their midfield looked good especially McKay. 

Some Forest fan post 

Re: Matchday 12 - Derby vs Forest

If we keep our nerve and give MW the patience and backing he needs I believe we'll end up with a young team playing exciting football and challenging for promotion. If Derby stick with Rowett they're going to end up with....well a Rowett team. I know who's going to be the winners in the long run

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Today was all about the result. Thorne coming on was a huge bonus. Our best midfielder though  was sat in the stands; Brys told me before the game he'd love to come back. Our Midfield {or lack of} is an issue. Their midfield looked good especially McKay. 

Bryson did nothing for months at Derby 

Re: Matchday 12 - Derby vs Forest

We support Forest.

We don't win anything, we don't have cup runs, we don't challenge for anything. In fact, as we're constantly told on here - its unrealistic to even expect us to compete.

When we tell people we support Forest they look at us with pity or they laugh. The odd older fan tries to make us feel better by saying Cloughie's name.

The vast majority of modern fans though think football started with the Premier League.

Beating Derby is the only realistic thing we can achieve in any given season so you have to expect a disproportionate importance is placed on it.

When we concede after 24 seconds, take our best player off at 2-0 down and show no urgency in the last 15 minutes, criticism will come thick and fast. And rightly so.

3 hours ago, sage said:

He is also very happy. 

I like notts fans, level headed bunch and hate the reddogs nearly as much as us.

plus make a lot of noise in their ground for so few numbers ... theyre fine by me 

From forest forum

I would rather watch Forest try and play, and lose, than play like Derby did today and win.

Football is an art form. The deft flicks, one-two's, backheels etc - it's all what we pay to watch because we can't do it.

Derby fans will celebrate tonight absolutely, but I think some of them will be bored with mid-table Rowett type football before long when you consider the quality they have within their squad.

3 hours ago, sage said:

He is also very happy. 

I agree with all of this except Huds lack of pace is no problem provided we get someone to play with him.

The main difference was the quality of our goals .. forest didnt have that up front. We are spolt for choice with strikers .

4 hours ago, sage said:

What do you think 

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

What do you think 

Similar view. Lawrence was poor 1st half. Thought Wisdom wasn't as bad. 

They pushed Osborn and Dowell onto Ledley and Tom in a 4141 leaving Bridcutt 1 on 1 with Vydra. High stakes stuff. They missed chances, we didn't.

Certainly can't play that team away or against the better teams. Nice to win though.   

Thought they went to bits after the 58th minute subs. 

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Similar view. Lawrence was poor 1st half. Thought Wisdom wasn't as bad. 

They pushed Osborn and Dowell onto Ledley and Tom in a 4141 leaving Bridcutt 1 on 1 with Vydra. High stakes stuff. They missed chances, we didn't.

Certainly can't play that team away or against the better teams. Nice to win though.   

Thought they went to bits after the 58th minute subs. 

Glad you said that as I totally concur too. If I was a Forest fan I'd be a little aggrieved this evening coming away from the game with nothing. I guess it's one of those where the performance isn't as paramount as the result .

13 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Glad you said that as I totally concur too. If I was a Forest fan I'd be a little aggrieved this evening coming away from the game with nothing. I guess it's one of those where the performance isn't as paramount as the result .

I have mates who are Sheffield Wednesday fans and Stoke fans and they said the best team won, was you there, I have heard Forest have half season tickets available, would you like me to buy one for you lol.

Archived