Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Everyone knows it’s you still and you have posted several photos of yourself on here but to be fair I like your new name and picture. It has inspired me to change my photo for a favourite beer of mine and in anticipation of FL leaving.

It’s only recently people at home have started realising who I am though. I don’t really want it to happen again so I’m nipping it in the bud. I don’t mind people on the forum who I don’t know from home knowing what I look like. 

I know this will be unpopular with some....whilst he filled a important role in the last few weeks shoring up our midfield, Bradley Johnson should not be offered a new contract.

His limitations as a player are well known but he is now 32 & likely to be on high wages having been purchased from then Premier League Norwich City. 

We have Graham Shinnie incoming (predominantly a DCM) and a number of talented young midfielders waiting to break through. Time to move on I feel.

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not a chance that half a dozen will be established in the first team squad by this time next year - possibly 2, 3 at most. Young players need seasoned, quality professionals alongside to learn from and be protected throughout their development. Fans thinking that 4 or 5 will be playing regularly next campaign are in for a disappointment.

The only club that comes to mind who have successfully integrated 5 or 6 young players into the starting eleven at the same time was Man Utd (Beckham, Giggs, Scholes etc) - unlikely to happen again.

But we can dream!

I sort of agree and mainly because players mature at different rates, so even if 7-8 of the current u18 and u23s were to become established future Rams the process could take several seasons.

As for Man Utd being the only team to promote youth en masse.  There is another team that has managed to integrate a number of youth players at our level this season though and with a degree of success (although not in the second leg of play off semi finals).  The main difference between ourselves and Leeds is that they can work on and consolidate the progress made by their five academy products while we're unlikely to see three of our five young guns in a Rams shirt ever again.

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It’s only recently people at home have started realising who I am though. I don’t really want it to happen again so I’m nipping it in the bud. I don’t mind people on the forum who I don’t know from home knowing what I look like. 

But don't the people.from home already know what you look like?

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Very funny! They are starting to connect me with my forum name so I want to put people off the scent. And not because of Hillsborough! I enjoy the anonymity.

So just to get this right... You don't mind your mum knowing you knocked one out in a toilet cubicle at Hillsborough, but you're going to put her off the scent anyway by changing your moniker to include your favourite beverage in the vain hope that she hasn't linked you to the purple (vomit) stains around the house that appear overnight most weekends when your home?

Interesting tactic, let us know how that plays out for you ?

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Very funny! They are starting to connect me with my forum name so I want to put people off the scent. And not because of Hillsborough! I enjoy the anonymity.

face off dancing GIF

You need to watch this movie,it will give you ideas to protect the anonymity.

10 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Consider that Lawrence has been world’s above FloJo in what he brings to the team. 

Lawrence is a £6m player, FloJo is a £2.5m player. To get a player who isn’t inconsistent in that position we’d probably need to spent £12-15m which isn’t right. 

I’m sure, we’ll i know plenty of others at our level have bought more consistent for a lot less.

didnt Ipswich get our very own waggers for 250k 

which is literally like pocket change comparatively lol

11 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m sure, we’ll i know plenty of others at our level have bought more consistent for a lot less.

didnt Ipswich get our very own waggers for 250k 

which is literally like pocket change comparatively lol

How much did we pay for Waghorn?

also very much at different places in their careers. First time Lawrence has belonged to a club he’s playing regularly for.

14 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

And calling yourself "DarkFruitsRam7formerlyknownasBR7" is as good a way as any to take people off the scent!

Afterall, who knew that... gallery_hero_il_fullxfull.1147860493_30rp.jpg 

used to be Prince!  Not me, that's for sure!

58 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

How much did we pay for Waghorn?

also very much at different places in their careers. First time Lawrence has belonged to a club he’s playing regularly for.

I’m just saying there are players out there that can do the same job and better as Lawrence if u look hard enough for a lot less money 

waghorn was an example I pulled out of he air within 10 seconds of seeing the question

Brentford have made a living from it ... quite literally 

as have many, we haven’t looked hard enough over the last however many years 

we concede far too many goals where the opponents' final touch is within the width of the goals, and between the penalty spot and the six yard box. This means we have a weak aerial keeper AND both centre backs are ineffective. If Tomori was 10 years more experienced, he'd be slated by fans. This is why Keogh is NOT a brilliant defender at this level, and Tomori is still only "potential". Defense is out weak link, and whilst many will point fingers at unhelpful midfield "cough... Huddlestone... cough", the midfield are not responsible for what happens in that area between penalty spot and six-yard box, and definitely not aerially!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

And calling yourself "DarkFruitsRam7formerlyknownasBR7" is as good a way as any to take people off the scent!

Afterall, who knew that... gallery_hero_il_fullxfull.1147860493_30rp.jpg 

used to be Prince!  Not me, that's for sure!

Purple rain... Purple rain...

6 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m just saying there are players out there that can do the same job and better as Lawrence if u look hard enough for a lot less money 

waghorn was an example I pulled out of he air within 10 seconds of seeing the question

Brentford have made a living from it ... quite literally 

as have many, we haven’t looked hard enough over the last however many years 

If it’s so simple why doesn’t everyone in the league simply copy Brentford? 

I think you're reducing it to something too simple. I wonder how many of Brentford’s signings flop? We wouldn’t know because we only hear about the hits. Also, it’s probably easier to grow in a side playing good football with minimal expectations as opposed to us who expect to be there/there abouts each season since 2014. 

Thats the same with most players who cost a modest fee but do well. I bet each team has 3/4 flops for every one that takes off. We just don’t hear about them. 

If Frank leaves now for Chelsea, his entire time here has been a sham and a waste of everyone's time.

He'd forever be a disgrace in my eyes, and I'd roundly boo him if we ever met again.

On 04/06/2019 at 16:22, IlsonDerby said:

If it’s so simple why doesn’t everyone in the league simply copy Brentford? 

I think you're reducing it to something too simple. I wonder how many of Brentford’s signings flop? We wouldn’t know because we only hear about the hits. Also, it’s probably easier to grow in a side playing good football with minimal expectations as opposed to us who expect to be there/there abouts each season since 2014. 

Thats the same with most players who cost a modest fee but do well. I bet each team has 3/4 flops for every one that takes off. We just don’t hear about them. 

Lots of other teams do do it 

how many others spend 7m on player at our level, it happens amongst the parchute brigade and the equally frivolous but way more don’t at our level and manage to find talent

we’ve recruited more shrewdly this season just gone than we have for many a year and the years of us spunking it up the wall on over valued and grossly over paid have gone.

I hope it continues 

maybe im just looking at it through early days Jim smith tinted glasses lol

Archived