Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

11 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I can sort of see the logic behind the thinking though.  With such an array of future stars in the u23 and in particular the u18 teams, you could make the argument that loaning in other youngsters blocks development of our own.  Just imagine this time next year if we can look back and celebrate Bogle as the vanguard of half a dozen youngsters who had established themselves and made an impact on the league.

Not a chance that half a dozen will be established in the first team squad by this time next year - possibly 2, 3 at most. Young players need seasoned, quality professionals alongside to learn from and be protected throughout their development. Fans thinking that 4 or 5 will be playing regularly next campaign are in for a disappointment.

The only club that comes to mind who have successfully integrated 5 or 6 young players into the starting eleven at the same time was Man Utd (Beckham, Giggs, Scholes etc) - unlikely to happen again.

But we can dream!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Would say we’ve been paying for sacking Mac first time around for years 

I think I'd agree with you.

At the time, I can remember being proper fed up with his ability to implement a Plan B - and the Newcastle speculation had become a sore point for a lot of us.

Looking back though, I think those injuries in the second half of the season were the real downfall.

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think I'd agree with you.

At the time, I can remember being proper fed up with his ability to implement a Plan B - and the Newcastle speculation had become a sore point for a lot of us.

Looking back though, I think those injuries in the second half of the season were the real downfall.

Think we would have skied the league the following season..... 

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not a chance that half a dozen will be established in the first team squad by this time next year - possibly 2, 3 at most. Young players need seasoned, quality professionals alongside to learn from and be protected throughout their development. Fans thinking that 4 or 5 will be playing regularly next campaign are in for a disappointment.

The only club that comes to mind who have successfully integrated 5 or 6 young players into the starting eleven at the same time was Man Utd (Beckham, Giggs, Scholes etc) - unlikely to happen again.

But we can dream!

Another reason is that you've got to have 5 or 6 players ready to come through at the same time. Otherwise it's just one more case of ifs and maybes.

14 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Mine has always been that Bryson's historic hat-trick is a bit tainted due to the penalty being won by a dive.

For me, the fact that it was Bamford that did it against his boyhood club just makes it all the better. Wonder if he regrets it.

Mine is that Forsyth is vastly overrated by many due to him being at the club for so long and always putting a shift in, but really he is a lower midtable standard fullback , Malone has left a lot to be desired defensively as well. So hopefully it is a breakthrough season for Lowe or we get a new left back who can defend and attack. 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Would say we’ve been paying for sacking Mac first time around for years 

Perhaps. But the effects would have been mitigated if we had appointed a Lampard type straight after Mac, both V1 and V2. It was the changes from Mac to Clement to Pearson, back to Mac and then to Rowett that killed us.  

11 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Mine is that Forsyth is vastly overrated by many due to him being at the club for so long and always putting a shift in, but really he is a lower midtable standard fullback , Malone has left a lot to be desired defensively as well. So hopefully it is a breakthrough season for Lowe or we get a new left back who can defend and attack. 

In my opinion, Fozzy is a confidence player. If he lacks confidence (partly down to the fact that he’s recovering from an injury), he’s below average. I thought he was terrible last season. You could tell that he was scared every time he got the ball, partially because the fans were really getting on his back.

But when he’s fit and full of confidence, he’s very, very good. He was fantastic this season until he got injured. 

We’ve definitely missed his aerial presence since he got injured.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Perhaps. But the effects would have been mitigated if we had appointed a Lampard type straight after Mac, both V1 and V2. It was the changes from Mac to Clement to Pearson, back to Mac and then to Rowett that killed us.  

Why have you gone undercover?

15 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Think you know where I am on these changes ?

On 01/06/2019 at 17:36, angieram said:

You should be able to take your alcoholic drink to your seat and enjoy it while watching the game.

This but stewards should be able to eject/refuse entry for anyone who’s already p1ssed up. 

Drink socially to enjoy the game. At a footy game not a night club. 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Were they making fun of your 'toilet habits'?

Thankfully not. It may only have been a matter of time though?

On a serious note, I do like the anonymity associated with the forum. You can say what you want without worrying about real-life people.

On 02/06/2019 at 10:57, NottsRam77 said:

As much as I want him to succeed and I really do cos there’s a v talented player in there somewhere I would with Lawrence in a heartbeat 

We paid v good money for a wildly inconsistent player 

Consider that Lawrence has been world’s above FloJo in what he brings to the team. 

Lawrence is a £6m player, FloJo is a £2.5m player. To get a player who isn’t inconsistent in that position we’d probably need to spent £12-15m which isn’t right. 

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Thankfully not. It may only have been a matter of time though?

On a serious note, I do like the anonymity associated with the forum. You can say what you want without worrying about real-life people.

Everyone knows it’s you still and you have posted several photos of yourself on here but to be fair I like your new name and picture. It has inspired me to change my photo for a favourite beer of mine and in anticipation of FL leaving.

Archived