Football writers predict promotion

Rample

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monk blew it at Leeds last season, total bottle job. But you can't deny Boro's squad strength so it's a strange one. I'm looking more in the direction of Fulham and Sheff Wed. Reading have lost key players, Villa are a slow motion car crash.

As things stand I can't really see past Middlesbrough and Aston Villa for the top two. Of course, football isn't played on paper and it will take them both five to ten games to 'click' properly but once they do there aren't two stronger squads in the division. They both have the quality and depth for automatic at this level. If either of them don't then questions will have to be asked of their management or the attitudes of some of their players. Otherwise they are to two to beat. 

As for us, I don't see a top six finish unless we get two quality attacking options in. We will see I suppose! 

16 minutes ago, Squid said:

The closest we'll get to top 2 is if we get a positive result against Sunderland first game of the season! 

bet your a laugh a minute saturday afternoons at PP , put a lid on your negativity or go and bore someone else , heres to the Rams making you eat your words COYR

Boro and Villa have to be seen as contenders. The other teams are works in progress and depends who they lose/sign. That said I can't see any getting weaker than they are now apart from maybe Leeds if they lose Wood.

7 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

This must have been wrote before Boro signed Christie

Just about to comment similar. Considering they've bought him, maybe they'll know how to get him firing on all cylinders like we .......oh er ...... 

8 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

The bookies seem to think Wolves have a slightly better chance of winning the league/gaining promotion than us at the moment.

I can't help but think they're a dark horse. Their summer recruitment has bee exceptional. I'm very interested to see whether Porto B team can play in the championship. 

19 hours ago, Squid said:

The closest we'll get to top 2 is if we get a positive result against Sunderland first game of the season! 

Wow we will get close to the top 2 by winning one game. Brilliant. If we win the first 2 then I am getting my "we are the champions ' t shirt at the end of August 

18 hours ago, Rample said:

Boro and Villa have to be seen as contenders. The other teams are works in progress and depends who they lose/sign. That said I can't see any getting weaker than they are now apart from maybe Leeds if they lose Wood.

You can get tablets to stop that happening these days 

Archived