Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

3 hours ago, Venkman 2 said:

Agree on Lawrence. I wouldnt go over £3 million for him.

I would take Huddlestone back in a heart beat though.

Would pull the strings from a deep lying role and capable of switching defence into attack very quickly with his passing range.

Precisely what GR wants; speed flip from defence to attack. That is the style GR wants. Catch teams when they're out of "shape" in stark contrast to how Mac had us set up ie allow teams to park the bus then try and pass them to bits. 

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

He doesn't live in Hull - house near Grantham I understand so that shouldn't be causing any delay, that's assuming we are really after him.

12 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You do realise Hudds lives in Notts?

Did not know this :D. Apologies lol. 

2 hours ago, SouthernRam said:

I thought Rowett would be coming in to fix us, because when it comes to transfers, we are pretty broken. I haven't got the exact quote but Rowett's aim was to stop bringing in 30+ ex-Prem players on high wages. Arfield and Huddlestone are both around that age, and they just represents players that will only do a job for a season or two and will then have next to no resale value. Taking a chance on players like Irvine, Adams, Watkins, Lawrence is worth it not only for what they give at the time, but also for their potential contribution and in the worst case, resale value. 

If Rowett is banking on promotion like years and managers gone by and we don't make it, given the look of the current squad, we won't be challenging in a few years.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying ,a team to get out the Championship is not likely to be the same in the Prem ,would probably want dismantling and starting again as we should have done under BD.

This applies to the manager as well I stood at Wembley after the play off final and said to my mate now's the time to sack BD and get an experienced Prem manager in ,it's horse's for course's.

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

How reliable is the daily mail?

Weren't they wrote a piece about Davies to us £500k? If so there you go.

Perhaps he needs to talk to his wife about taking a pay cut !!  

GR did also say he wanted some experienced players , particularly if they knew what was needed to get out of the Championship, in the mix.

Come home Tom.

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Whilst I agree with what you are saying ,a team to get out the Championship is not likely to be the same in the Prem ,would probably want dismantling and starting again as we should have done under BD.

Largely agree, but we need to win promotion first.

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Precisely what GR wants; speed flip from defence to attack. That is the style GR wants. Catch teams when they're out of "shape" in stark contrast to how Mac had us set up ie allow teams to park the bus then try and pass them to bits. 

That's a nice way to say " hoof it" 

Archived