Ince's Replacement

sage

Ince's replacement  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, MannyDCFC said:

I'd take a punt on a 3m foreign winger. We lack a technically gifted forward and there are plenty in Spain. In the Wes Hoolahan/David Silva mould.

Obviously we won't get anyone of that calibre but maybe it's worth a punt? 

I'd rather not take that risk on inces replacement given our recent... interesting foreign scouting. Need a big name who we can guarantee can deliver the goods, and has already proved themselves as a cut above. Leave the foreign players for less important roles imo until we've sorted out our scouting network

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'd rather not take that risk on inces replacement given our recent... interesting foreign scouting. Need a big name who we can guarantee can deliver the goods, and has already proved themselves as a cut above. Leave the foreign players for less important roles imo until we've sorted out our scouting network

Someone who can guarantee to deliver the goods will be £15m+... 

Just now, philmycock said:

Big big season for Johnny, got a sneaky feeling he's gonna have a blinder, possibly on the right

Think you could be right.

Just now, philmycock said:

Big big season for Johnny, got a sneaky feeling he's gonna have a blinder, possibly on the right

Bloody hope he does! Needs a big season because last one was awful! Would love him too but think we need better

Jota would be great but unlikely, Ibe also but again unlikely. Roberts is a great shout, immense talent but surely a premier club will take him?

For me we should defo consider Lawrence, and either Sako or a top talent from the lower leagues (e.g. Watkins). 

However, I'm finding myself starting to be convinced this might just be Jonny's season now Ince is gone and Martin's back. And of all the options, this is the one I want the most for everything he's given to this club...but nostalgia and good feeling doesn't win you promotion.

Didn't Rowett say our signings would be in place by around the Kaiserslauten away game? i.e 22nd of July. Meaning that it shouldn't be too long before we know, I'd like Jota. I want a more skillful winger, as opposed to one based just on pace. I don't think Sako would be right for us, he's on the older side for a winger that relies on pace, and I saw previous posts estimating his wages at circa 50k p/w. I'd like signings of Jota, and perhaps a younger player/lower league play, as one proven, and one more risky signing.

Players being mentioned have all been linked under previous managers but haven't seen anything to suggest GR will want them. Can see some new names coming out of nowhere in the next few days. 

Archived