Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Torn by this one, 2million is clearly value just don't see him as an improvement on Thorne, Johnson or Hughes. Plus means less opportunities for the likes of Elsnik, Vernam, Hanson and Guy.

He would replace Bryson

I think this would be a great signing for us - a perfect fit really given his playing style and Rowetts preferred formation.

I've never seen him play or owt, don't know what he looks like or even really what position he plays - attacking midfielder is he? But I'm really excited about signings now so i want to get this one over the line. And we can call him our Rameroo! 

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

I think this would be a great signing for us - a perfect fit really given his playing style and Rowetts preferred formation.

I've never seen him play or owt, don't know what he looks like or even really what position he plays - attacking midfielder is he? But I'm really excited about signings now so i want to get this one over the line. And we can call him our Rameroo! 

Has got a ponytail :wub:

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I think Fred Flintstone would be a great signing.Never seen him play or owt,but I'm really excited about signings now......and we can call him our Stone Ramage.

PistoldPete2

Don't know much about this guy. He scored 10 goals as Dm, but I guess quite a few headers in there. We don't have anyone who can cross the ball, so he won't get many goals for us unless we improve other areas. 

Is is he any good as a Dm? If so he could be useful if thorne isn't fit. 

5 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Don't know much about this guy. He scored 10 goals as Dm, but I guess quite a few headers in there. We don't have anyone who can cross the ball, so he won't get many goals for us unless we improve other areas. 

I'm in the same boat as you as not knowing a deal about. I'd like to add on the question of 'how good is he on the ball?' For anyone who has watched him play a fair bit.

5 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't think he's a defensive midfielder - He's a box to box mid like Bryson

He's 6"2 strong in the air and strong in general. He doesn't look out of place next to Mooy in the Aussie national team although his technical ability is lacking in comparison. He works hard and scoring ten goals in a struggling side as a midfielder who puts a shift in defensively is obviously impressive. I think he'd be a good (potentially very good) signing.

Is midfield an area where you need reinforcing?

1 minute ago, Foxes Fan said:

He's 6"2 strong in the air and strong in general. He doesn't look out of place next to Mooy in the Aussie national team although his technical ability is lacking in comparison. He works hard and scoring ten goals in a struggling side as a midfielder who puts a shift in defensively is obviously impressive. I think he'd be a good (potentially very good) signing.

Is midfield an area where you need reinforcing?

We've got a lot of technically good players in there (Thorne, Butterfield, Hughes) but we arguably need a warrior who can battle in the centre of the park and get the ball forward. For me, Irvine ticks all the boxes, and at a young age he's got time to grow in our side. Other than Wisdom, he's the only player I'd really love to see Derby sign this window. 

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

We've got a lot of technically good players in there (Thorne, Butterfield, Hughes) but we arguably need a warrior who can battle in the centre of the park and get the ball forward. For me, Irvine ticks all the boxes, and at a young age he's got time to grow in our side. Other than Wisdom, he's the only player I'd really love to see Derby sign this window. 

Sounds like Irvine would be perfect for you then. Does Johnson play in the centre for Derby? He's always looked like a good player to me.

54 minutes ago, Foxes Fan said:

Sounds like Irvine would be perfect for you then. Does Johnson play in the centre for Derby? He's always looked like a good player to me.

Yep he does, he struggled at the early part of last season but became better and better as the season went on. Was never a McClaren type of player for me but he'd suit a Rowett counter attacking style more.

I imagine it would be Thorne+ one other at the heart of midfield.

4 hours ago, Foxes Fan said:

Johnson played CDM and CM all season last season. 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 08:15, PistoldPete2 said:

I think he'd be wasted at DM, even though that was probably his position at Ross, as soon as NC got hold of him he pushed him into an advanced role, starting out on the right of a 3 man midfield, then moving him central as his influence grew. I think to put him back into a DM role now would actually nullify a lot of his strong points.

He's not a silky passer but he's good enough on the ball, his real strength is his box to box ability, he puts his foot in without being an enforcer, he can pass it without being Hoddle-esque. Where he really excels are in the timing of his runs, his finishing ability and he's more of a threat in the air than he gets credit for.

I said earlier in the thread he's Bryson like, perhaps not yet as good as Bryso at his best but probably more potential to eventually be better than Craig in the long run.

Having said that, I'd snap your hands off if you offered me Bryso as a swap. Definitely in my top 5 favourite NC signings ever.

Archived