Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Its the chairman who'll make the decision. Although he's very shrewd and get a good price out of us.

Also, Rush going might ease Nigel's stubborn streak.

Sure Nigel would have a big say in it though, not a chairman that will sell against his wishes. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Anyone?

I think he would add something that is clearly missing from our midfield, a goal threat mixed with a player who can put himself about a bit.

I remember him being a pain in the back side at the Pirelli.

His value should be North of 5 million in today's market, if we could get him for any less than 5 million it would be a decent bit of business.

Without a bidding war we should be ok so need to act fast if rowett is interested.

19 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'm not convinced those 2 would fit into their wage structure

You're right on that one. 

3 hours ago, David said:

I'm absolutely not writing Nigel Clough is bitter but do you see them honestly selling to us?

See your point. But wouldn't be surprised to see Burton's Chairman do business with Rowett...

4 hours ago, David said:

I'm absolutely not writing Nigel Clough is bitter but do you see them honestly selling to us?

From his comments on tv when we played them at their place, I'd say he's very bitter. Went down in my estimations.

46 minutes ago, cannable said:

Worth it? Chances are it'd need to be a far bigger fee or we'd have to pay a significant portion of bryson's wages.

Haven't a clue mate. I guess it depends on who's on Rowetts to get rid of list. The only players we want to keep are probably the ones that other clubs want. To clear the wage bill we may have to make some compromises especially if we wish to add quality to our team.

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

From his comments on tv when we played them at their place, I'd say he's very bitter. Went down in my estimations.

I agree, but he's always been the we haven't got any money, we are the underdogs, we can't compete and spend millions type of person.

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I agree, but he's always been the we haven't got any money, we are the underdogs, we can't compete and spend millions type of person.

Yeah totally agree, but he should have kept his opinions to himself and not act like a mardy schoolboy. There's a time and a place to express your displeasure i think.

He's likely to start tonight for Australia, should be an interesting game to watch. Huge match for Australia. 

At a guess, whatever happens with him is going to be waiting until after the Confederations Cup, where he'll likely be a starter. Should be interesting. 

On 2017-6-7 at 16:21, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Burton's chairman will do what is best for Burton, if that means selling Irvine to us (or anyone else for that matter) to free up funds to improve the rest of the squad then it won't matter what Nigel thinks.

We wouldnt have a problem dealing with burton.

Bennett went on loan,so we obviously do deals between us

Archived