Jackson Irvine - Signed for Hull City

Nuwtfly

41 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Irvine and Mooy might work well together as Aussie teammates.

Until they are 12000 miles away playing against western somoa returning on Saturday morning for the game and Darren Bent is picking them up from the airport and gets stuck in traffic to miss the kick off.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Until they are 12000 miles away playing against western somoa returning on Saturday morning for the game and Darren Bent is picking them up from the airport and gets stuck in traffic to miss the kick off.

Abdoul Camara's rates are cheaper. And you get better music.

Was the fastest taxi driver in France.

13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Australia don't play in Oceania anymore. Also, "Western Samoa" is just called Samoa these days. The real concern is how they back up after a midweek trip to Tajikistan. 

9 hours ago, Albert said:

Australia don't play in Oceania anymore. Also, "Western Samoa" is just called Samoa these days. The real concern is how they back up after a midweek trip to Tajikistan. 

It would be a friendly exhibition match

• 3 weeks later...

Reports: Burton Albion's Jackson Irvine wanted by Derby County, Fulham, Aston Villa 

By RichardCusack  |  Posted: June 07, 2017

Burton Albion midfielder Jackson Irvine is reported to have a host of Championship clubs chasing his signature this summer, according to Australian news organization Special Broadcasting Service.

The report suggests that Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham are all interested in acquiring the Brewers' top-scorer.

Albion's star man - who was previously linked with the Rams, among others, in January - is currently away on international duty ahead of Thursday's World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia.

Irvine has notched 10 goals for the Brewers this season after signing from Ross County last summer

The Socceroos will then entertain Brazil in a friendly in June 13, before heading to the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia, where they will face Germany, Chile and Cameroon.

Irvine has said repeatedly that he will only entertain offers that his representatives believe to be of interest to him, and has made it clear that money is not a deal breaker in any negotiations.

The former Celtic man became the Brewers' record signing last summer after making a £250,000 switch from Ross County, and set the Championship alight.

Ten goals in Albion's debut Championship campaign saw Irvine receive the highest of praise from around the league, and he was offered a new deal by the Brewers in January.

That remains unsigned at this stage, with Irvine saying talks will wait until after the Confed Cup - but he has reiterated that he still has two years left on his current deal with the Brewers and is comfortable with the current deal he is on. 

"It's a long pre-season and a long transfer window, and as I always maintain I have two years left at Burton and if anything realistic happens you address that as it comes," said Irvine.

"Then you make decisions you feel will be best at that time.

Jackson Irvine is currently away with Australia ahead of Thursday night's Saudi Arabia clash

"I just want to continue to progress - you want to get to the highest level possible.

"For me, it's about playing in the top division at the top level in Europe,

"Growing up (in Melbourne) I watched a lot of the Premier league and it would be a dream to play in that league one day.

"But at this point in time the Championship is arguably one of the biggest leagues in the world.

"I think it's the fifth most watched competition right now and you can see the calibre of player and teams in this division, so it's a great place to continue to learn."

READ MORE FROM BURTON MAIL

I always find these pieces that name about 5 clubs interested as just lazy journalism trying to drum up business, Burton Albion will be desperate to sell him for big money, Clough could build a championship team with the money they could get from Irvine.

I would be very happy to sign him however, so I hope this piece of lazy journalism bares fruit.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I always find these pieces that name about 5 clubs interested as just lazy journalism trying to drum up business, Burton Albion will be desperate to sell him for big money, Clough could build a championship team with the money they could get from Irvine.

I would be very happy to sign him however, so I hope this piece of lazy journalism bares fruit.

That does look like lazy journalism to me? 

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd love to be a red top journalist.  Have a dart board above my desk, one sides numbers corresponding with players, the other side's corresponding to teams.  Don blindfold, take aim, and make up a story on the resulting hits.  Rinse & repeat every day.  Easy peasy...

Said a few times how much I would love to see Derby sign Irvine. I think he'd off the bit of power Rowett hasn't been talking about wanting to our midfield. Goals too and an aerial presence. Also a player who is young and hungry to prove himself at a higher level, rather than. 30+ Premier League player on big wages. He also wouldn't cost the world!

2 minutes ago, David said:

I'm absolutely not writing Nigel Clough is bitter but do you see them honestly selling to us?

Only if we pay over the odds apart from that unlikely. 

44 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'd love to be a red top journalist.  Have a dart board above my desk, one sides numbers corresponding with players, the other side's corresponding to teams.  Don blindfold, take aim, and make up a story on the resulting hits.  Rinse & repeat every day.  Easy peasy...

I agree with you.This article is from the Burton Mail and I suppose they're trying to drum up sales with this article which is quoting an Aussie news source.

Archived