Keogh

TroyDyer

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Burnley replacing £25m rated England international defender Michael Keane with Richard Keogh ? Wake up and smell the covfefe people...

Same manager that didn't want to see Shackell sold, shown interest in Keogh before and Bryson. Not that unthinkable, not like Burnley would go out and spend it all on a big name replacement

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We havent been linked to a better centre back than Keogh yet. Since he signed hes been our best defender by a mile. I just can not understand the stick he gets. If hes been poor in some eyes then his partners must of been absolutely horrendous.

51 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Very rare to find someone who gives his absolute all every minute of every game.

No matter how much abuse this lad has taken he's stood in the face of all of it, never moaned or complained about his treatment from the bully/boo boys.

And as regards to Wembley he took all the abuse and came back stronger to eventually be player of the year again. 

If he does leave I'd be very sad to see him go. 

All the managers he's played for seem to have liked him enough for him to amass a large number of appearances.

Speaks volumes.

Very dignified man and an example of how to conduct yourself. 

Agree with all that except the last line ,he does tend to criticise his team mates instead of inspire when the chips are down 

44 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

If Keogh is a failure I'd hate to see how you would describe the other bunch of no hopers in our team.

I would rather sort out our midfield and wing area before our defence.

And how do you know what GR thinks or is thinking?

I don't know what he is thinking. That would be what the word "maybe" would signify. 

Keogh has been here since Clough. Clough, SM x2, Pearson, Clement, and now Rowett. And let's be honest, he hardly covered himself in Maldini in the games he played under GR last season. Certainly not enough to be unsellable.

I like Keogh, I am in no way part of the Keogh-is-the-reincarnation-of-the-devil-brigade, but for the right price I think we should consider selling him.

£5mil is something which I would consider, however I feel the fact that it would be to a fellow promotion chasing club would allow us to squeeze a million or so extra out of it.

He's been great for us, incredibly consistent and virtually ever-present. We signed him from recently relegated Coventry for just over a million five years ago. He's proved his worth several times over. If you think he's the sole reason we didn't go up that day, and still hate him because of that then I'm sorry but you are a fool.

My reasons for selling him would be that I want to see this squad shaken up. We've been nearly men for too long and tweaking it probably isn't going to change an awful lot. We need a new core and a new identity. Keogh is a very good Championship degender, but I feel that's all he'll ever be. He's approaching his thirties and if we can get the majority, if not all of the transfer fees we would pay for Hanley & Wisdom, then I think that would be a very good deal for the club.

Keogh certainly splits opinions amongst the fans. 

I believe £5mil is a fair price but i would sell the other CBs over him. 

We looked utterly terrible without him. Many people were wishing his return.

Only issue is we need to sell to be able to buy and quite a few of our players are on the verge of unsellable.

Selling Keogh would be one way to make your mark, if that is what Rowett is looking to do. Divide and conquer, perhaps?

He's been an excellent servant to the club and arguably he has been our best and most consistent defender for many years.

For the level we are at, he is worth keeping and unless the offer is too good to refuse (£6-8 million), it would seem counter-intuitive to sell a player who has proven himself to be a top Championship defender, when the defence is clearly a problem area.

If Shackell was still fit and firing on all cylinders, it wouldn't be so much of a blow. But with Shackell's age and injury problems of late, it would be daft to sell Keogh, particularly to a Championship club.

If a Premier League club comes calling, then we shouldn't stand in his way. But based on the original rumour, this is a different matter.

Loads of different variables as to what he's worth.

Thinking of playing out from the back and having a high-line Gaz? Eight-figure fee minimum. 

Looking to play out from the back OR having a high-line? Sell for a fair price, mid to high seven figures. 

Neither of the above? Look to move on. Low to moderate seven figure fee.

If the buying club are in desperate need of a ball-playing centre-half then milk them for a couple of extra million. Ball-players are few and far between. 

'X' value doesn't exist. £5,000,000 will look silly if we're starting next season with Grant Hanley and Alex Pearce playing it out from the back with a high-line and Rowett would probably be out of the job.

59 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Burnley replacing £25m rated England international defender Michael Keane with Richard Keogh ? Wake up and smell the covfefe people...

Don't know what covfefe is but I sure as hell dont want to smell it!   :(

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Think selling Keogh may hold the key to bringing in Hanley.

Same with Christie and us bringing in Wisdom. 

I would expect us to be in profit too. And in my opinion, quality wise, Wisdom/Hanley would just about beat Christie/Keogh.

Just now, Kernow said:

I would expect us to be in profit too. And in my opinion, quality wise, Wisdom/Hanley would just about beat Christie/Keogh.

Agree. I'd rather have Hanley and Wisdom than Keogh and Christie any day. My ideal situation would be to sell Pearce and Christie and then have a back 5 of - 

Forsyth - Hanley - Keogh - Wisdom

Carson

That'd be the best defence in the league. 

Archived