Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Offer £2 million with 30 minutes to go till the deadline on 31st Jan seems a likely scenario.

Rowett should go and get the players we need and hope for the best. Promotion is the most important thing.

We need the right players on board to tip the balance.

We do not want our third choice players coming in at the last minute.

How much are we likely to be arguing about with Brum's goalkeeper - £500,000?

How much if we do not get him or similar if Carson gets injured? £200 million

This is the exact approach that has caused us all sorts of problems in the past.

Lets pay £6m for Bradley Johnson... if it gets us promoted it will earn us £200million. You can apply that approach to any player at any price (up to £200m of course!).

Funnily enough I'd imagine we might need the £200m if we get up, to try and keep us there! Of course you have to push the boat out a bit to get there but you've got to get the balance right.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I would imagine the conversation with Martin about going to Sunderland was like the last episode of Blackadder goes forth when Darling gets told he is going to the front for the final push.

I wondered what Martin was doing with a pair of underpants on his head and a pencil up each nostril. :(

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

May still happen. Two of our esteemed posters were convinced at one time that it would happen. 

Don’t create fiction. It was suggested as an option Fulham might consider to get back at us when they were on record as planning to dig their feet in and you felt they might try to stick it to us for subverting their option to purchase

8 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

May still happen. Two of our esteemed posters were convinced at one time that it would happen. 

Martin was only wanted at Wolves because of Lambert - He was sacked, please keep up!

He has since got the Stoke job and speculation took over that Stoke wants Martin, but I believe there was no truth in that story.

54 minutes ago, toddy said:

Martin was only wanted at Wolves because of Lambert - He was sacked, please keep up!

He has since got the Stoke job and speculation took over that Stoke wants Martin, but I believe there was no truth in that story.

So why did Wolves try to sign him on transfer deadline day? ?

50 minutes ago, rynny said:

So why did Wolves try to sign him on transfer deadline day? ?

I would have thought the wolves link will be back this transfer window,they only have the one main centre forward who is not scoring goals for a while now and they have purchased a younger forward but he is very inexperienced and a bid for the likes of Martin would be perfect for their system 

Archived