Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

FWIW Football League World is reporting today's print edition of the Sunday People says Wolves are now leading the race to sign Martin.

I think they're uncatchable so if they paid a good fee for his services I would accept that. But it would have to be a very good fee (and if they're bidding £35m for some players in Italy they can pay £10m for a proven striker to get them over the line).

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/wolves-now-head-host-of-clubs-in-race-to-sign-29-year-old-international-striker/

I would settle for £5 million. What would it cost a club to have Chris for a loan? Wages plus loan fee?

We need the cash now to get a goalkeeper, midfielder and winger.

Ask Vydra if any good players from Czech Republic.

Forshaw (Foreshore) is a bit beached, not littorally of course. Bilological humour.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would I sell him to Wolves for £4 million? Yes I would. Probably only play three games.

Rowett on selling Hughes - i got Huddlestone, Wisdom and Davies for that money. An extremely compelling argument Senor Rowett.

Do not ask Rowett what he got for a player. Ask him what he bought with the money. watch and learn

35 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That bit isn't quite right if I understood the deal correctly. Wasn't the deal only to be done if all 3 parties agreed? At the time we wanted him back and he wanted to come back so there for Fulham didn't really have a say in the matter.

The deal was very clear in that the transfer fee at end of loan  was fixed and if Fulham and Chris Martin agreed terms Derby had no more say in it ,100 percent certain that was the deal ,it was made very public at the start  ,, now history has been jiggery pokeryd by the Martin above all else faction to the fantasy that Fulham wanted him permanent , had agreed terms ,Martin had agreed terms and all done and dusted , at which point derby come in ,tell him we want him and put a new contract to him , he loves us so much that he renages on Fulham deal and comes home ,,,,,, a real tearjerker story of lassie come home proportions spoiled only by the big bad rowett in Black cape and twirly mustache,

far be it for me to spoil the day at the movies but rumblings wer3 that Fulham were not very forthcoming in sorting terms with Martin to make it permanent and Mac coming back to derby must have been a godsend

12 minutes ago, archied said:

far be it for me to spoil the day at the movies but rumblings wer3 that Fulham were not very forthcoming in sorting terms with Martin to make it permanent...

Yep, they've not got lots of dosh and all Chris wanted was a permanent deal so his family could be settled.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

I would settle for £5 million.

50 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Would I sell him to Wolves for £4 million? Yes I would.

10 minutes and you've already dropped the asking price by a million, hope the club is a bit better at negotiating!

13 minutes ago, archied said:

The deal was very clear in that the transfer fee at end of loan  was fixed and if Fulham and Chris Martin agreed terms Derby had no more say in it ,100 percent certain that was the deal ,it was made very public at the start  ,, now history has been jiggery pokeryd by the Martin above all else faction to the fantasy that Fulham wanted him permanent , had agreed terms ,Martin had agreed terms and all done and dusted , at which point derby come in ,tell him we want him and put a new contract to him , he loves us so much that he renages on Fulham deal and comes home ,,,,,, a real tearjerker story of lassie come home proportions spoiled only by the big bad rowett in Black cape and twirly mustache,

far be it for me to spoil the day at the movies but rumblings wer3 that Fulham were not very forthcoming in sorting terms with Martin to make it permanent and Mac coming back to derby must have been a godsend

A lot of ifs, buts and maybes in there but like all good stories it didn't have a happy ending. Well not from us Martinites perspective anyway. Hopefully it ends well for him and he finds a home where he's loved and can thrive.

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep, they've not got lots of dosh and all Chris wanted was a permanent deal so his family could be settled.

Yep but very far from the fairytale of Marin turning them down for the one club he loves ,,, there was nothinng on the table for him at Fulham 

3 minutes ago, archied said:

Yep but very far from the fairytale of Marin turning them down for the one club he loves ,,, there was nothinng on the table for him at Fulham 

You just HAVE to exaggerate everything don't you. Maybe what was on the table at Fulham wasn't as good as at Derby. Or maybe as his family was here he wanted to come back to Derby. Plus he wanted to play for Mac.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

I would settle for £5 million. What would it cost a club to have Chris for a loan? Wages plus loan fee?

We need the cash now to get a goalkeeper, midfielder and winger.

Ask Vydra if any good players from Czech Republic.

Forshaw (Foreshore) is a bit beached, not littorally of course. Bilological humour.

The hours must just fly by when Bilologists get together 

Anyone criticising giving Martin a new contract to try and get him back at the club...

How many of you thought

A. We’d have a new manager within months

B. Tying down one of the best strikers in the league was a bad idea

C. We’d have a manager who’d have no use for him by the next January

Any attack on that contract is a Captain Hindsight routine, like you ******* knew any better.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You just HAVE to exaggerate everything don't you. Maybe what was on the table at Fulham wasn't as good as at Derby. Or maybe as his family was here he wanted to come back to Derby. Plus he wanted to play for Mac.

Nope responding to the over exaggeration of Chris martins place at this club ,,,, happy to take all the above , perhaps we offered him a BETTER deal ( trawl back you will find Fulham dragging their heels) ,perhaps Martin came back because it was better for his family , perhaps he wanted to play for Mac at derby ( back to beloved derby under Pearson? Doubt it) ,,

chris Martin did what was right for Chris Martin and for Chris martins family !,,,,,, too bloody right and exactly as things should be ,me I respect that , I respect the effort and goals he put in for us while in his heyday ,,,, but I respect rowett doing what he thinks is right for derby county ,it’s his job to do that so let’s cut all the exaggeration around Chris matin and the victim ******** of a lassie come home figure clinging to the club and fans he loves whilst being kicked by the low integrity jackboot of Gary Rowett and derby county ,

i like Chris Martin but I love derby county 

19 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Anyone criticising giving Martin a new contract to try and get him back at the club...

How many of you thought

Any attack on that contract is a Captain Hindsight routine, like you ******* knew any better.

I haven't and wouldn't criticize giving new contract to Martin and I hate that he is not used more by Rowett, but...

A. According to evidence since Mel took control, it was expected.

B. Didn't Martin have 1,5 years left on his contract? or was it 2,5?

C. That highlights one of the biggest problems of our manager recruiting; no clear direction, just scattergun approach and wishing for the best.

No need for hindsight bias with your examples, just rational observing... But I do agree that latter is less used here (or anywhere else, to be more precise).

24 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

How many of you thought

As i recall the improved contract was to ensure Fulham didnt get him cheap and the fact we were in a situation that we could have done with him being back at the time.  May be we thought if Fulham were no longer interested in a permanent signing due to his improved contract,they may have agreed to release him back to us?

11 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I haven't and wouldn't criticize giving new contract to Martin and I hate that he is not used more by Rowett, but...

A. According to evidence since Mel took control, it was expected.

B. Didn't Martin have 1,5 years left on his contract? or was it 2,5?

C. That highlights one of the biggest problems of our manager recruiting; no clear direction, just scattergun approach and wishing for the best.

No need for hindsight bias with your examples, just rational observing... But I do agree that latter is less used here (or anywhere else, to be more precise).

A. Well don’t sign any players for a manager then, have a house style that managers have to adhere to (bet they’d be chuffed about that) or just give a manager more time, obviously.

B. 1.5 I think but the move was to show Fulham they were wasting their time with him

C. My biggest issue with the McClaren sacking, he was given a turd, polished it and then was sacked because surprisingly it still tasted like ****.

Not surprised we fell off that season, the squad was a mess that didn’t make sense and we couldn’t figure out an identity.

39 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Putting this thread back on topic, Nixon tells me there's been no contact between Derby and Wolves about Martin for weeks.

What else does he tell you about Wolves and Martin, has there been interest shown, figures bandied about?

2 hours ago, David said:

10 minutes and you've already dropped the asking price by a million, hope the club is a bit better at negotiating!

Newsflash - Rampage is prepared to sell Chris Martin for £3.5 million - not a penny less and that is final

Archived