Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And maybe in the summer it will be easier to get a transfer to a club that will be pushing for promotion when they are (possibly) no longer our rivals? Why on earth would Martin want to go to strugglers Sunderland or Reading now?

FTFY

Reading only 4 points above Sunderland

Screenshot_20180124-155632.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin is due back from a trip to Dubai with the Rams tomorrow and is believed to have been waiting for Championship leaders Wolves to make him a concrete offer. Reading and Sunderland have already talked to him.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/15893460.Transfer_gossip__Newcastle_must_pay_more_than___20m_for_Jorgensen__Sunderland_face_Marshall_and_Martin_fight__while_Boro_wait_for_Forest_bid/?ref=mr&lp=13

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And maybe in the summer it will be easier to get a transfer to a club that will be pushing for promotion when they are (possibly) no longer our rivals? Why on earth would Martin want to go to strugglers Sunderland or mid-table Reading now?

Yep there are lots of considerations , he may well be on a promotion bonus , he may well feel that despite his situation just now it’s still possible that he may get an opportunity and force his way into the first team if he has enough faith in his own ability and enough respect in rowett to feel that if that chance came and he really grabbed it with an electric performance that rowett would reward said performances ( Baird springs to mind), he may well feel his chances of the best move for him are if he stays and is part of a promotion winning squad, 

it really is up to Martin and I don’t think we can complain whatever he chooses , he’s been and continues to be a good servant to the club ,it’s clear he is knuckling down and doing the best he can to be part of our squad and rowett is treating him with the respect that deserves given that he clearly is not quite the player rowett would buy for up front 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Martin is due back from a trip to Dubai with the Rams tomorrow and is believed to have been waiting for Championship leaders Wolves to make him a concrete offer. Reading and Sunderland have already talked to him.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/15893460.Transfer_gossip__Newcastle_must_pay_more_than___20m_for_Jorgensen__Sunderland_face_Marshall_and_Martin_fight__while_Boro_wait_for_Forest_bid/?ref=mr&lp=13

Due back tomorrow? That’s a short trip isn’t it

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

And maybe in the summer it will be easier to get a transfer to a club that will be pushing for promotion when they are (possibly) no longer our rivals? Why on earth would Martin want to go to strugglers Sunderland or mid-table Reading now?

sure, and I have no problem with that, but it flies in the face with everything the manager is saying about him, plus the arrival of CJ. I would have thought he'd want to play regular football - his chances of doing that at Derby are virtually non-existent.

44 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

sure, and I have no problem with that, but it flies in the face with everything the manager is saying about him, plus the arrival of CJ. I would have thought he'd want to play regular football - his chances of doing that at Derby are virtually non-existent.

And if a promotion rival wanted him would Rowett let him go there?

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And if a promotion rival wanted him would Rowett let him go there?

My guess is he would if he believed the money produced/ saved could make us stronger for promotion , I think he really believes it’s about what we do and not others , it’s in our hands and if we are strong enough we will go up ,,, we really should not fear letting a player that has had next to no game time for us go to a rival if it enables us to strengthen even more on a team that has got us into second spot

Wasn’t the whole issue with Fulham that they wouldn’t commit beyond the loan? Maybe if Loan is the only option for Sunderland that Martin wants minimum 18 months to give him and his family more stability?

Hes playing it right, biding his time and waiting for the best option which Derby will do their best to support. This one will run a bit longer but best of luck to him. Deserves a good move.

2 hours ago, archied said:

My guess is he would if he believed the money produced/ saved could make us stronger for promotion , I think he really believes it’s about what we do and not others , it’s in our hands and if we are strong enough we will go up ,,, we really should not fear letting a player that has had next to no game time for us go to a rival if it enables us to strengthen even more on a team that has got us into second spot

Hmmmm,I really don't want to come up against a team that uses Martin to his full potential........he could rip us a new one as brum found out when we met them a few years ago when gr was their manager and Mac was ours......

Birmingham 0 derby county 4

Screenshot_2018-01-24-23-51-39.png

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hmmmm,I really don't want to come up against a team that uses Martin to his full potential........he could rip us a new one as brum found out when we met them a few years ago when gr was their manager and Mac was ours......

Birmingham 0 derby county 4

Screenshot_2018-01-24-23-51-39.png

You may be right but I’m not sure derby and rowett will be looking to move Martin with the proviso that he can only go to a team that aren’t doing any good ? Perhaps Cardiff,villa and Bristol are teams we would least prefer him to move to ,a lot depends on whether it’s a loan or sale too,,, the top two spot is the real consideration for me and not top 6 as dropping out of play off spots would be very much our own doing if it happened and if it’s a loan Martin could not play against us if we are in play offs ,

either way it’s not right to rate Martin not good enough all round to get in our team but then say he is too good to play for a rival, for me that’s wrong and if it was derby / rowett stance then Martin would have every right to adopt a perceived bad attitude at the club until he forced the right move for himself which over half a season could be more damaging to us than letting him go , for me protecting the team spirit rowett has created is more important ,, I will be disapointed if it turns out derby are prepared to force a poor move on Martin that he really doesn’t want and is bad for him, if rowett is building a promotion team then he has to have the courage of his convictions in building it

2 hours ago, archied said:

You may be right but I’m not sure derby and rowett will be looking to move Martin with the proviso that he can only go to a team that aren’t doing any good ? Perhaps Cardiff,villa and Bristol are teams we would least prefer him to move to ,a lot depends on whether it’s a loan or sale too,,, the top two spot is the real consideration for me and not top 6 as dropping out of play off spots would be very much our own doing if it happened and if it’s a loan Martin could not play against us if we are in play offs ,

either way it’s not right to rate Martin not good enough all round to get in our team but then say he is too good to play for a rival, for me that’s wrong and if it was derby / rowett stance then Martin would have every right to adopt a perceived bad attitude at the club until he forced the right move for himself which over half a season could be more damaging to us than letting him go , for me protecting the team spirit rowett has created is more important ,, I will be disapointed if it turns out derby are prepared to force a poor move on Martin that he really doesn’t want and is bad for him, if rowett is building a promotion team then he has to have the courage of his convictions in building it

Agree with that to be honest....

I think rowett will be fair to him and in any case Martin's no fool,I'm sure he will only go where he is comfortable...

Archived