Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, archied said:

You may be right but I’m not sure derby and rowett will be looking to move Martin with the proviso that he can only go to a team that aren’t doing any good ? Perhaps Cardiff,villa and Bristol are teams we would least prefer him to move to ,a lot depends on whether it’s a loan or sale too,,, the top two spot is the real consideration for me and not top 6 as dropping out of play off spots would be very much our own doing if it happened and if it’s a loan Martin could not play against us if we are in play offs ,

either way it’s not right to rate Martin not good enough all round to get in our team but then say he is too good to play for a rival, for me that’s wrong and if it was derby / rowett stance then Martin would have every right to adopt a perceived bad attitude at the club until he forced the right move for himself which over half a season could be more damaging to us than letting him go , for me protecting the team spirit rowett has created is more important ,, I will be disapointed if it turns out derby are prepared to force a poor move on Martin that he really doesn’t want and is bad for him, if rowett is building a promotion team then he has to have the courage of his convictions in building it

Archied.  Derby can't force a move as you put it on Martin .  He is on a contract for another two and a half years He holds all the cards its up to him what he does You could say by not playing him you are forcing his hand but I don't see it that way The only way to get him out would be that he doesn't suffer financially and that would be very costly 

11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hmmmm,I really don't want to come up against a team that uses Martin to his full potential........he could rip us a new one as brum found out when we met them a few years ago when gr was their manager and Mac was ours......

Birmingham 0 derby county 4

Screenshot_2018-01-24-23-51-39.png

More drivel to try to undermine Rowett / talk-up Martin.

2015 :lol:

0-3 vs Brum 12 days ago not quite good enough for you, and your agenda. 

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

Cottagers in my office  are saying they have made an offer for CM

Saw that on the Sunderland forums, bizarrely.

He has stated he still has mates in the club and despite reports to the contrary,got on well there.

But it would mean uprooting  the family from Derby.

We will have to see whether wolves go for him too as I'd suspect that would be his preference?

13 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Cottagers in my office  are saying they have made an offer for CM

Martin Deal U Turn

The on going saga of the transfer destination of Rams striker Chris Martin has thrown up a surprise and he could well be heading for promotion rivals Fulham

http://www.footymad.com/derby-county/news/tmnw/martin_deal_u_turn_914552/index.shtml

If I was a manger chasing promotion in this league id jump at the chance of signing CM on loan.  Player who has proven he can score at this level, and given the chance could take you to the PL with his goals.  Would be foolish imo to let him goto a rivial.

6 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Massive gamble to sell to Fulham ,I went to the away game and thought at the time if they had a decent striker they would be a different proposition .They are doing alright now with the addition of CM it just may cost us our desired finish.

For Fulham to overtake Derby, even with Chris Martin in situ. It would take a collapse from us. For them to get 2 nd it would take a collapse from quite a few teams. If he’s got to go, I don’t think it’s fair to stop him getting the best move for him and his family. Can’t expect him to move to Sunderland just to avoid strengthening a team pushing for play offs

8 minutes ago, Doodle said:

For Fulham to overtake Derby, even with Chris Martin in situ. It would take a collapse from us. For them to get 2 nd it would take a collapse from quite a few teams. If he’s got to go, I don’t think it’s fair to stop him getting the best move for him and his family. Can’t expect him to move to Sunderland just to avoid strengthening a team pushing for play offs

Whilst I agree on the best for CM If you think fulham can't catch us take a look at the current form table they have taken four more points than us .We really haven't had a wobble for a while and I expect us to have one albeit minor, before the end of the season .

They could catch us have no doubt about that .

Archived