Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

12 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Watched him after he came on today - and you see it in the highlights too - right after he releases the ball, he just stands, plants himself and doesn’t move an inch. Then acts like the world ended cuz we didn’t score. Kinda shocking.

Chris, you aren’t going to cut it in this work-like-maniacs side by voluntarily being totally static. Pass and move man, pass and move!

Sometimes it is better just to stand still and allow space to open around you quite often a goalscorer will just stay in the same space and everyone wonders how he got there.

If you watch Vydra, Huddlestone ,Thorne they often just lay a ball of then hold the same space to receive a return pass there are many different ways of playing and creating space.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Sometimes it is better just to stand still and allow space to open around you quite often a goalscorer will just stay in the same space and everyone wonders how he got there.

If you watch Vydra, Huddlestone ,Thorne they often just lay a ball of then hold the same space to receive a return pass there are many different ways of playing and creating space.

I thought he did well actually but he has to cut out the static stuff regardless of his reputation as a flicker. Rowett no like

25 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

You're lion, you love him really.

Perhaps. Actually I did think he contributed today and I’d keep him as an option if not for the ridiculous wage versus what we’d get for him. He’s simply not playing enough to warrant keeping. Contrast to Nugents impact off the bench for example, who was like bottled lightning.

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Perhaps. Actually I did think he contributed today and I’d keep him as an option if not for the ridiculous wage versus what we’d get for him. He’s simply not playing enough to warrant keeping. Contrast to Nugents impact off the bench for example, who was like bottled lightning.

True to form, a barbed and back handed compliment for CM there. Let the obsession go for one night and enjoy todays result. 

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

True to form, a barbed and back handed compliment for CM there. Let the obsession go for one night and enjoy todays result. 

Take it while you can get it. He did well today for his 5 minutes. Conceded. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Respect ?? Thought I had more chance of winning tonights lottery than seeing you write those words.

Thanks ... he showed quality but the only thing that I think he did that Rowett prob didn’t like was the post pass static thing. It just doesn’t mesh with the constant movement of the other forward players post ball release. It’s in his locker but I think we are seeing the body language of a man who is supportive but who is on his way out. 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Thanks ... he showed quality but the only thing that I think he did that Rowett prob didn’t like was the post pass static thing. It just doesn’t mesh with the constant movement of the other forward players post ball release. It’s in his locker but I think we are seeing the body language of a man who is supportive but who is on his way out. 

Sadly I think you're right about his days being numbered. Frustrating as it is for him I think he realises his only way back into the side is if we have some injuries up top. On that basis it's hardly surprising that you're getting the vibe that his body language ain't quite right although I haven't seen that myself.

9 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I disagree in the same respect that Vydra was ineffective in McClarens 433 system, CM is less effective in Rowetts system.Put CM in a system that suits his style of play and he'll no doubt be effective. It's looking unlikely we'll see the best him again whilst GR remains at the helm.

I take your point completely, and I think it sums up the whole CM debate in a nutshell. On one side people who think the right system will bring back the best in him and those like me, who think that won't happen again. It's all opinion and preference. From my point of view I suppose he's the type of player who really pees me off when things aren't going well because he contributes very little in that situation and the whole team suffers. If you sub him then, you have to change  everything. Unless, let's say, Russell or vydra who may not be playing well but will partially make up for it by busting a gut effort wise and can be subbed without changing your whole game plan.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Where was he to move to? If he went in the centre he would have taken Huddlestone's space and got in his way.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

I'm sure you're right that he represents fairly poor value for money at present. 

But if we can all agree that.....

A) his contract isn't his fault. Or Gary rowetts. 

B) he has not evidenced any poor attitude and Gary seems happy to keep picking him in the matchday 18

C) he does possess some useful attributes that probably explain B) and has put in some useful performances - even if for 10-15 mins 

D) he isn't blocking anyone who is demonstrably better from the first Xi

E) he has performed well in recent years. 

Then I'm sure whatever the outcome for Chris Martin we can all remain appreciative and friends with each other :wub:

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Where was he to move to? If he went in the centre he would have taken Huddlestone's space and got in his way.

No answer to this then @Ninos? Just the ? reaction? Come on, this is your chance, open my eyes, what am I missing? 

Let's face it, GR looked at the squad from March to May and knew who had to stay and who had to go. He is now facing his fringe players with adilema

1. If you want to stay then fine but you must work really hard and follow instructions

2. If you want to take up an offer from another club then fine, we wish you well and I know who i will replace you with.

Cannot be fairer than that.

7 hours ago, Rampage said:

Let's face it, GR looked at the squad from March to May and knew who had to stay and who had to go. He is now facing his fringe players with adilema

1. If you want to stay then fine but you must work really hard and follow instructions

2. If you want to take up an offer from another club then fine, we wish you well and I know who i will replace you with.

Cannot be fairer than that.

Exactly !

21 hours ago, Cool As Custard said:

Funny how 2 people can interpret the same thing very differently

If he was doing then he deserved to be bombed out - whatever the rights or wrong you cant dictate to your manager. If this is true then he left Pearson no choice -First example of bad attitude.

More fool him - if it was all so good at Fulham then he should have stayed. He didnt have to throw it all away & behave as he did. Another example of poor attitude & behaviour.

Couldn’t disagree more - he has brought all this on himself & if he is choosing to behave like this now it’s just another example of what has got him into this situation in the first place.

Ultimately which ever way you look at it he needs to move on & we need to move him on if this is how he behaving. He had a good couple of years but the world moves on - we don’t need him anymore & he doesn’t need us. He’s done very well & earned a lot of money out of Derby - we don’t owe him anything, this is professional football. He should now respect that & behave accordingly as he manages his exit from the club. 

and then there were 3...

11 hours ago, Ninos said:

Why should we take seriously anything you say about Martin  - too much bilious crap posted and lack of insight

9 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Why should we take seriously anything you say about Martin  - too much bilious crap posted and lack of insight

Whatever. Don’t believe me believe your eyes once you decide to open them.

It’s pointless saying anything back to a wannabe spokesperson for Steve McClaren and his prize pony. I’m not living in 2013 like you and am 100% behind modern tactical dominant football featuring Rowett and his thoroughbred, Vydra. 

Archived