Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

33 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Interesting...

Also - Vydra is a number 10 - Rowett keeps quoting him as being the best number 10 in the league - Martin is a number 9 - This proves you don't know what you're talking about - They don't play the same position

lol. Nice to see you again.

You really think I didn’t know that? Really? I’ve referenced Rowett referring to him as the best 10 multiple times. I know where and how Martin plays. You need to pay better attention if you want to obsess over me 

Point was that plumduff Mac built his team around Martin and Rowett is building our attacking play through Vyds and the Czech is becoming the total package of a 10. 

Feel better? 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Point was that plumduff Mac built his team around Martin and Rowett is building our attacking play through Vyds and the Czech is becoming the total package of a 10. 

Mac1 built his team around his best/most influential players, Bryson and Martin. Mac2 didn't have the players to build around Vydra, and Martin wasn't here, so he tried his best to get the most out of the players that were, mainly Ince. Mac never had a straight choice between building a team around Martin or Vydra, hell he didn't even have a chance to build it around Vydra.

You could argue that one of the most important pieces to setting Vydra up in this system is here because of Mac. In fact most of the players you have creamed yourself over have been players that Mac brought in - Thorne, Christie, Nugent.

Any answer to the question I asked the other day about what position Martin should have took up when Huddlestone missed? Or were you wuming and trying to score yourself an internet point?

Has he gone yet?

saw Rangers signed Martin *woot ... then saw it was the Norwich skipper * sigh

We are taking too long shifting this guy ... and Bent and Anya.

Reason ? prob a lot of loan offers in -Reading Fulham Sunderland ? and we are preferring the perm which hasn’t come ... so best loan offer gets him ? Ain’t that what Nixon said too ?

Come on get on your phone, Gary! Times a tickin!

Just now, Ninos said:

Has he gone yet?

saw Rangers signed Martin *woot ... then saw it was the Norwich skipper * sigh

We are taking too long shifting this guy ... and Bent and Anya.

Reason ? prob a lot of loan offers in -Reading Fulham Sunderland ? and we are preferring the perm which hasn’t come ... so best loan offer gets him ? Ain’t that what Nixon said too ?

Come on get on your phone, Gary! Times a tickin!

I dont think hes leaving tbh.

No comment on whether I want him to or not, but he's still being involved. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Mac1 built his team around his best/most influential players, Bryson and Martin. Mac2 didn't have the players to build around Vydra, and Martin wasn't here, so he tried his best to get the most out of the players that were, mainly Ince. Mac never had a straight choice between building a team around Martin or Vydra, hell he didn't even have a chance to build it around Vydra.

You could argue that one of the most important pieces to setting Vydra up in this system is here because of Mac. In fact most of the players you have creamed yourself over have been players that Mac brought in - Thorne, Christie, Nugent.

Any answer to the question I asked the other day about what position Martin should have took up when Huddlestone missed? Or were you wuming and trying to score yourself an internet point?

It was obvious. We need to sit over a beer and analyze it and it’s far more basic and more obvious than the MOTD failed movement breakdowns.  He should have made a lateral run to the inside and then Hudds could have tapped the ball through rather than Hudds - our worst finisher lol - having to do it all himself. It’s typical he makes his one flick and it’s all she wrote - he assumes the role of statue: and my point is that it’s apparebt that it’s this static stuff that is antithetical to what Rowett wants ... he wants players who pass and move.

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

Don’t get me started on Mac and Vydra - Mac had players he didn’t like and Vydra was one - stuck him out on the wing and then on the bench to rot. Clueless. To give Mac any credit for the rise of Vydra is utterly twisted.

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Sometimes you have to stop or stand still to create space for yourself. You heard it here first ?

In the position he finally found himself - he was extremely unlikely to be involved again: this is part of the reason he doesn’t score goals - because to score you have to quickly move to goalscoring positions. Being too slow to get there is one thing, not being bothered to move there is quite another

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

It was obvious. We need to sit over a beer and analyze it and it’s far more basic and more obvious than the MOTD failed movement breakdowns.  He should have made a lateral run to the inside and then Hudds could have tapped the ball through rather than Hudds - our worst finisher lol - having to do it all himself. It’s typical he makes his one flick and it’s all she wrote - he assumes the role of statue: and my point is that it’s apparebt that it’s this static stuff that is antithetical to what Rowett wants ... he wants players who pass and move.

Huddlestone's take on it.

He told the media after the win at St Andrew’s: “I saw a big gap in front of me and I felt it was a simple shot for me.

“I just didn’t catch it properly and, you know, in training they probably go in for me nine times out of ten, with either foot!

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/01/huddlestone-admits-he-should-have-his-first-derby-goal

I have watched it a number of times, and there is no way he should move inside, he moves inside and he takes Huddlestone's space.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Huddlestone's take on it.

I have watched it a number of times, and there is no way he should move inside, he moves inside and he takes Huddlestone's space.

If that’s Vydra he would have pointed as he passed moved into the gap and scored the goal ... Hudds play was brilliant to get himself into the goalscoring position but had Martin aniticipated and made the run and Hudds just tapped it through, it’s a goal for Martin. 

10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Don’t get me started on Mac and Vydra - Mac had players he didn’t like and Vydra was one - stuck him out on the wing and then on the bench to rot. Clueless. To give Mac any credit for the rise of Vydra is utterly twisted.

Vydra didn't have the best of times as a striker in 4-3-3, Mac actually started Vyds in his first 3 games in charge and it wasn't working. Vyds asked to be played left wing, so Mac gave him a go there. He also started Mac's last 3 games.

Rowett also didn't start him in every game, played 5 out of 9 games at the end of the season.

Just now, rynny said:

Vydra didn't have the best of times as a striker in 4-3-3, Mac actually started Vyds in his first 3 games in charge and it wasn't working. Vyds asked to be played left wing, so Mac gave him a go there. He also started Mac's last 3 games.

Rowett also didn't start him in every game, played 5 out of 9 games at the end of the season.

Dress it up however you like, Rynny. Vydra is a supersonic player. If you can’t find it in the player or you stifle it you’re a poor manager. Full stop.

17 minutes ago, Ninos said:

If that’s Vydra he would have pointed as he passed moved into the gap and scored the goal ... Hudds play was brilliant to get himself into the goalscoring position but had Martin aniticipated and made the run and Hudds just tapped it through, it’s a goal for Martin. 

We will have to agree to disagree.

15 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Dress it up however you like, Rynny. Vydra is a supersonic player. If you can’t find it in the player or you stifle it you’re a poor manager. Full stop.

Vyds didn't fit in with the rest of the team set up last season. He does this. Last season at times he was shoe horned into a role that wasn't great for him and he struggled, I do wish Mac gave him more of a chance starting upfront, but how can you argue when we won 8 games on the bounce, or whatever it was.

I think you are mistaking my like for Martin as a negative on Vyds, couldn't be further from the truth, go have a look at the threads from last season, always liked him, even when he was at Watford. 

Archived