Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Seeing as GR doesn't think Martin would strengthen us, it's possible he's unconcerned about him strengthening others around us.

Just a thought.

Powerful insights revel ... where do you come up with this deep space stuff lol? You’re a legend on this forum man you truly are.

Reality is of course he knows he can contribute / strengthen us, its just too minimal and it’s at the cost of carrying a part time role player on excessive wages ... and of course he’s concerned where he goes which is why Dorsett is reporting that we are balking at Cardiff taking him. As you were.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin leaving will be about Rowett being fair to him and allowing him to play football. He deserves that as a minimum for what’s he’s done for us. Personally I’d hope we can sell him or at least get a water tight promise of a decent fee in the summer that enables us to strengthen elsewhere rather than just a loan. I’m nervous about him going to a promotion rival, Cardiff however I think he’d potentially struggle to get games ahead of Zohore, Leeds he would make more of an impact. But it’s all about us, if Vyds continues scoring as he is and we continue to defend well, we’ll rack up enough points to not bother about Cardiff or Leeds!

Just now, Whoneedshuls said:

Surely we wont be daft enough to send him too Leeds there due a decent run and have the players capable of making the playoffs sending Martin their will only aid a playoff push...

Perhaps. But this assuming he’s gonna do well as opposed to doing what Butterfield did. There’s no reason to suggest he will actually perform well given his recent showings, or even start, there. Leeds is a good choice I think. They are nothing special. Neither are Cardiff for that matter. We need him out on a perm really

27 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Powerful insights revel ... where do you come up with this deep space stuff lol? You’re a legend on this forum man you truly are.

Reality is of course he knows he can contribute / strengthen us, its just too minimal and it’s at the cost of carrying a part time role player on excessive wages ... and of course he’s concerned where he goes which is why Dorsett is reporting that we are balking at Cardiff taking him. As you were.

You're too kind, I can only dream of reaching your level.

21 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Perhaps. But this assuming he’s gonna do well as opposed to doing what Butterfield did. There’s no reason to suggest he will actually perform well given his recent showings, or even start, there. Leeds is a good choice I think. They are nothing special. Neither are Cardiff for that matter. We need him out on a perm really

Pretty much the point, if he isn't good enough for us why would the impact makes elsewhere matter?

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Pretty much the point, if he isn't good enough for us why would the impact makes elsewhere matter?

Because other teams will play a formation that suits him. Chris Martin hasn't suddenly turned in to a bad player. Like at Fulham, he is very capable and will do a decent job. I will be sorry to see him go.....

We would have to be simple to send Chris Martin on loan to either Cardiff or Leeds. And even more so to buy Jerome to replace him.

Both Cardiff and Leeds must see him as the striker to aid their promotion push towards the £100m a year Premier League. If that's what they think (and I understand why and many of us think the same) let them fork out at least a tenth of that amount for him. Then it's fair enough. But without a massive fee it's better for Derby's chances of promotion to simply send Martin off on gardening leave until the end of the season than let him play for a rival.

If Rowett wants to be fair to Martin and let him go somewhere to play every week, even if it is to be on loan, then Reading were reported to be interested and that would have to be it. There he can take points off our rivals.

I would not be at all surprised if the only deal which happens between now and the end of the transfer window is loan deals for Bent and Shackell.

If Martin shows the desire to stay and fight for his place (which he might given our league position), I'm sure Rowett will let him.

I think he could play in the Vydra 'hole' behind Nugent or Winnall should anything happen to our golden boy.

Even in the 15 mins or so he was on last Saturday one touch created the space for Nugent.

Good idea send them to someone (i.e.middle of table team) who we've already played

This would benefit us thus:

1. Let Martin and Bent mess up our competitions chances.

2. Give them some game time,

3. We reduce our wages (by collecting a loan fee or not having to pay a percentage of their wages) to accommodate/pay for any possible incomings. 

Win, win for everyone,  

He's been a good servant but not quite good enough to get us into the Premier League. Good luck to him wherever he goes?

But I agree with others on here that Leeds and Cardiff are promotion rivals and we shouldn't be selling either of them a striker of Chris Martins ability!!

45 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yawn Yawn Yawn   ....... broken record

23 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It’s just psychological kiddy stuff: You can’t have my toy even though it’s tucked away in the wardrobe and I never use it 

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

We would have to be simple to send Chris Martin on loan to either Cardiff or Leeds. And even more so to buy Jerome to replace him.

Both Cardiff and Leeds must see him as the striker to aid their promotion push towards the £100m a year Premier League. If that's what they think (and I understand why and many of us think the same) let them fork out at least a tenth of that amount for him. Then it's fair enough. But without a massive fee it's better for Derby's chances of promotion to simply send Martin off on gardening leave until the end of the season than let him play for a rival.

If Rowett wants to be fair to Martin and let him go somewhere to play every week, even if it is to be on loan, then Reading were reported to be interested and that would have to be it. There he can take points off our rivals.

This is about what I could stomach on a loan, but why the rush surley move out shackell and Anya first ( even now I am thinking we may as well hang onto Bent ) 

22 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Agree 100% with this, loaning him out to a promotional rival would be suicide.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Because other teams will play a formation that suits him. Chris Martin hasn't suddenly turned in to a bad player. Like at Fulham, he is very capable and will do a decent job. I will be sorry to see him go.....

That was a direct reply to a poster who's consistently maintained Martin is useless, even when he was contributing more than any other Derby forward since Sturridge, rather than my feelings on the talents or otherwise of Chris Martin.

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

tenor-2.gif.52be9aca29a3d58917df2dde5cd67232.gif

Given the Cameron J news ... writing is firmly on the wall so ...

Martinites, please join me and the truth (hurts) tellers in wishing Chris Martin well in his future endeavours at whichever club he goes to. Bye pal ... I had a soft spot for you I really did. 

CM family settled in Derby according to interview he did at beginning of season.  They didn't move to Fulham when he did.  So his preference will be to stay local. 

A horrible thought just crossed my mind....CM in red...

Already said in the Jerome thread that loaning Martin to Cardiff is a no no for me but loaning him to Leeds doesn’t concern me because at this stage being ousted by Leeds and losing a play off spot to them and the others below us would be about us being total rubbish for second half of the season not about Martin being a miracle worker for Leeds ,,,, it’s all about chasing autos and if we fail and drop into play offs and Leeds get in them too Martin can’t play against us , in the mean time if he is great for them could he help take points off Cardiff ,Bristol and Villa for us? 

No a loan to Leeds is not so daft as first appears ,,, Cardiff on the other hand would be daft

Archived