Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I would normally agree, but after everything I said and thought in the summer and early months of this season about Rowett and the current squad, and where we find ourselves in the table now, what I'm finding out is that the only thing I know about football is how little I know about football. 

Or perhaps we just don’t know as much as Rowett does.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I would normally agree, but after everything I said and thought in the summer and early months of this season about Rowett and the current squad, and where we find ourselves in the table now, what I'm finding out is that the only thing I know about football is how little I know about football. 

That's exactly how I feel. The more I know, the less I know. I suppose with alot of people with football, including myself, I don't know what I don't know. 

If that makes any sense!!! 

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

If Rowett wants him he must be right for what he wants him for  Tell me a signing he's got wrong  Its really doesn't matter if you or me or anyone else doesn't rate Jerome its what the manager and his staff decide 

Tried to sign David Davies and Kief chap from Birmingham for £1.5 million and £300,000 respectively I would say fortunately they turned down the first one and the second one fate intervened instead we picked up ledley for nothing 

2 hours ago, Duracell said:

Personally I thought we would finish top four before a ball was kicked based on the squad we had and the belief that Rowett would get us playing as a team and not trying to have a system where we had to play to suit tom Ince and fit individuals in around that one player ( yes he was a good player but also a handicap if you know what I mean)

I am not one wanting to see Martin leave but surely we can wait to see if stoke actually give a manager a job and the ever decreasing pool for them includes the Mac man  now if they do well they need a centre forward don’t they and we would get some proper money 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I am not one wanting to see Martin leave but surely we can wait to see if stoke actually give a manager a job and the ever decreasing pool for them includes the Mac man  now if they do well they need a centre forward don’t they and we would get some proper money 

No Sparkle they need a Premiership centre forward there is a difference 

14 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

No Sparkle they need a Premiership centre forward there is a difference 

Actually this might be a good fit.  Lambert knows Martin’s qualities (l think) from his Norwich days, and he was apparently interested in him at Wolves.

Whilst I would agree until today that Martin would not be of any interest to a Premiership team, that might have just changed. And to be fair to Martin, if they play to his strengths he might do them a job like Walters used to do. Sound footballer Martin, if the system fits for him.

43 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Actually this might be a good fit.  Lambert knows Martin’s qualities (l think) from his Norwich days, and he was apparently interested in him at Wolves.

Whilst I would agree until today that Martin would not be of any interest to a Premiership team, that might have just changed. And to be fair to Martin, if they play to his strengths he might do them a job like Walters used to do. Sound footballer Martin, if the system fits for him.

quite a risk for lambert buying a champ player who cant even get a start.  Stokies would go mad wouldn't they?

agree that this could work for them but......

30 minutes ago, Spanish said:

quite a risk for lambert buying a champ player who cant even get a start.  Stokies would go mad wouldn't they?

agree that this could work for them but......

Could you imagine their forum if they couldn’t get rowett but got Chris Martin our on the bench striking option instead? Biggest melt down since the brinks mat job I reckon

I think Martin would do a great job for Stoke.

Having Shaqiri buzzing around him would certainly suit his game.

I still maintain that he's a striker of quality - he just doesn't suit the way that Gary plays. 

I'd love to keep him as an option, but if someone is keen to offer plenty of cash and we have a replacement in mind I wouldn't be devastated. 

On 1/14/2018 at 09:04, Ninos said:

Whatever. Don’t believe me believe your eyes once you decide to open them.

It’s pointless saying anything back to a wannabe spokesperson for Steve McClaren and his prize pony. I’m not living in 2013 like you and am 100% behind modern tactical dominant football featuring Rowett and his thoroughbred, Vydra. 

Interesting...

Also - Vydra is a number 10 - Rowett keeps quoting him as being the best number 10 in the league - Martin is a number 9 - This proves you don't know what you're talking about - They don't play the same position

20 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Were not seriously thinking Stoke would sign CM ???

I am under the impression some people here have been eating hallucinogenic champignons.

Although Lee Grant has also ended in Stoke, everything is possible. God moves in a mysterious way.

Archived