Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, archied said:

Already said in the Jerome thread that loaning Martin to Cardiff is a no no for me but loaning him to Leeds doesn’t concern me because at this stage being ousted by Leeds and losing a play off spot to them and the others below us would be about us being total rubbish for second half of the season not about Martin being a miracle worker for Leeds ,,,, it’s all about chasing autos and if we fail and drop into play offs and Leeds get in them too Martin can’t play against us , in the mean time if he is great for them could he help take points off Cardiff ,Bristol and Villa for us? 

No a loan to Leeds is not so daft as first appears ,,, Cardiff on the other hand would be daft

Yes Martin and Bryson work together well... dont want to see them together at Cardiff.

39 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Given the Cameron J news ... writing is firmly on the wall so ...

Martinites, please join me and the truth (hurts) tellers in wishing Chris Martin well in his future endeavours at whichever club he goes to. Bye pal ... I had a soft spot for you I really did. 

You were deffo bullied at school weren’t you?

48 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Given the Cameron J news ... writing is firmly on the wall so ...

Martinites, please join me and the truth (hurts) tellers in wishing Chris Martin well in his future endeavours at whichever club he goes to. Bye pal ... I had a soft spot for you I really did. 

Just imagine if it is Winnall going back to Sheff Weds :lol:

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What a tiresome,dull,ungracious item you are ninos....

oxFDq4E9CHb7W.gif

So Im an “item” - that’s kinda sexy.:wub:

But I thought you’d blocked me Ding Dong ... were you fibbing all along so you could keep me close and keep checking in with the truths on Martin? 

Rowett is so confident that i would be only slightly surprised if he let Martin go to Cardiff. Martin will want to go to a club that can reach the Premiership at some point. Why leave Derby and go to a club that will not reach the Premiership unless it is for a load of money. It is only 19 more games until the end of the season.

The days of bullying Derby County will totally end when Jerome gets here. Him and Winnall in the last thirty minutes against any side pressing for a draw or a winning goal is asking for trouble when the ball is booted up field by us.

Us getting a late equaliser or winner will be seriously increased with Jerome and Winnall causing havoc in the box against defenders used to out muscling attackers.

How different is our team now from what Pearson was aiming at? Would he have shipped the same players out?

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Rowett is so confident that i would be only slightly surprised if he let Martin go to Cardiff. Martin will want to go to a club that can reach the Premiership at some point. Why leave Derby and go to a club that will not reach the Premiership unless it is for a load of money. It is only 19 more games until the end of the season.

The days of bullying Derby County will totally end when Jerome gets here. Him and Winnall in the last thirty minutes against any side pressing for a draw or a winning goal is asking for trouble when the ball is booted up field by us.

Us getting a late equaliser or winner will be seriously increased with Jerome and Winnall causing havoc in the box against defenders used to out muscling attackers.

How different is our team now from what Pearson was aiming at? Would he have shipped the same players out?

I disagree. Martin isn’t stupid - he knows he will never cut it as a PL player. Not one PL club has ever been interested - even Mac at Newcastle knew he wasn’t good enough. He’s on big bucks here so there’s no going anywhere for loads of money: it’ll be a salary match so it’s gonna be close to impossible to move him perm unless we basically make him a free transfer and he gets guaranteed time at the other end. He don’t have to go anywhere if he doesn’t want to and he doesn’t strike me as ambitious.

the rest of what you say I agree with and yes I think Pearson had similar ideas but was tactically inept .

20 minutes ago, Rampage said:

They strike me as being very similar,management wise.... strong defence and play on the counter.....

not my cup of tea by any means,I prefer quick passing, intelligent and building from the back football but nonetheless effective and I'm sure,given time,it would have developed into what rowett plays now.

So,yes I would have expected Pearson to have made the same sales as rowett has but he wasn't given the time to fully develop his vision of Derby.

"Clubs have asked about him - but I have had no firm offer for him," Rowett said last Friday.

And hopefully today and tomorrow and the next day and the rest of January loads of clubs would rather buy Shackell, Anya and Bent instead.

I did say quite a few times on here in previous seasons that we wouldn't get promoted until we had sold Ince and Bent, so come on all you wonderful football clubs, come and buy the wonderful Darren Bent instead and he can show you his wonderful trainer collection, you'll love them.

Or we could just throw all Darren Bent's trainers at Ninos instead!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38755777

@Ninos right.... I've read your constant slating of one of the best strikers outside the premiership..... (this isn't a personal dig at you) however your behaviour and actions

1) represent someone who seems to have not played football at a half decent level to make constant unfounded comments without backing it up with a genuine alternative argument about a technically astute player at this level

2) make me think that you was deeply in love with a bird and Martin took her off you and left you crying into a pint.

28 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

@Ninos right.... I've read your constant slating of one of the best strikers outside the premiership..... (this isn't a personal dig at you) however your behaviour and actions

1) represent someone who seems to have not played football at a half decent level to make constant unfounded comments without backing it up with a genuine alternative argument about a technically astute player at this level

2) make me think that you was deeply in love with a bird and Martin took her off you and left you crying into a pint.

lol ...

1. You’re way way way off - if I told you you’d be shocked but I ain’t tellin lol - but do you think Jürgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola, or even GR truly rate Chris Martin? Or Are they all ignorant too ? 

2 is just feeble - typical of Martinite attacks on here ... it’s my wife my girlfriend or my daughter - bla bla bla heard it all before on here. Zzzz

Reality is your static non goalscoring idol  is gone soon. Better deal with it

14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

lol ...

1. You’re way way way off - if I told you you’d be shocked but I ain’t tellin lol - but do you think Jürgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola, or even GR truly rate Chris Martin? Or Are they all ignorant too ? 

2 is just feeble - typical of Martinite attacks on here ... it’s my wife my girlfriend or my daughter - bla bla bla heard it all before on here. Zzzz

Reality is your static non goalscoring idol  is gone soon. Better deal with it

So sad that you can't see the true talent that is martin...I love vydra too but he's a 10 not a 9 and Martin is the full package if the team is set around him(which it should be)

We would have been promoted in the 2015 if he hadn't have been injured...he truly was our lynchpin.

Unfortunately ninos,you fall into the trap of mistaking running  around a lot for actual talent and skill in the ball.....

Hopefully vydra will match chrissies best season in terms of goals but don't forget that Chrissie didn't just score his 25 goals,he supplied bryson,Russell and Ward too...something that matte,despite his obvious talent,isn't yet capable of.

Watch,if you dare pinos and learn something....vydra's you tube video isn't quite ready yet.

Archived