Aston Villa v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's not just that,Martin is just part of the system that suits the 443...there,will be a,lot of other changes ahead too to bring it back online

Bris rightly points out that we are poorer without him,which is correct

We are truly phooked when he eventually retires

55 minutes ago, Spanish said:

We are truly phooked when he eventually retires

Lol...We certainly need another hold up striker in his mould and have done for three years.....We need a younger version to be coming through to replace him and provide cover on the meantime so the team doesn't fall to pieces when they aren't available......Can't be that difficult,can it???

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Also, for their goal, why are Pearce and Keogh on the penalty spot, standing still? Who is marking their tallest and best headerer of a ball who scored? Bloody basics. Then Keogh is waving his hands in the air, do your job man, why do we keep conceding from set pieces!!!! 

Keogh and Pearce are marking Baker and Jedinak who are bigger than Chester and good in the air.

15 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Keogh and Pearce marked nobody from that corner. Look at the space. They shouldn't be standing still

Villa have been clever. They know only Keogh and Pearce are likely to win their headers so Jedinak has stayed 14 yards out (Keogh 12yds out marking him) and Baker has stayed beyond the back post (Pearce at the back post marking him). This left Christie and Bent marking Kodija and Chester. 

Christie lost one header and Bent was asleep.

You could argue that McClaren should get Keogh and Pearce to mark the 6 yard line as a zone but that would mean opposition players having the run on them. 

Had to have 2 sleeps on this one. Had to remind myself that we contrived to lose this game.

Villa played like Burton, but actually had some threat on the counter.

Perfect demonstration of why Bent hurts this team overall, in this setup. It was like playing with 10 for most of it, until, once again, playing 4-2-3-1 allowed a link between Nugent and the aforementioned.

Some baffling decisions from the ref. Can't understand the reasoning behind the penalty incident. It's either a penalty because the defender didn't get the ball, or corner if its an excellent challenge. And what on earth was that free kick for? Sure I saw the linesman flagging for offside on the halfway line (wtf) and then the kick was taken 10 yards in our half? Anyone? Ince booked for theatrically placing the ball down, then not a sausage for Hughes being cleaned out on the edge of the penalty area. 

Thought Bennett affected the game, not enough granted, but still. Why not give him the chance? Nobody else is producing anything down that left hand side. Surprised it was Butterfield that went off though. Didn't need De Sart in there. Nugent impressing me if just for his attitude and work rate, first to applaud the fans. Little wonder he's been so popular at the clubs he's been at. How long before he starts a game?

A better performance than the last few, for sure. But still next to no magic or intelligence in the final third. Desperate, hopeful crosses easily dealt with. Even when Hughes pulls out a good ball over the top to Bent, he's not awake to it.

4 very much winnable games there. 2 points. It's making Tuesday night a must win. Not just to keep any faint hope for the top 6 alive, but to get some confidence and belief back into the players. And the fans.

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 16:32, DcFc Dyycheee said:

What a boring performance again. Villa are a poor side and we haven't even had a shot have we?

It wasn't boring performance, it was much better than previous weeks. 

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 16:34, Topram said:

Russell poor again nice chap poor footballer

I take it you wasn't there at Villa Park? Same old **** as per usual from you and it's getting boring. Russell been brilliant on Saturday. 

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 16:36, 86 points said:

Are you watching a different game mate? Please tell me that completely idiotic statement is not based on you listening to a commentary. He's had Hutton on toast all afternoon.

Correct. 

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 16:37, YorkshireRam said:

Everyone seems to disagree with you on that front... lot of people saying he's had his best game for a while?

Yes that's right and hopefully he'll continue this next game. 

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 16:53, 86 points said:

Bacuna off for verbals! Bit late for the ref to grow a pair

Bacuna was so stupid for that incident with the lineman, credit to the lineman that stayed calm. 

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 16:57, Andrew James said:

Well done Derby, Villa 5 straight defeats and it was always going to be a a defeat as SM said Bruce will get it right !! Well SM you are starting to get it wrong.. What an earth is going on, wasted around 25million of crap players and still have Bent !! 

You do realise that Bent is our top 2 goal scorer?

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 17:07, Andrew James said:

17 points behind Huddersfield, that huge club who share it with Rugby !! What an amazing job that club has done, we get 30,000 some fancy training ground, the state of the art woven pitch (first of its kind) and 1 at Moor Farm, so we can get our stars to do slick passing - and we pick up 2 points in 12 and you get a sick feeling looking at the league table. 

What does 30,000 got to with it? 

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 17:14, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Much better today. Players gave everything. Good second half, just lacked the goal threat. Nugent to start next week please. 

Yes final third let us down tbf. 

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 18:09, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Second stonewaller not given in a week. When your luck isn't there...

100% penalty. Unbelievable. 

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 18:37, TomInceOnFire said:

How did Bennett do?

Did alright and was MUCH better than he was 2 years ago. ?

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

It wasn't boring performance, it was much better than previous weeks. 

I take it you wasn't there at Villa Park? Same old **** as per usual from you and it's getting boring. Russell been brilliant on Saturday. 

Correct. 

Yes that's right and hopefully he'll continue this next game. 

Bacuna was so stupid for that incident with the lineman, credit to the lineman that stayed calm. 

You do realise that Bent is our top 2 goal scorer?

What does 30,000 got to with it? 

Yes final third let us down tbf. 

100% penalty. Unbelievable. 

Did alright and was MUCH better than he was 2 years ago. ?

Was waiting for you, how much does Russell pay you? Your blinded by 13/14 season from him, you can't face the facts! I'm boring? Your the one that has to comment on everything thinking your right! Let me have my opinion which plenty share and shut up.

Just now, Topram said:

Was waiting for you, how much does Russell pay you? Your blinded by 13/14 season from him, you can't face the facts! I'm boring? Your the one that has to comment on everything thinking your right! Let me have my opinion which plenty share and shut up.

You still haven't answer my question.. I didn't say you're boring.. Read it again and it said it's getting BORING NOT YOU ARE BORING. Don't tell me to shut up whereas you said Russell was poor on saturday which is incorrect.. 

Archived