The Reality

Pearson

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, but who would you have dropped? But BJ on Shelvey from the beginning would perhaps have had as much effect, really seemed to wind him up! #hindsightisgreat

yes thought johnson was emense in the second half when he moved forward he put shelvey out of it, realy disapointed to lose after playing so well

19 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Regarding recruitment, there are three points that I'd make.

Firstly, unless there is an obvious opportunity to improve the team, buying in the January feeding frenzy is rarely a good idea.

Secondly, even if S.M. had wanted to buy, he would have been somewhat hamstrung in the market due to the vast sums squandered by Pearson.

Finally, The players that arrived in January, We've hardly seen them yet, how can you say they  have failed?

Any manager worth his salt will always take the opportunity to improve his squad whenever possible. One example, and if it were me, I’d have been down to the Pirelli Stadium and signed Jackson Irvine the moment the transfer window opened. On Burton’s resources he would have been well within our budget and he is head and shoulders above any of our mid-fielders. Just my opinion of course!

13 hours ago, SIWY said:

I think I understand the point you're trying to make that we need to be beating top 10 sides consistently to show real progress and be considered promotion candidates, but we aren't even doing that badly against the top 10 sides!

To a point, agree, the results may indicate that. But for me in some of those games, even the ones we have won, we have been outplayed and relied on a fair portion of good fortune. If the overall performances were there I could perhaps live with it and give McClaren a good run, but there not!

10 minutes ago, Pearson said:

To a point, agree, the results may indicate that. But for me in some of those games, even the ones we have won, we have been outplayed and relied on a fair portion of good fortune. If the overall performances were there I could perhaps live with it and give McClaren a good run, but there not!

So we've an 'unbalanced squad' - you say we should sign Irvine who would be better than any of our midfield - but we're still winning, albeit with average performances (according to you). So what does that tell you? Lol.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I like the way Derby fans measure success

It's like Bournemouth saying anything outside the top 4 is failure.

Why is it that if we're **** then nobody cries like a baby. If we're good and winning then we're the best club in the world. 

But if we're good and lose it brings out some complete bell ends. I hated the forum last time Mac was here. People talk complete *****. Suddenly start thinking they support Real Madrid and have a right to win every game. "Is he good enough for the Premier League?" "Pearson would have this team promoted", "who do Newcastle fans think they are"

You look like complete bell ends. Honestly. 

Sit here and reading through some of the ***** over the last few weeks has been a real turn off. 

You ask for something, you get it and you want more. Then you get nothing and you ask for what you had before but when you get it you want more again.

And I don't mean you would like more in a reasonable manner. I mean it's proper dummy out the pram stuff.

You know when you read what Newcastle fans say or what Leicester fans are saying now? You know when you think "who do they think they are? X has done a great job. Those fans have forgotten where they were. What right do they have to demand..." blah blah

That's some of you lot.

I said last time Mac was here (and Clement to some extent) enjoy the good while it lasts. Stop worrying about alternate futures and what you deserve. Worry about where you're coming from and where you are. But loads of bitching still went on. The lust for Sir Nigel Pearson, Premier League Champion and football saviour to just guide this giant European elite club to its rightful place. If you'd spent more time enjoying winning and less time worrying about whether we'd beat Bayern Munich then you'd have a better understanding of where we really are as a club. 

Seriously, you need to have a look at a calender. It's not 1975. 

Where we're coming from and where we are. Worry about the here and now. And get a grip on what success is to a club like Derby.

Or buy a Chelsea shirt and fook off. Honestly, some of you might actually find happiness. 

Parasites

With parasites on the end I thought twice about responding to this.

Your sentiment, unless I have miss read you, is for supporters to be more accepting and less demanding and critical?

Can I counter and ask why can’t I have an aspiration and wish to see Derby in the Premiership? A club of our stature should be in the Premiership and I for one long for that day. Unfortunately under the current stewardship I’m unable to see my dream materialising.

On 05/02/2017 at 21:42, MackworthRamIsGod said:

"...Mac is not the long term solution for Derby, only a fool would think that, but he was bought back at the right time..."

Wow that is a big statement , not knocking you for it, just didn't expect to see it in conjunction with justified praise of what he has achieved this season

3 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Your sentiment, unless I have miss read you, is for supporters to be more accepting and less demanding and critical?

Can I counter and ask why can’t I have an aspiration and wish to see Derby in the Premiership? A club of our stature should be in the Premiership and I for one long for that day. Unfortunately under the current stewardship I’m unable to see my dream materialising.

Well,be prepared to be surprised....

26 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Any manager worth his salt will always take the opportunity to improve his squad whenever possible. One example, and if it were me, I’d have been down to the Pirelli Stadium and signed Jackson Irvine the moment the transfer window opened. On Burton’s resources he would have been well within our budget and he is head and shoulders above any of our mid-fielders. Just my opinion of course!

He looks promising but head and shoulders above any and all of our current midfielders? Jesus wept!

7 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Who would you like to see managing Derby County?

1 minute ago, Pearson said:

*Brendan Rogers*, Nigel Clough.............er Nigel Pearson.

So we're swapping Hughes for Irvine, and McClaren for one of these 3?

Are you sure that'll work because on paper it looks like it might not?

I'm on a warning you know.

36 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Would Jackson Irvine have improved us? Does he fit? Misplaces one in four passes, a major criticism of Burton this season has been few of them being able to take care on the ball… so would we really want him if we're re-building into a possession team? 

3 minutes ago, Pearson said:

*Brendan Rogers*, Nigel Clough.............er Nigel Pearson.

Well we had a good look at Clough. Good scout not exactly inspiring as a manager. The other Nigel ? ... Ummmm well he got Leicester promoted and just managed to keep them up. Then turned us from a top 10 side in to a relegation team devoid of spirit playing dull football without any goals. Bit like that TV show .. What's it called ... POintless.

Dunno about Rogers, seems like a good bloke but in the mean time I am very pleased with a manager who has got us off the floor and in to contention for the play offs and who's team provides me with entertainment, skill and a spoonful of hope. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Well we had a good look at Clough. Good scout not exactly inspiring as a manager. The other Nigel ? ... Ummmm well he got Leicester promoted and just managed to keep them up. Then turned us from a top 10 side in to a relegation team devoid of spirit playing dull football without any goals. Bit like that TV show .. What's it called ... POintless.

Dunno about Rogers, seems like a good bloke but in the mean time I am very pleased with a manager who has got us off the floor and in to contention for the play offs and who's team provides me with entertainment, skill and a spoonful of hope. 

Thanks Jono - for a moment I thought I'd been dragged through a vortex into the twighlight zone.

35 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Yes we have relied on a bit of luck at times thinking back to Leeds hitting the post and Keogh's hand ball on the line vs Wednesday for example. But these things all even themselves out over the course of a season. We've had our fair share of bad luck too, you just have to look at Newcastle's goal on Saturday.

I agree that we aren't exactly playing teams off the park when we are beating the sides around us, but that's probably where our good defensive record comes in to play. We've only conceded 22 league goals, so more often than not we only need a single goal to win a game. We aren't the sort of side who has to go and try and score 3 or 4 to win because we know that most of the time we won't need to.

Archived