The Reality

Pearson

8 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Oh the tedium of this!!

For what’s its worth I selected the Pearson pseudonym after our Wembley play-off victory over West Brom. I would have thought a quick history check would have confirmed that.

Ok. How's that working out for you?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pearson said:

Yesterdays starting 11 included 8 Clement, 3 Clough and 1 McLaren signing. Think about that.....

i am........ that means we had 12 on the pitch.

1 hour ago, SIWY said:

You state we've "only won 4 against current top 10". Well, excluding us from them 10 then that is 9 teams. We have beat Leeds, Wednesday, Norwich and Reading at home, so that's a 100% win rate against current top 10 sides at home under McClaren. 

Away from home admittedly not so good, but so long as we're picking up wins at the likes of Ipswich, QPR and other sides outside the top 10 then that's fine really.

I don't see how anyone can complain given that we'd all conceded we were in for a relegation battle this season when McClaren took over!

Wed played 14 games under Pearson during which time he gave every player a fair chance. To call this a relegation battle is unfair. Were not much further forward now considering MaClaren has had the opportunity to bring his own players in. The ones he has have largely failed.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

If we get ANYTHING out of this season, it's a proper bonus. Because McClaren's been here before so recently, no ones given him the leniency that a new manager normally gets, he's completely turned us around and has taken us from a relegation fight to a play-off fight.

I know which one I prefer. 

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll be back to what I'd consider a full strength McClaren side until the start of next season.

People can say 'our team isn't good enough' all they like, but this team isn't really meant to be good enough, is it?

It's a mish mash of several managers different ideas, it's not going to be a streamlined, well oiled machine until we've actually had a manager complete a season with us and had a summer to adjust his squad. Can't wait to go into the summer with some certainty about the next season, no matter what league that's in.

But that essentially is the crux of my argument. He has shown nothing to indicate that he can mould a successful team based on his own signings. He hasn't the ability to take the existing crop any further so in real terms we are going backwards.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think you are correct about us not making the playoffs this season (but that is it). Unless we go on another 5/6 game winning run, we are fighting out with Norwich, Fulham and Wednesday for 6th.

But, what Mac has done with this team since he came back in is pure miracle working after what that fool Pearson did.

Mac is not the long term solution for Derby, only a fool would think that, but he was bought back at the right time.

Anything more than a top 10 finish after the start of the season would be an achievement, then it's all eyes on next season.

On the money we have spent our expectations should be higher. I tell you what, the board see him as the long term solution!

7 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Wed played 14 games under Pearson during which time he gave every player a fair chance. To call this a relegation battle is unfair. Were not much further forward now considering MaClaren has had the opportunity to bring his own players in. The ones he has have largely failed.

Do you seriously believe this crud?

9 minutes ago, Pearson said:

I think the modern day vernacular for this kind of BS is 'alternative facts' :ermm:

2 hours ago, Pearson said:

Yesterday’s game completed 20 games under McClaren’s current tenure and is sufficient time to form a critical critique of where we are, and perhaps more importantly, where we are going.

During this period we have played 13 teams in the current top 10 and won only 4 games. We have been outplayed and embarrassed in the majority of these and only good luck coming to our aid in numerous cases. It is, and always will be, a measuring stick in how you perform against superior opposition if you are to demonstrate genuine progression. To that end we are not progressing.

During this and the previous tenure, McClaren has signed 15 and loaned 14 players. Yesterdays starting 11 included 8 Clement, 3 Clough and 1 McLaren signing. Think about that, and after you have, you should come to the conclusion that we have a coach who is incapable of spotting players with any class or potential. Worrying times.

As things stand we are 9pts adrift of Leeds who are 5th and ground which I feel we are not capable of making up. If Shef Wed or Norwich kick on I fear we will not even make the play-offs, and this for me alone, is justification enough to sack McClaren.

The board will stick with him until 2018, and be assured we will still be in the Championship; a new manager will be installed requiring time, which means for us long suffering fans, no Premiership football until 2020 if we are lucky!

I've given this a like as the sentances flow nicely and it reads well. Not sure about the semi-colon in the final paragraph, but would be churlish of me not to give a like for this subjective punctuation opinion of mine.

52 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The reality is Steve this season over 20 games has a 60% win percentage and you want him sacked Pearson?

Fair point. But again my point is he cant deliver against our illustrious opponents which is where we need to be if we are to progress.Beating the inferior teams means nothing I'm afraid.

McClaren might have had a better chance of steering us into an unlikely play-off spot, had Pearson not got rid of Martin and spent most of our cash on Vydra. Pearson effectively handicapped whomever was to come after him. That and the season long loss of Thorne have been heavy blows to bear. 

8 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Fair point. But again my point is he cant deliver against our illustrious opponents which is where we need to be if we are to progress.Beating the inferior teams means nothing I'm afraid.

Hate to be the one to point this out but generally speaking, beating the inferior teams tends to mean 3 points.

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I've given this a like as the sentances flow nicely and it reads well. Not sure about the semi-colon in the final paragraph, but would be churlish of me not to give a like for this subjective punctuation opinion of mine.

A typo your honour;-))

41 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Thank you

We can all have a opinion, are you upset with the Leicester result against Manu, I thought Leicester were awful, gives us a chance on Wednesday night to beat them, I heard Leicester wants Pearson back, so you will be in a job soon, and you can stop talking rubbish on this forum, good luck in your new job, lol.

Just now, Pearson said:

These points would be completely valid if it wasn't for the fact we  have had three full-time managers and two caretaker managers in the last 12 months alone. The club is hardly in a position of strength. A top six finish would only be papering over the cracks.

McClaren has only been back for four months. We are averaging 2 points a game, which is comfortably top six form.

Yes, we've lost matches against the teams around us. But so have other teams. Newcastle have only lost two fewer than us all season. It's the Championship.

While your sentiments are not completely lost on me - I do think we will find it hard to get out of the Championship with McClaren at the helm - the timing is rash.

I expect improvement next season and if we don't see it, you'd be more than entitled to call for McClaren's head.

3 hours ago, Pearson said:

Yesterday’s game completed 20 games under McClaren’s current tenure and is sufficient time to form a critical critique of where we are, and perhaps more importantly, where we are going.

During this period we have played 13 teams in the current top 10 and won only 4 games. We have been outplayed and embarrassed in the majority of these and only good luck coming to our aid in numerous cases. It is, and always will be, a measuring stick in how you perform against superior opposition if you are to demonstrate genuine progression. To that end we are not progressing.

During this and the previous tenure, McClaren has signed 15 and loaned 14 players. Yesterdays starting 11 included 8 Clement, 3 Clough and 1 McLaren signing. Think about that, and after you have, you should come to the conclusion that we have a coach who is incapable of spotting players with any class or potential. Worrying times.

As things stand we are 9pts adrift of Leeds who are 5th and ground which I feel we are not capable of making up. If Shef Wed or Norwich kick on I fear we will not even make the play-offs, and this for me alone, is justification enough to sack McClaren.

The board will stick with him until 2018, and be assured we will still be in the Championship; a new manager will be installed requiring time, which means for us long suffering fans, no Premiership football until 2020 if we are lucky!

Mac is better manager than you Nigel. I'm so glad Mac turn us around in 20 games something that you couldn't do Nigel. We don't need new manager etc anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Pearson said:

If Liverpool could beat "inferior" teams they'd be raite up Chelsea's arse.

There's no inferior teams, no easy games, any team on any given day are capable of frustrating the opposition, there's too many variables, missed chances, referee incompetence, player injuries, lack of concentration, team selection, moaning supporters, the other team playing well........

I'm not Steve's biggest fan, i've stated on here before i didn't like his style at Middlesbrough or his tenure as England manager (Stevie G, Lamps etc) but based on the evidence of my own eyes we play some decent football when he's in charge. 

Clement and Pearson have a lot to learn to even come close to his man management and ability to get the best out of players.

I have a sneaky feeling that Steve McClaren has found his spiritual home with an owner who is prepared to back him all the way and has the support of the vast majority of the Derby faithful. 

If i could have a pint with Mel and Steve all i'd ask is that they try to play good football, bring in the youngsters whenever and wherever possible, no hoofing unless absolutely necessary and see where it takes us.....

Archived