The Reality

Pearson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 21:33, Pearson said:

Any manager worth his salt will always take the opportunity to improve his squad whenever possible. One example, and if it were me, I’d have been down to the Pirelli Stadium and signed Jackson Irvine the moment the transfer window opened. On Burton’s resources he would have been well within our budget and he is head and shoulders above any of our mid-fielders. Just my opinion of course!

Jackson Irvine LOL... Your last bit about head and shoulder above our midfielders is rubbish logic. 

On 05/02/2017 at 20:39, Pearson said:

Yesterday’s game completed 20 games under McClaren’s current tenure and is sufficient time to form a critical critique of where we are, and perhaps more importantly, where we are going.

During this period we have played 13 teams in the current top 10 and won only 4 games. We have been outplayed and embarrassed in the majority of these and only good luck coming to our aid in numerous cases. It is, and always will be, a measuring stick in how you perform against superior opposition if you are to demonstrate genuine progression. To that end we are not progressing.

During this and the previous tenure, McClaren has signed 15 and loaned 14 players. Yesterdays starting 11 included 8 Clement, 3 Clough and 1 McLaren signing. Think about that, and after you have, you should come to the conclusion that we have a coach who is incapable of spotting players with any class or potential. Worrying times.

As things stand we are 9pts adrift of Leeds who are 5th and ground which I feel we are not capable of making up. If Shef Wed or Norwich kick on I fear we will not even make the play-offs, and this for me alone, is justification enough to sack McClaren.

The board will stick with him until 2018, and be assured we will still be in the Championship; a new manager will be installed requiring time, which means for us long suffering fans, no Premiership football until 2020 if we are lucky!

My apologies in building on my own post a month ago,  but the points made, I believe, are even more pertinent and are worth a re visit.

To reiterate, even though we had won some games and had been outplayed in doing so, we were by and large fortunate. Well the luck has finally run out and we are now in melt down with no leadership or direction.

The tactical ineptitude and team motivation of McClaren is frightening. He is totally fixated with a fixed formation, unable to adapt and counter the oppositions strengths and incapable of utilising our better players in a team structure that suits.

Again I’ll reiterate what I said, he will, regrettably, still be here in the close season, spend God knows how many millions on inferior players that will not progress us and will only further set us back from our stated goals.

The only positive since last month’s post, is at long last, there is beginning to be a realisation that he is not up to it and calls for him to depart are beginning to be muted.

This needs to grow into a crescendo with supporters becoming vocal and bombarding the media outlets with their dissatisfaction which hopefully Morris will eventually heed.

Doesn’t sound nice I know, but believe me, it is in the long term interests of DCFC.

1 minute ago, Pearson said:

This needs to grow into a crescendo with supporters becoming vocal and bombarding the media outlets with their dissatisfaction which hopefully Morris will eventually heed.

No thanks. Sticking with Mac. #stabilityneeded

1 minute ago, Pearson said:

My apologies in building on my own post a month ago,  but the points made, I believe, are even more pertinent and are worth a re visit.

To reiterate, even though we had won some games and had been outplayed in doing so, we were by and large fortunate. Well the luck has finally run out and we are now in melt down with no leadership or direction.

The tactical ineptitude and team motivation of McClaren is frightening. He is totally fixated with a fixed formation, unable to adapt and counter the oppositions strengths and incapable of utilising our better players in a team structure that suits.

Again I’ll reiterate what I said, he will, regrettably, still be here in the close season, spend God knows how many millions on inferior players that will not progress us and will only further set us back from our stated goals.

The only positive since last month’s post, is at long last, there is beginning to be a realisation that he is not up to it and calls for him to depart are beginning to be muted.

Doesn’t sound nice I know, but believe me, it is in the long term interests of DCFC.

I take it you've been turned down for the Leicester job then Nigel? Please take your bitterness elsewhere, there will be other jobs. :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Have you accepted Leicester job or what? Give me Mac every day of the week over you Nigel Pearson. 

On 07/02/2017 at 22:06, philmycock said:

Just to clarify, you think Jackson Irvine is a better player than Will Hughes?

Will Hughes is one of the reasons we are going backwards. If you cant see that, well.......

16 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Will Hughes is one of the reasons we are going backwards. If you cant see that, well.......

Dear oh dear.. 

43 minutes ago, Pearson said:

I accept your previous explanations for your username and apologise for the earlier cheap Nigel shot but seriously WH is one of the reasons for our demise? You do realise this adds strength to your Nigel tag. He also didn't rate WH if his early season team selections are anything to go by. Would be interesting to hear you elaborate on your point.

On 05/02/2017 at 21:25, Stripperg-ram said:

The original post has no context, other than its own negativity. 

The state of the club that SM inherited was abject. Pearsons tenure was abject. He is without George Thorne and Chris Martin. He has made 4-3-3 work with Darren 'fox in the box' Bent as the 'holding player'. The difference between Ince now and Ince in September is massive. 

We have a world class coach. No one on this forum is under the impression that he's the best manager or scout of players. 

But he can get performances and he knows how to carve out wins.

We're currently in nosebleed territory as we're flirting with the play offs, but I'd take 8th now, knowing how this season has gone so far. We have some pretty short memories if we don't remember how poor we were until October.

Judging McLaren now is massively unfair.

i don't know if he'll ever get is up. 

But if we think in Brighton-esque terms ,(I.e roughly same squad/coach over 3-4 seasons playing the same way and gradually getting better and better) then we're on to a winner.

Who would the op suggest as a better replacement!?

Bang on the money 

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 21:25, Stripperg-ram said:

We're currently in nosebleed territory as we're flirting with the play offs, but I'd take 8th now, knowing how this season has gone so far. We have some pretty short memories if we don't remember how poor we were until October.

Judging McLaren now is massively unfair.

i don't know if he'll ever get is up. 

But if we think in Brighton-esque terms ,(I.e roughly same squad/coach over 3-4 seasons playing the same way and gradually getting better and better) then we're on to a winner.

Apparently lots of fans have memory problems...

12 hours ago, Pearson said:

This is a truly confusing and very badly informed post... do you watch the matches? Hughes even not 100 per cent fit does a lot for the team. His movement  and his intelligence is obvious and he rarely loses the ball. He's often kicked to death by the opposition because they just can't take the ball of him. He has been guilty of some stray passing in my opinion this season which is uncharacteristic of him but he's young and a properly gifted player and I'm sorry your opinion is just really really wrong. 

Will is definately a VERY talented and gifted player.

He is our equivalent of the quarterback, his vision, speed of thought and range of passing is head and shoulders above anything in our squad and quite possibly the league...he has always had the quality of making  time and space where it often looks impossible to do so.

This is widely acknowledged by our fans and indeed opposition fans and management. Indeed I took Mrs HH (a total non football fan) to the home fixture against Leicester and even she commented, without knowing who he was, that he was incredible and by far the best player on the pitch....this was underlined by our total lack of offensive play in the second half after he had to be withdrawn due to injury..

Back to my point...in order for Will and indeed the team to function effectively with Will, we need players who are willing to make runs, space and options to make the most of his undoubted skills and ability.

Our failing is in the recruitment of players to make use of his skills....it is often said on here and other forums that we play 4/3/3....well I see it is 4/1/2/3 which can give variations of 4/2/1/3 and indeed 4/1/4/1 at more defensive times. However, we need players who have the desire and ability to be dynamic and mobile offensively as well as defensively. (a la Bryson and Hendrick and the maligned Russell/Ward). What is also important is the fact that we play with not only a player with Wills qualities of linking passages of play but also a fulcrum CF who also possesses qualities to effectively link play together.

It has also been mentioned that Mac is a 'one trick pony'....the problem I think in the we have recruited some rather expensive 'one trick' players who undoubtebly possess quality however they are not comfortable or able to be multi faceted which is what we need.....I just hope that Mac is able to shift on and recruit sucessfully in the summer although I fear that one window will not be sufficient.

"Once we get on the field, we can't rely on coaches and managers to win us those games. They've given us everything we need beforehand and set us up - and that has worked, to a certain extent, because we've controlled and dominated matches.

"But once that whistle goes, it's down to us - and I think we have to take more responsibility than we have done over the past four or five games.

"Perhaps we need to take a bit more of a chance, have a little bit more of a go."

Scott Carson. Perfectly put.

Archived