The Reality

Pearson

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HectorsHouse said:

...gets my POTY vote for that statement alone

Carson: "Once we get on the field, we can't rely on coaches and managers to win us those games. They've given us everything we need beforehand and set us up - and that has worked, to a certain extent, because we've controlled and dominated matches.

"But once that whistle goes, it's down to us - and I think we have to take more responsibility than we have done over the past four or five games.

"Perhaps we need to take a bit more of a chance, have a little bit more of a go."

Yeah. Really rate him.

If fans boo Stevie Mac then all hope in football is lost.

The reason we are NOT in a relegation battle is down to him coming in and rejuvenating this average side and getting them to deliver championship winning form for 10 games.

He knows and we know this squad isn't good enough, it isn't far off but it isn't the full set yet.

Mac saved our season.

14 hours ago, Pearson said:

My apologies in building on my own post a month ago,  but the points made, I believe, are even more pertinent and are worth a re visit.

To reiterate, even though we had won some games and had been outplayed in doing so, we were by and large fortunate. Well the luck has finally run out and we are now in melt down with no leadership or direction.

The tactical ineptitude and team motivation of McClaren is frightening. He is totally fixated with a fixed formation, unable to adapt and counter the oppositions strengths and incapable of utilising our better players in a team structure that suits.

Again I’ll reiterate what I said, he will, regrettably, still be here in the close season, spend God knows how many millions on inferior players that will not progress us and will only further set us back from our stated goals.

The only positive since last month’s post, is at long last, there is beginning to be a realisation that he is not up to it and calls for him to depart are beginning to be muted.

This needs to grow into a crescendo with supporters becoming vocal and bombarding the media outlets with their dissatisfaction which hopefully Morris will eventually heed.

Doesn’t sound nice I know, but believe me, it is in the long term interests of DCFC.

I don't think anybody can take you seriously anymore after you suggested he should be replaced with Clough, Pearson or Rodgers… I know I don't.

18 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My thoughts exactly, seeing Vardy interviewed after their win made me a little sick.

One of the things I liked about us when Clough jr was here, we stuck by him, we gave him chance (some would say not enough time but that's not the point), he had backing. My difficulty was I didn't rate Clogh jr, lol!

But I think it's time that Mel gave the fans the bottom line that Mac is here for his contract at least. The fans, Mel, Mac and the players have to believe that.

On 2/5/2017 at 23:30, Highgate said:

McClaren might have had a better chance of steering us into an unlikely play-off spot, had Pearson not got rid of Martin and spent most of our cash on Vydra. Pearson effectively handicapped whomever was to come after him. That and the season long loss of Thorne have been heavy blows to bear. 

I do want McLaren to see out his contract, but I don't entirely agree with that comment about Pearson. Mac still has a decent squad, which wasn't questioned when we were on a good run & winning games. If you want to talk about handicapped managers, look at Gary Monk or Warnock. They're not doing too bad. 

20 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I accept your previous explanations for your username and apologise for the earlier cheap Nigel shot but seriously WH is one of the reasons for our demise? You do realise this adds strength to your Nigel tag. He also didn't rate WH if his early season team selections are anything to go by. Would be interesting to hear you elaborate on your point.

No worries.

Right, I will agree he is elegant on the ball and a neat passer but that’s it for me at this level.

He body position when making a tackle is poor, he is easily knocked off the ball, lacks aerial guile and for a mid-fielder his goal return is poor.

Unfortunately his passing ability and elegant demeanour are not enough to warrant a start in every game. In saying that, perhaps even McClaren is beginning to realise his limitations with three with drawls in the last four games.

Game after game we are being repeatedly over run in mid field and I’m afraid he is one of the main culprits in allowing this to happen. This didnt happen when the sorely missed Hendricks was in there, he had what you call “presence” which WH does not have.

Fine, you obviously think to the contrary, but I do feel a couple of games on the bench and the selection of a mid field with more bite and presence will serve us better. But with McClaren.....

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

This didnt happen when the sorely missed Hendricks was in there, he had what you call “presence” which WH does not have.

ROFL!

Hendrick was one of the woosiest midfielders Derby have had in a long time.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

ROFL!

Hendrick was one of the woosiest midfielders Derby have had in a long time.

Sorry but I a disagree, I don't believe we've properly replaced Hendrick. I've posted elsewhere on it but he was an integral part of that midfield. Hughes, Thorne & Hendrick would have been formidable 

Just now, mrdave85 said:

Sorry but I a disagree, I don't believe we've properly replaced Hendrick. I've posted elsewhere on it but he was an integral part of that midfield. Hughes, Thorne & Hendrick would have been formidable 

May be that we haven't replaced him, but no way was he a midfield enforcer. He thought crunch(ie) tackles were a chocolate bar!

2 hours ago, Pearson said:

No worries.

Right, I will agree he is elegant on the ball and a neat passer but that’s it for me at this level.

He body position when making a tackle is poor, he is easily knocked off the ball, lacks aerial guile and for a mid-fielder his goal return is poor.

Unfortunately his passing ability and elegant demeanour are not enough to warrant a start in every game. In saying that, perhaps even McClaren is beginning to realise his limitations with three with drawls in the last four games.

Game after game we are being repeatedly over run in mid field and I’m afraid he is one of the main culprits in allowing this to happen. This didnt happen when the sorely missed Hendricks was in there, he had what you call “presence” which WH does not have.

Fine, you obviously think to the contrary, but I do feel a couple of games on the bench and the selection of a mid field with more bite and presence will serve us better. But with McClaren.....

I think his withdrawals are more to do with the fact that he isn't 100% fit. If Mac didn't rate him then we wouldn't have given him a new contract. Mac would have instructed Sam Rush to sell him for the best price possible. You are correct that limitations are hindering the team but it's the limitations of the players around WH that are causing this. This is the fundamental problem. His footballing brain is so far ahead of those around him that it makes it impossible for his game to thrive. His goal return is a problem and is in my eyes the only part of his game that needs improvement. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Reality is last 6 games with our squad we are 23 rd in the form guide. How do these players take their wages every week and think they are good players. 

They are good players but not particularly good together

In the words of Eric Morecambe "I'm playing the right notes,but not necessarily in the right order"

The first post on this page is quite possibly one of the ludicrous posts I've seen on here in a while. Although people have already picked many holes in the already flawed argument, I'd just like to dwell on this particularly mad paragraph: 

During this and the previous tenure, McClaren has signed 15 and loaned 14 players. Yesterdays starting 11 included 8 Clement, 3 Clough and 1 McLaren signing. Think about that, and after you have, you should come to the conclusion that we have a coach who is incapable of spotting players with any class or potential. Worrying times.

Ignoring the fact that some of the signings and loans are the same people or emergency loans which inflates the numbers posted (Thorne, Ince, Bent, Butland, Dawkins), apart from Best I can't think of any signings Mac has made which have been as disastrous as his successors gems (Vydra, Blackman). No I don't include the likes of Calero or Ssewankambo because they were low fee, youth signings who were sold by the managers after Mac. Clearly he can spot players with class and potential, otherwise we wouldn't have got Tom Ince who was rotting the reserves for Hull or Darren Bent, who was absolutely awful for Fulham. 

The second point regarding the starting 11 having almost none of Mac almost completely destroys any argument you have for him being a crap manager. We can't tell whether he is or not because this isn't his team. He's picking up the pieces of 2 very poor management spells before him who had completely different directions they wanted to take the club. What McClaren is dealing with now is a squad which has players from Mac and Clough's passing/attacking squad, Clement's hyper defensive squad and Pearson's yorkshire terrier pace squad, meaning there is absolutely no cohesion. 

I absolutely despised the Mac when he left us in 14/15 due to the whole Newcastle saga. I hoped he'd fall flat on his face and he did, which was absolutely hilarious. However he has come back, apologised and the players seem to have accepted that so I'm willing to get behind him. Judge him in a fair manner next season when he's had a summer to impose his philosophy and plan, not when he's essentially saved us from relegation with Nigel 'tactics' Pearson. Chopping and changing managers will get us nowhere.

(I do feel like I'm being baited by a troll account here though).

Archived