The Reality

Pearson

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pearson said:

Yesterday’s game completed 20 games under McClaren’s current tenure and is sufficient time to form a critical critique of where we are, and perhaps more importantly, where we are going.

During this period we have played 13 teams in the current top 10 and won only 4 games. We have been outplayed and embarrassed in the majority of these and only good luck coming to our aid in numerous cases. It is, and always will be, a measuring stick in how you perform against superior opposition if you are to demonstrate genuine progression. To that end we are not progressing.

During this and the previous tenure, McClaren has signed 15 and loaned 14 players. Yesterdays starting 11 included 8 Clement, 3 Clough and 1 McLaren signing. Think about that, and after you have, you should come to the conclusion that we have a coach who is incapable of spotting players with any class or potential. Worrying times.

As things stand we are 9pts adrift of Leeds who are 5th and ground which I feel we are not capable of making up. If Shef Wed or Norwich kick on I fear we will not even make the play-offs, and this for me alone, is justification enough to sack McClaren.

The board will stick with him until 2018, and be assured we will still be in the Championship; a new manager will be installed requiring time, which means for us long suffering fans, no Premiership football until 2020 if we are lucky!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. Maybe you should apply for the job mate - you could not possibly do worse than your namesake.

Mac has been fantastic, assuming you are a Wum, cause you aint a Rams fan.

The only critique from me is going to come when the season is over, and we start

buying for the next 46 games, my expectations for this season (minus Martin, Thorne

and Fozzy) have all been met, anything else is a bonus!!

Posts like this show that McClaren is a victim of his own success.

Given where we were under Pearson, surely this season is nothing more than a free hit?

We always knew that reaching the play offs would be a tall order because we had effectively given everyone a ten game head start. And historically we have never prospered against the teams around us, so results against Newcastle, Norwich and Leeds were none too surprising.

The time to judge him is next season when he is able to shape the squad how he wants and he has a full pre-season to get the players playing how he wants.

The squad is so disjointed at this current time, it's a minor miracle that play-offs is still even in the discussion.

While I agree that it is hard to see us getting out of the division any time soon and I have reservations over whether McClaren is the right man to do it, it'd be absurd and beyond premature to sack McClaren this season.

Look at the job Bruce is doing at Villa and it makes McClaren look otherworldly.

It's worth pointing out that Bent, Ince, Pearce and Carson were McClaren signings that Clement allowed to go through. 

McClaren's only bad signings for me have been Albentosa and Best.

Bent was a case of Best being so poor but is being unable to sign a natural cover player for Martin, despite our best efforts. 

The likes of Cisse, Shotton, Naylor and Warnock were signed to fill the squad out and provide more competition. They were never signed to improve the starting XI but to do a job when necessary. 

His first spell signings were about slightly tweaking the squad. He's never had to build so we can't really comment. 

The reality is simple, since Mac came back we have climbed from third to bottom, to seventh, playing some great football, scoring goals again, and players playing for the shirt again, so for me everything is positive and before he arrived no one expected us to get even near the playoffs, now we are only three points away  so stop moaning and enjoy it , because I certainly am. Once a ram always a ram.

13 minutes ago, SWRam said:

Personally I would ignore all the happy clappers who think Mac is our saviour and things are all rosy in the Derby camp.

You've predicted us to lose our last three games by an aggregate score line of 11-0 and want to ignore more positive minded people… masochist comes to mind.

Top 10 points vs other top 10 teams

Brighton: home P6 W6 D0 L0 - away P6 W2 D2 L3 - total points 26/36

Newcastle: home P6 W4 D0 L2 - away P4 W3 D0 L1 - total points 21/30

Huddersfield: home P5 W4 D0 L1 - away P7 W3 D0 L4 - total points 21/36

Fulham: home P8 W4 D3 L1 - away P4 W1 D1 L2 - total points 19/36

Reading: home P6 W4 D2 L0 - away P5 W1 D0 L4 - total points 17/33

Leeds:home P6 W3 D1 L2 - away P6 W2 D0 L4 - total points 16/36

Derby: home P6 W4 D1 L1 - away P7 W0 D2 L5 - total points 15/39

Sheff W: home P4 W2 D0 L2 - away P8 W2 D2 L3 - total points 14/36

Barnsley: home P6 W3 D0 L3 - away P5 W0 D0 L5 - total points 9/33

Norwich: home P4 W1 D1 L2 - away P6 W0 D1 L5 - total points 5/30

Might have made an error or two, just quickly had a peak through results and noted them down without double checking. But all it really shows is that most of the top 10 have a similar record vs other top 10 teams apart from Brighton who have a very good record and Norwich who have an awful record.

However, we're the only team in the top 10 who've had a change of managers and 4 of our games vs top 10 teams came before McClaren returned and they were 2 losses and 2 draws.

All McClaren had to do this season was keep us up and get midtable. Anything more is a bonus. I would guess McClaren has an almost identical record after 20 games as his first spell here, which considering the mess the squad is in should be applauded.

So called promotion expert Steve Bruce started in a similar position with Villa. Should he be sacked?

Classic case of stupidly high and unrealistic expectations. We have no divine right to get promotion and like a lot of things the thrill of the chase is probably more enjoyable than the catch.

4 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

All McClaren had to do this season was keep us up and get midtable. Anything more is a bonus. I would guess McClaren has an almost identical record after 20 games as his first spell here, which considering the mess the squad is in should be applauded.

So called promotion expert Steve Bruce started in a similar position with Villa. Should he be sacked?

Classic case of stupidly high and unrealistic expectations. We have no divine right to get promotion and like a lot of things the thrill of the chase is probably more enjoyable than the catch.

Exactly, the only question should be is it more enjoyable under Mac than P*****n?

Only a sadist would answer no.

2 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

Your not Nigel Pearson by any chance?

Oh the tedium of this!!

For what’s its worth I selected the Pearson pseudonym after our Wembley play-off victory over West Brom. I would have thought a quick history check would have confirmed that.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah troll off, Nigel. I think you're in need of a white stick and seeing eye dog.

No problem with you not agreeing with my opinion or reasoning if that is how you feel, but please just ignore and spare me the insults and abuse.

I don't know where these expectations come from.

When we drew 0-0 at home to Wigan, that should have been as clear a sign as any that we are simply not a realistic contender for promotion this year. Merely the darkest of horses.

We are a big work in progress and surely the lack of quality and fluency in our football shows that.

Yet to McClaren's credit, he has won 11 out of 18 league games and we've only lost to teams who are above us in the table, so where is the disgruntlement coming from?

Let's revisit this issue in February 2018 and see where we are.

Just now, Pearson said:

No problem with you not agreeing with my opinion or reasoning if that is how you feel, but please just ignore and spare me the insults and abuse.

Which bit is abuse? I guess implying you're blind might be an insult but I think that it's my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Oh the tedium of this!!

For what’s its worth I selected the Pearson pseudonym after our Wembley play-off victory over West Brom. I would have thought a quick history check would have confirmed that.

Bet you'd wished you'd plumped for wee Billy in retrospect?

Archived