The Reality

Pearson

25 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Derby 1-2 Blackburn

Derby 0-1 Ipswich

Burton 1-0 Derby

Just saying

Top sides they were.  A great manager like Pearson ensured that we only lost each encounter by a single goal - anyone else and it would have been far worse.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the way Derby fans measure success

It's like Bournemouth saying anything outside the top 4 is failure.

Why is it that if we're **** then nobody cries like a baby. If we're good and winning then we're the best club in the world. 

But if we're good and lose it brings out some complete bell ends. I hated the forum last time Mac was here. People talk complete *****. Suddenly start thinking they support Real Madrid and have a right to win every game. "Is he good enough for the Premier League?" "Pearson would have this team promoted", "who do Newcastle fans think they are"

You look like complete bell ends. Honestly. 

Sit here and reading through some of the ***** over the last few weeks has been a real turn off. 

You ask for something, you get it and you want more. Then you get nothing and you ask for what you had before but when you get it you want more again.

And I don't mean you would like more in a reasonable manner. I mean it's proper dummy out the pram stuff.

You know when you read what Newcastle fans say or what Leicester fans are saying now? You know when you think "who do they think they are? X has done a great job. Those fans have forgotten where they were. What right do they have to demand..." blah blah

That's some of you lot.

I said last time Mac was here (and Clement to some extent) enjoy the good while it lasts. Stop worrying about alternate futures and what you deserve. Worry about where you're coming from and where you are. But loads of bitching still went on. The lust for Sir Nigel Pearson, Premier League Champion and football saviour to just guide this giant European elite club to its rightful place. If you'd spent more time enjoying winning and less time worrying about whether we'd beat Bayern Munich then you'd have a better understanding of where we really are as a club. 

Seriously, you need to have a look at a calender. It's not 1975. 

Where we're coming from and where we are. Worry about the here and now. And get a grip on what success is to a club like Derby.

Or buy a Chelsea shirt and fook off. Honestly, some of you might actually find happiness. 

Parasites

Still don't think Clement was given enough time but that's for another debate. I agree with you on one aspect though, I can't see us going up under McClaren but I think he will lay down the foundations for another manager(with the same philosophy like a mark warburton) to come in and finally get the team promoted. I know we are in good hands under McClaren

23 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Actually that makes no sense at all. 

I suppose you could say that they are just two results, but the way I look at it those two results encapsulate the transformation that Derby have undergone from Pearson to McClaren. We have gone from a team unable to even score a goal under Pearson to a team capable of beating a side 3-0 under McClaren.

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

With us for a fairly brief period but with Leicester how was Pearson not a success?

I've not said he was not a success at Leicester, I've said he was an abject feckin failure here. What part of that is so hard to comprehend?

Personally, I don't give a monkey **** what Pearson did at Fester, the reason being I'm a Derby fan. Always have been, always will be. But since you had to drag it up to suit the narrative, let's consider McClaren's past work at Twente.  Is taking Twente to two titles in a league that contained the likes of Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord not a success on a rather grander scale than getting Fester out of the Championship? And what about his work at Boro?

Your pal suggested we should fire McClaren and that's the point I'm responding to before we enter into another pointless off-kilter debate.

9 minutes ago, SIWY said:

I suppose you could say that they are just two results, but the way I look at it those two results encapsulate the transformation that Derby have undergone from Pearson to McClaren. We have gone from a team unable to even score a goal under Pearson to a team capable of beating a side 3-0 under McClaren.

Like playing two different teams..

Ipswich now was not the Ipswich then.

26 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Why is it that if we're **** then nobody cries like a baby. If we're good and winning then we're the best club in the world. 

But if we're good and lose it brings out some complete bell ends. I hated the forum last time Mac was here. People talk complete *****. Suddenly start thinking they support Real Madrid and have a right to win every game. "Is he good enough for the Premier League?" "Pearson would have this team promoted", "who do Newcastle fans think they are"

Sit here and reading through some of the ***** over the last few weeks has been a real turn off. 

You ask for something, you get it and you want more. Then you get nothing and you ask for what you had before but when you get it you want more again.

And I don't mean you would like more in a reasonable manner. I mean it's proper dummy out the pram stuff.

You know when you read what Newcastle fans say or what Leicester fans are saying now? You know when you think "who do they think they are? X has done a great job. Those fans have forgotten where they were. What right do they have to demand..." blah blah

That's some of you lot.

I said last time Mac was here (and Clement to some extent) enjoy the good while it lasts. Stop worrying about alternate futures and what you deserve. Worry about where you're coming from and where you are. But loads of bitching still went on. The lust for Sir Nigel Pearson, Premier League Champion and football saviour to just guide this giant European elite club to its rightful place. If you'd spent more time enjoying winning and less time worrying about whether we'd beat Bayern Munich then you'd have a better understanding of where we really are as a club. 

Where we're coming from and where we are. Worry about the here and now. And get a grip on what success is to a club like Derby.

Or buy a Chelsea shirt and fook off. Honestly, some of you might actually find happiness. 

Parasites

Wow, somebody has poked you with a bloody big stick haven't they!

completely agree though, SM has got us flying up the league and we have the ultimate owner (who some were falling over themselves to criticise not so long back) who puts the club he loves first.

SM is having to manage a somewhat disjointed squad with injuries constantly affecting picking a settled team. My gut instinct is that we won't go up but next season with our key players back I would back us to win the league.

Look down the A52 and get some perspective.

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I like Mac and I am happy to see him back, but how can we say a man who jumped ship at the sign of a better offer is a long term solution for Derby?

Also, in the years he has been manager of Derby, how many youth players has he promoted to the first team? If anything I would argue that Mac hinders the progress of the youngsters as he dares not risk them in the quest for promotion. Calero was an example of this, he picked him to play in the cup, a game he scored the winner in, he never played again.

Vernam has just made a cup appearance and was farmed out on loan. Even Hanson, our next solid bit of talent after Will Hughes is now playing for another Championship team.

Mac is here to get us promoted, nothing more (in my opinion) 

During McClaren's two spells we've signed nine under-20s for the developement squad. 

He's given debuts to Kwame Thomas, Ivan Calero, Alefe Santos, Kele Roos, Charles Vernam and Jamie Hanson. He gave Mason Bennett 13 appearances in 13/14. He's played Lowe whenever he's been fit. Rawson's been in the squad.

Perhaps this would indicate that it's the kids that aren't so good as opposed to McClaren's lack of willingness to give them a go. 

Is Hanson anywhere near Mascarell? Bennett's older than Ibe and nowhere near him. Calero's the same age as Bamford. McClaren was willing to play them.

24 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Like playing two different teams..

Ipswich now was not the Ipswich then.

When we played them at home they were 15th in the league as it stood before the game, and when we played them away they were positioned 14th in the league before the game.

They've been around that position quite consistently all season. 

54 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That's some of you lot.

Parasites

Oosh

2 minutes ago, SIWY said:

When we played them at home they were 15th in the league as it stood before the game, and when we played them away they were positioned 14th in the league before the game. 

Like I said, means bog all really. Wolves beat Liverpool, what does that mean? Top Prem side? Nah..

Just now, Angry Ram said:

Like I said, means bog all really. Wolves beat Liverpool, what does that mean? Top Prem side? Nah..

I agree that it means nothing really, but it does show the transformation we have taken from a side incapable of scoring to a side capable of putting three past a side away from home

My 'reality' is that we're in a much, much better state now than we were under Pearson. Mac, Powell and the rest of the management team deserve praise for the improvement. If we make the Play-Offs this year I'll be delighted. I think we can make them but I don't necessarily expect it.

I liked what Stam said the other day when interviewed after Reading won, after losing a few. His reply to the question, "It must be good to be back on track?" was that they had never been off track but that they couldn't expect to win every game in the Championship. We all need to realise this I think.

The beginning of the season was a bloody nightmare, now I'm a Happy Ram! Enough said.:p

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think Pearson makes some good points and we are probably about the eighth best team in the division.

That was dreamland 3-4 months ago.

That we haven't gone higher is down to a higher standard championship than in previous years and our failure to add a dynamic midfielder and a goalscorer.

I worry about our recruitment but there's no doubt we have team spirit.

That has improved under Mac.

The only valid point he has made is regarding recruitment but, I'm not sure you point the finger of blame this season at SM. He's only had the January transfer window in which many players appear to have been over priced.

If Pearson had left it at that and said we are only the 8th best team then I couldn't argue but, he suggested we have not progressed since SM returned (ludicrous) and calling for SM to be sacked if we don't reach the play-offs (crazy). As you've said yourself, part of the reason is the higher standard in the championship.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

That's some of you lot.

Parasites

Everyone loves an Alpha rant. 

Archived