What are you eating tonight

froggg

On 11/10/2021 at 11:53, Angry Ram said:

Went out for a Ruby at the weekend to the new curry house in town. They don't have a licence yet so he said 'bring your own'.. Happy days.

You could not fit another person in there, jammed all night. He might just have hit on a clever idea. Guaranteed full house every night.

And they say London is 5 years ahead of the rest of the country...?

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Indian for me tonight. Our local throws in a free salad with every order and let me tell you now it's excellent. Can't wait to get stuck in to this bad boy!

Screenshot_20211017-190753_Gallery.thumb.jpg.934f1e04ce7474e2525c3bd238ad1ab8.jpg

Screenshot_20211017-190741_Gallery.thumb.jpg.01caf8574e2cf2da3f22a0e322997b57.jpg

Is that picture taken before or after you consumed the salad?

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Eddie said:

Not sure about tonight, but we've just polished this off for breakfast...

939982232_20211031_110538brekky.thumb.jpg.7e4f849abcc3cc4ad4722dc7c9e6ff1f.jpg

Basically loaded croissants- grilled bacon, chestnut mushrooms and a little cheese. The mushrooms are fried in butter, Worcestershire sauce, cracked black pepper and nutmeg - and they taste utterly divine.

Interesting that you grill bacon.. Personally it never tastes as good as fried.. They look nice though. 
I assume The Memsahib has 2 pieces and you had the odd 1?

35 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Interesting that you grill bacon.. Personally it never tastes as good as fried.. They look nice though. 
I assume The Memsahib has 2 pieces and you had the odd 1?

Token gesture to the Memsahib really. In the before-times, when she was in charge of catering, she used to grill everything. "It gets rid of some of the fat" she said. "It gets rid of the taste" I would reply. And so on. It would then escalate from there, addressing other areas... "You think more of Derby County than you do of me".... "I think more of Nottingham Forest than I do of you"... "You think more of Belgian beer than I do of you"... "I think more of Carling Black Label than you do of me"... but I digress.

Dangerous ground requires me to tread more carefully.

Edited by Eddie

• 2 weeks later...

Homemade Lamb Pasanda

I say homemade but it's using a spice mix from Spice & Eazy (just the powders & almonds) and I didn't personally grow any of the ingredients or butcher the animal, but I did the rest.

Probably won't photograph it, you all know what a curry looks like.

Oh and I didn't milk the coconut either, you'll be relieved to know.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

• 1 month later...