What are you eating tonight

froggg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok… hear me out here… we are far from being connoisseurs, and very much eat to live, as opposed to live to eat. I wouldn’t know a Michelin star from one of their tyres!

…But… this was nowhere near as bad as it sounds… in fact, we both thoroughly enjoyed it, against the backdrop of a sea view, and thoroughly deserved after today’s 25mile (ish) mini cycle-a thon…

Take a tin of Ye Olde Oak Premium Ham (for the first time since the 1976 drought summer!). Slice it, and plate up cold. 
Take a tin of not so olde new potatoes, slice, and lob into a Ridgemonkey grill pan thing, set upon a single burner. Add a few sprays of sunflower oil cooking spray (Nope… me neither!) and toss away until golden brown (ish!)

Do exactly the same with some mushroom based stir fry thing for the lady, or a handful of Morrison’s pre-packed bistro leaves for the gentleman… along with a couple of sachets if HP sauce, found at the back of the camping food cupboard.

serve up on highly appropriate melamine plates (camping motifs and perfectly colour coordinated with our tent (Part of a full dining set for 4, won in a prize draw a few years ago!)  

… et… voila…

Served up 4 minutes apart… I couldn’t handle the pressure of it all leaving the kitchen at the same time!  ?

FC9FC8AC-53D5-44EE-828C-68B1535DCA5C.jpeg

C4647C58-2816-4463-8BFA-D8EE4E3C5BF1.jpeg

0AE7FC74-43FD-485D-8DE8-234461982FEB.jpeg

207B5173-FBEA-48A6-AF50-7F269558079E.jpeg

Edited by Mucker1884
Spelling and stuff!

Blimey!  I’m on a roll!  ?

At this rate, I’m beginning to think that when COVID clears, we may not have the desire or need to return to our usual haunts… cafes, tea rooms, foody pubs etc when away camping (Don’t panic French Patisseries… we’ll never desert you!)

This fending for ourselves is becoming all rather exciting!  (We’re usually lazy at home, and thrice as lazy when away, when it comes to food)!

Tonight’s offering, is what can only be described as the best Filet O’ Fish I have tasted…

Thick slices of cheesy crusty bloomer bread, both sides spread lavishly with tartare sauce, big handful of bistro leaves, and a whacking big breaded cod fillet cooked yet again in our “Ridgemonkey” griddle pan thing. 

An absolute masterpiece, it may have been, ( both aesthetically and of course in the all important taste test) but it still retained the simplistic practicality that will eternally score highly with me!

et… voila…

5FD0CABE-4F93-44C6-9BED-E50E51605DE9.jpeg

B13A7049-1193-443D-8AB8-6C377C1C9E66.jpeg

On 06/06/2021 at 19:05, Mucker1884 said:

Ok… hear me out here… we are far from being connoisseurs, and very much eat to live, as opposed to live to eat. I wouldn’t know a Michelin star from one of their tyres!

…But… this was nowhere near as bad as it sounds… in fact, we both thoroughly enjoyed it, against the backdrop of a sea view, and thoroughly deserved after today’s 25mile (ish) mini cycle-a thon…

Take a tin of Ye Olde Oak Premium Ham (for the first time since the 1976 drought summer!). Slice it, and plate up cold. 
Take a tin of not so olde new potatoes, slice, and lob into a Ridgemonkey grill pan thing, set upon a single burner. Add a few sprays of sunflower oil cooking spray (Nope… me neither!) and toss away until golden brown (ish!)

Do exactly the same with some mushroom based stir fry thing for the lady, or a handful of Morrison’s pre-packed bistro leaves for the gentleman… along with a couple of sachets if HP sauce, found at the back of the camping food cupboard.

serve up on highly appropriate melamine plates (camping motifs and perfectly colour coordinated with our tent (Part of a full dining set for 4, won in a prize draw a few years ago!)  

… et… voila…

Served up 4 minutes apart… I couldn’t handle the pressure of it all leaving the kitchen at the same time!  ?

FC9FC8AC-53D5-44EE-828C-68B1535DCA5C.jpeg

C4647C58-2816-4463-8BFA-D8EE4E3C5BF1.jpeg

0AE7FC74-43FD-485D-8DE8-234461982FEB.jpeg

207B5173-FBEA-48A6-AF50-7F269558079E.jpeg

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

9 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

Reactions like that… from “people like you”… are precisely the reason I don’t normally come in here in the first place!  

Not a chance of me posting about our warmed up chilli con carne on nachos with… get this… grated cheese on top!

yer can shove your thread!
Bloody food snobs!  ?

??

I'll be eating it after my lunch, but still going to put it in here. I can't find rhubarb anywhere in any of it's suitable forms (or any other), so a bit of everything I could find and fancied in the local supermarket. I stewed up 4 plums and 4 apricots, then added blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. Put some oats in with the crumble as well. I shall be whipping up some cream to go with it.

A4820820-E528-432B-BA83-90A156C5DF34.jpeg

Edited by richinspain

8 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I'll be eating it after my lunch, but still going to put it in here. I can't find rhubarb anywhere in any of it's suitable forms (or any other), so a bit of everything I could find and fancied in the local supermarket. I stewed up 4 plums and 4 apricots, then added blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. Put some oats in with the crumble as well. I shall be whipping up some cream to go with it.

A4820820-E528-432B-BA83-90A156C5DF34.jpeg

And you even cut up some bananas, dying some bits pink, to stand it on.

Now that's what I call 'going the extra mile'.

• 2 weeks later...