What are you eating tonight

froggg

52 minutes ago, Boycie said:

U wot m8?

All right, you can have one. You've got to give him credit for copying and pasting every ingredient - that took a lot of patience and served two purposes...

1. It got his post count up by several hundred
  2. It gave us a laugh when he misspelled 'Pak Choi'.

Beef Teriyaki tonight, with rice noodles.

No pics. Frankly it looked a bit messy as stir fries do, but it tasted really nice.

It was really just leftover vegetables chopped and sliced thinly - a carrot, half a courgette, mangetout, beans, a couple of mushrooms, a carrot, an onion, spring onions, a few green chillies, purple sprouting broccoli, half a kilo of real bargain basement beef (again, sliced really thinly) and the big copout - Amoy Teriyaki sauce and Amoy 'straight to wok' noodles.

I fried the beef in coconut oil and it looked really stringy and not very appetising (the big problem with home delivery, of course - I would have put it back if I was shopping), so I whipped up a beef stock and basically stewed the meat in it for an extra half an hour, then threw the veggies in and sautéed them for 5 minutes, chucked in the sauce and noodles, gave it a stir - job done.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

@froggg going to try Brisket on the BBQ this weekend, any tips? Have you tried it?

Not sure whether you've heard of MasterClass, but it's a learning resource where people at the top of their fields (Helen Mirren, Gordon Ramsay, Malcolm Gladwell, Hans Zimmer, Simone Biles, etc) teach you their craft. It's very pricey, but this video alone tempted me to buy in.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

@froggg going to try Brisket on the BBQ this weekend, any tips? Have you tried it?

I know you weren't asking me, but I saw Gino Gordon and Fred in the USA recently.

Wood, not coal. Low and slow, keeping the lid shut, brush the meat with marinade every hour, four hours minimum.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I know you weren't asking me, but I saw Gino Gordon and Fred in the USA recently.

Wood, not coal. Low and slow, keeping the lid shut, brush the meat with marinade every hour, four hours minimum.

The BBQ Pit Boys do it with coals, low and slow. Looks really nice but about 10 hours of cooking. 

Humble Pie and I'll be making it.

When my wife used literally one too many times I told her to stop being ridiculously that literally means literally ie without exception.

10 minutes later with a phone thrust under my nose - apparently it doesn't.

Literally, can indeed mean metaphorically.

It was changed.

FML.

And F Merriam Webster. 

38 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Humble Pie and I'll be making it.

When my wife used literally one too many times I told her to stop being ridiculously that literally means literally ie without exception.

10 minutes later with a phone thrust under my nose - apparently it doesn't.

Literally, can indeed mean metaphorically.

It was changed.

FML.

And F Merriam Webster. 

Don't give up the good fight. I stand with you, figuratively.

Tonight I am eating nothing

same as yesterday - nothing

same as Tuesday - nothing

same as Monday - nothing.

looking forward to eating nothing tomorrow

and possibly nothing over the weekend too.

P.s. I’m not very well.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Tonight I am eating nothing

same as yesterday - nothing

same as Tuesday - nothing

same as Monday - nothing.

looking forward to eating nothing tomorrow

and possibly nothing over the weekend too.

P.s. I’m not very well.

Bird Flu?

p.s. I hope you get well soon.