What are you eating tonight

froggg

6 minutes ago, Cisse said:

I recommend 1919 Angostura Rum for you if you are not familiar with it yet. A great taste and the aroma is from heaven.

Will try that one, thanks.  Have a very old small bottle of Angostura aromatic bitters saved for a worthy occasion

Going for a curry tomorrow night.

A Rogan Josh plus aloo patta gobhi served with saffron rice - because basically we had a food parcel delivered on Saturday which contained (amongst other things) a white cabbage, and a huge quantity of tomatoes. I thought about making sauerkraut or kimchi with the cabbage, but I haven't got any decent sea salt, so an Indian side-dish it is. Pics to follow (perhaps).

18 hours ago, Eddie said:

Going for a curry tomorrow night.

A Rogan Josh plus aloo patta gobhi served with saffron rice - because basically we had a food parcel delivered on Saturday which contained (amongst other things) a white cabbage, and a huge quantity of tomatoes. I thought about making sauerkraut or kimchi with the cabbage, but I haven't got any decent sea salt, so an Indian side-dish it is. Pics to follow (perhaps).

Didn't do saffron rice - I used Star Anise and cloves in the rice, then added a bit of lime juice. The Rogan Josh and the  Aloo Patta Gobhi side-dish were sooo tasty. Not hot but lovely. In the end I didn't use the cabbage - I had some Pak Choi which was looking a bit 'tired' so I used that instead.

1119977416_RoganJosh.thumb.jpg.b2344b010912985be969d75ea4c24305.jpg1473285371_AlooPattaGobhi.thumb.jpg.5f032f49d31c4df286bb691d2e060395.jpg

I like to see these little glimpses of peoples kitchens. 

I particularly like @Eddie 's at the moment, for the totally irrational reason that he has got a 'normal' cooker.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I like to see these little glimpses of peoples kitchens. 

I particularly like @Eddie 's at the moment, for the totally irrational reason that he has got a 'normal' cooker.

Poor pensioner - I'd love an Aga or some all-singing all-dancing induction hob like my son has got, but it'll never happen. At the end of the day though, the cooker is less important than the quality of the wok - and my big one is an absolute belter for less than £50.