Derby County v Leicester City (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

DEL

Not the ideal result considering the time we conceded and the fact we now have a replay but we're still in the cup. Worrying about injuries is pointless because it could happen in any game, they can't be wrapped in cotton wool at all times. With league and cup we're already on course for 52 league games now this season with the replay included. Is 1 game really going to make much difference to fitness levels? Add a potential three more in the play-offs, we're looking at up to 55 games this season. A game less isn't going to make or break it.

We were on the back foot most of the game against the PL champions who are also in the Champions League knockout rounds. The team that played is nearly the team that won them the league, minus Kante. They're not having a great season in the league, but they still have very good players. I'd rather the replay than lose, even if we're more likely to go out in the replay anyway.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Before the game they said Leicester were putting 2 players on Ince to try and nullify him - seems to be working, but you would think we would have plenty of space on the other side.

In fairness did alot of running back,but gad had an opportunity to shine tonight and it didn't happen

22 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Baird was superb. Three words I didn't think I'd find myself saying this time last season. Each cross caused a problem, kept the defence calm and dug us out of issues frequently.

Happy with the performance but what in god's name was Butterfield doing for the goal?

I'd agree with that. Probably the best I've seen Baird play in a Rams shirt. 

Archived