Derby County v Leicester City (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

DEL

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penalty is a tough one, I agree with @Bris Vegas that the arm is in a natural position especially as Huth was moving however the opposite of it is that Huth knows by leaving his arms out there he is gaining an advantage by blocking a potential shot. He has the option to put his arms behind his back like you often see defenders do know when they are blocking shots/crosses.

I think the decision was the right one in the end however.

Clattenburg just annoys me as a ref. I feel he has a look at me approach to the game and he missed some real blatant fouls tonight on our players by trying to let the game go. Don't get me wrong, far better than the rubbish in the Championship we see but just comes across quit smug. The Lino on the near side however, he needs lessons on how to lift your flag up!

Another positive is it was on the bbc, the neutral probably tuned in and it was a bloody good game of football

i live in manchester & when i tell people i support derby the next sentance is either something to do with 11 points or 'does that young lad still play for you, he's meant to be good' referring to hughes... or why derby? 

the neutral that knows nothing about derby will have watched that and thought actually these are a decent side & to be fair that performance makes me proud

i can go in work in monday and all the united & city fans will be like 'that was a good game you have some decent players, you were unlucky' rather than the ignorant comments by people that know nothing saying 'you're sh**e' 

im actually happy we turned up ... cheers lads 

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Another positive is it was on the bbc, the neutral probably tuned in and it was a bloody good game of football

i live in manchester & when i tell people i support derby the next sentance is either something to do with 11 points or 'does that young lad still play for you, he's meant to be good' referring to hughes... or why derby? 

the neutral that knows nothing about derby will have watched that and thought actually these are a decent side & to be fair that performance makes me proud

i can go in work in monday and all the united & city fans will be like 'that was a good game you have some decent players, you were unlucky' rather than the ignorant comments by people that know nothing saying 'you're sh**e' 

Best terrestrial TV performance I can remember from us for ages :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Same! The game was also being streamed on terrestrial TV across Europe (Eurosport), so I told all my European family and friends to watch. Glad the boys didn't let us down! 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

One thing, and yes I'm generalising here..... never known a bunch of plastics more than Leicester fans tonight...... inside and outside the ground, listening to them on way in and out was hilarious.....

Made me laugh too outside SS about 15 before KO, one older lad and his skin head son having a argument with a Derby fan and wanting "respect" and saying you don't talk to me like that and acting the big one..... pathetic from a bloke who must of been knocking way past 50 dressed as if he was 18. Got all mouthy when cops come over. 

Leicester - city of chavs.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Carson MOM for me.

hughes showed his quality.

gritty determined performance.

just lacking in a couple of areas.

Agree with this... We still need to improve in certain areas. But we do have a lot of quality with hughes ince and bent. And the defence is pretty good of course, Keogh pearce and Carson. 

5 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Same! The game was also being streamed on terrestrial TV across Europe (Eurosport), so I told all my European family and friends to watch. Glad the boys didn't let us down! 

I usually find myself going to the games and saying to my city & united friends... derby played well or will hughes is mint proper top player... then were on tv and we dont show up and they think "what a liar"  but the lads put in a good performance tonight

its disapointing not to get the win. But to come back from 1-0 down against WBA & tonght shows a togetherness and drive we didnt have under previous management 

i think if we'd have played the game last season & gone 1-0 down then we'd have gone on to lose three or four

cant fault the work rate and the desire from derby tonight & to be fair its something we didnt have under mac last time. We were good at dominating under mac but when the going got tough we apparently had a 'soft underbelly' 

also the pundits on the tv keep saying they played their strongest team and we played our strongest team... they seem to forget thorne (arguably him or hughes is our best player) is out, our first choice rb and lb is injured and our best striker is out on loan

not many sides would be 7th and knocking on the door of the playoffs with so many first team players out 

id just love a full season of a fully fit Thorne & hughes firing on all cylinders in the side... its something we havent really had for a consistent run of games 

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this but 

Vydra

He was out on his arse after being on the pitch for five minutes. He looked like he'd just run a marathon and yet he'd barely done a full length of the pitch. Seems to have gone up a shirt size as well since the turn of the year. Not knocking the bloke because I really want him to turn out to be a good signing but he's not doing himself any favours.

Hughes

I think he's my favourite footballer/human of all time. What he does with a football you can't teach and to dominate the Leicester midfield tonight shows just how lucky we are to have him.

Clattenburg

China are welcome to him.

Just wish we'd pushed a little further forward for the final 30 and offered more on the counter, we could've done them tonight! Even so, it's encouraging to see us turn out two good performances against two top half Prem teams in the cup so far. 

9 minutes ago, HuddersRam said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this but 

Vydra

He was out on his arse after being on the pitch for five minutes. He looked like he'd just run a marathon and yet he'd barely done a full length of the pitch. Seems to have gone up a shirt size as well since the turn of the year. Not knocking the bloke because I really want him to turn out to be a good signing but he's not doing himself any favours.

Hughes

I think he's my favourite footballer/human of all time. What he does with a football you can't teach and to dominate the Leicester midfield tonight shows just how lucky we are to have him.

Clattenburg

China are welcome to him.

Just wish we'd pushed a little further forward for the final 30 and offered more on the counter, we could've done them tonight! Even so, it's encouraging to see us turn out two good performances against two top half Prem teams in the cup so far. 

Should have been a peno, but clatter burg was ok apart from that. 

Archived