Derby County v Leicester City (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

DEL

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes comes off the water carrier comes on and we lose all creativity in midfield.

Looks like Hughes might be missing for Tuesday, not good, we gave Leicester a game in the 1st half but got our muscled in the 2nd.

Who's said we cannot play without Martin?

Both Bent and Ince played well together and Bryson played like he was back in 14/15 season

I still say we need another creative midfielder for us to move forward as a team, without Hughes we struggle.

2-2 fair result

Fair result. Bizarre goals we've conceded though. What was Bent doing? And Butterfield wasn't on the line for the equaliser. 

We looked solid in normal play. And had a penalty turned away. 

I saw little to hammer the players with. Hope Hughes is ok. Bryson scored a great goal. Olsson my man of the match.

Fair result. Players worked their socks off, but for most of the second half we just kept giving the ball away. Other than Hughes, Ince and arguably Baird we really don't have anyone else with the composure and confidence to hold and pass the ball. A nod to Bryson tonight though. Great effort from him and a nicely taken goal.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely, he extends his arm after the shots taken, basically saved it like a bloody goalie. His arm is by his side before the shot is taken, and his extends it as the ball gets nearer to him, couldn't be any more clearly deliberate imo

It wasn't handball, he couldn't move his arm out the way.

Watchagain and he's moving to his left. Stand up now, take a step to your left (a few sidesteps) and tell me if your right arm remains locked to your side. I guarantee it either doesn't, or if it did, you're purposely fixing your arm there in an unnatural sort of way.

There was absolutely no intent from Huth at all.

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Was it deliberate?

Does it matter? His hand was away from his body and clearly stopped a goal scoring opportunity? Fair enough if it was close to his body and hit at him....but that was certainly not the case. If it wasn't a penalty, I guess if i ever play professional football I will always leave my arm trailing and put my body more forward, much more chance of blocking the ball somehow

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

If Hughes is going to be out for awhile Butterfield seriously needs to up his game. Terrible performance and why was he 2 yards behind the goal line then duck?!?! 

You know I see stuff like that and it makes me wonder. I'm not accusing anybody of anything let's make that clear. But when you actually look like you're throwing a game then I think the manager needs to be having a stern word. I mean what can you do when you're not even on the pitch? What was actually going through his brain? Reminded me of Paul Williams in the playoffs but even worse, also against Leicester. 

We would have won this had Hughes stayed on. He is that important to the team thought we rode our luck at times after he went off. Also we had those bizarre patches where we cannot get the ball or string more than 2 passes together. Very strange, did that v Leeds.

3 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Does it matter? His hand was away from his body and clearly stopped a goal scoring opportunity? Fair enough if it was close to his body and hit at him....but that was certainly not the case. If it wasn't a penalty, I guess if i ever play professional football I will always leave my arm trailing and put my body more forward, much more chance of blocking the ball somehow

Hand away from body doesn't matter. Do you think footballers all play in the pencil position, with arms locked by their sides? Of course they don't.

I mentioned this in a post above. Stand up, take  sidestep to your left (as Huth was moving in that direction) and I guarantee that the moment your left leg moves, your right arm naturally moves away from your side.

Try it. It was totally unavoidable from Huth's part. You can't give handball for that, as what's the alternative? Every plays football in the pencil position or without arms...

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It wasn't handball, he couldn't move his arm out the way.

Watchagain and he's moving to his left. Stand up now, take a step to your left (a few sidesteps) and tell me if your right arm remains locked to your side. I guarantee it either doesn't, or if it did, you're purposely fixing your arm there in an unnatural sort of way.

There was absolutely no intent from Huth at all.

I've watched it multiple times and there's no way his arm should move that much, it's not like it's a little outstretched- it's pretty much fully extended- not sure he totally intended to stop the ball, but his hand is defiantly in an unnatural position in my view, and it seems Mac agrees

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you watch the replays - before the ball comes in he has his arm/hand by his leg, when the ball comes at him his arm is raised. Handball.

If you have your eyes open when you watch the replays it clearly comes off his hip first then hits his hand. If anything he was moving his hand away from the balls initial trajectory.

first glance I thought it was a penalty but the ref was spot on in not giving it

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you watch the replays - before the ball comes in he has his arm/hand by his leg, when the ball comes at him his arm is raised. Handball.

Exactly what I've been saying, the fact its by his side before the ball is hit and then he moves it out makes it a clear handball in my view

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Hand away from body doesn't matter. Do you think footballers all play in the pencil position, with arms locked by their sides? Of course they don't.

I mentioned this in a post above. Stand up, take  sidestep to your left (as Huth was moving in that direction) and I guarantee that the moment your left leg moves, your right arm naturally moves away from your side.

Try it. It was totally unavoidable from Huth's part. You can't give handball for that, as what's the alternative? Every plays football in the pencil position or without arms...

The problem is, I've seen that given hundreds of times, and can you say it isn't intentional???

If I was a defender there is definitely a certain way I would play if I could get away with that every week....and of course, it wouldn't be deliberate! so ref don't give any penalties against me.

Archived