Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

When I mentioned Leeds had big important players out too.. (Jansson, Sacko, Taylor, Cooper) I forgot to mention O'Kane being injured who would usually start ahead of Vieira, and Vieira totally bosses that midfield. Says it all. Leeds are better! But we need to pluck up and quick before the play offs start getting further away.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I can't see any way back after the performance. Even if CHRIS MARTIN comes back it won't make a damn bit of difference. The biggest problem we have is the short sightedness of our manager. Time and time again his one dimensional tactics are costing us and until we improve our managerial setup - we ain't going up. Vydra, Bent, Camara - all should be listed. Is Nugent the answer?... Not on today's evidence. The midfield ALL need replacing. Cash in on Will while he still has some value. Give Bradley Johnson away - terrible player. Ship Hanson back to the under 15's or wherever he came from and put Shackell in a box somewhere.

I'm going to bed embarrassed tonight. Whether I'll wake up a Derby supporter in the morning... I just don't know anymore.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine, there's a place you will fit right in . It's called the squawk in 6.00 pm radio Derby on Monday.  Your sought of people. 

19 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I can't see any way back after the performance. Even if CHRIS MARTIN comes back it won't make a damn bit of difference. The biggest problem we have is the short sightedness of our manager. Time and time again his one dimensional tactics are costing us and until we improve our managerial setup - we ain't going up. Vydra, Bent, Camara - all should be listed. Is Nugent the answer?... Not on today's evidence. The midfield ALL need replacing. Cash in on Will while he still has some value. Give Bradley Johnson away - terrible player. Ship Hanson back to the under 15's or wherever he came from and put Shackell in a box somewhere.

I'm going to bed embarrassed tonight. Whether I'll wake up a Derby supporter in the morning... I just don't know anymore.

You been drinking Parsnip? 

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and that was totally abysmal. I watched the match with my Leeds mate and you could see that we missed Will Hughes from the start. I dont know what everyone else thinks but Bryson is such a mediocre player these days. We need to improve vastly to make the playoffs and 433 needs fine tuning because tonight it was found out big time!

1 minute ago, JPRamFan said:

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and that was totally abysmal. I watched the match with my Leeds mate and you could see that we missed Will Hughes from the start. I dont know what everyone else thinks but Bryson is such a mediocre player these days. We need to improve vastly to make the playoffs and 433 needs fine tuning because tonight it was found out big time!

On what is a rather sour night, welcome to the forum. You've found the forum at its happiest, it has something relevant to complain about. (As opposed to when we have nothing to complain about yet do so anyway) 

55 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Hendrick was anonymous in 75% of his matches.

He was especially anonymous when the rest of the team was struggling.

Absolute rubbish. Yes he was inconsistent at times but 75% of matches!!! Give me a break. We missed him badly tonight, he would have taken the fight to Leeds. If Bryson was performing well then we wouldn't need Hendrick, however Bryson is a shadow of his former self, Hendrick has gone and as a result, our midfield is found wanting. We desperately need a box to box midfielder, Lansbury (won't happen now gumps takeover has fallen through), Mutch, Mowatt (only on bench for Leeds at the mo) other potential stars in Europe (Carl Sagan any suggestions?) don't care who but that is what we are lacking right now, along with Chris Martin and our full backs injury free.

Leeds were very good tonight, reminiscent of Derby when McClaren first took over, they're a force and we need to step up.

We will get there but this squad needs surgery, an unbalanced midfield and far too many strikers/forwards who we've paid big money and big wages for who don't play!

1 minute ago, Alex W said:

On what is a rather sour night, welcome to the forum. You've found the forum at its happiest, it has something relevant to complain about. (As opposed to when we have nothing to complain about yet do so anyway) 

Hey Alex,

Yeah I've been following the forum for a while and tonight I'm really pissed of by our performance. I couldn't help but say to my mate that they reminded me of Derby in 2013/2014. 

Poor team selection. To pick Camara, given the left back situation, away at Leeds was asking for trouble. Why was Pearce dropped? Why do we need Nugent? Some players not motivated. Management team need to get a grip before it goes pear-shaped again.

40 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Cash in on Will Hughes? our best player? How can you judge Nugent after 20 minutes or whatever? Bent- scores goals. TERRIBLE POST

44 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What? What has the price of Vydra to do with it?

He said monk had a full teansfer window put it in to perspective etc... but if you want to argue it the other way monk didnt have £8m to spend in one player

anyway i was only joshing in my first post but one or two wanted jump on the back of it and start going off on one 

33 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I'm sorted and I'm still claiming McClaren is taking us nowhere, and I'm not making that judgement on this game, I thought it when he first joined us as a Coach from Q.P.R. and I thought it when he rejoined this season. I just don't think he will get Derby County promoted, I think we are top 10 team at best, and we lack the physical and mental strength and when Tom Ince kicked out and retaliated like David Beckhams sending off for England, that summed up where we are as a team, when the tough get going, we are still lacking very much in that department.

I'll stick to what I said a couple of seasons ago, until we sell Ince and Bent, we will not get promoted.

If Newcastle are willing to pay £8m for Tom Ince, for me it's time to sell, Hull City moved him on, and moved up to the Premiership. 

My context is, we were a better team, when we played Leeds a year ago, and drew 2-2, hopefully you say it's just one game, but Wigan, Norwich, Leeds is 3 games, and you only have to look at how quickly we fell away, last time under McClaren, when it got tough, we didn't get going.

Sell Ince? He's been a fantastic player this season and is our top scorer. Bent is our second top scorer! And you want to sell both?? Glad you're not manager if you think selling Ince for 8mil is a good bit of business. He's been consistently playing well for many games now.

Archived