Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What? What has the price of Vydra to do with it?

Because Leeds haven't spent £8m in overall transfers over the past 3 transfer windows yet they are still better than us. We can say we had players injured etc but so did they! They had a youngster playing his first game of the season at right back, and a right back playing centre half. Jansson was out who is in my opinion the best centre half in the league. Sacko, Cooper and Taylor (who is one of the best full backs in the league) were all out! Leeds have a much smaller squad than us so they've been forced to play youth players through out the season yet they are still better than out multi million pound signings! 

That Pablo Hernandez is streets ahead of anything we have. Bridcutt and Vieira in midfield were totally dominant! Roofe was running us ragged! Doukara was knocking our players out the way, and they have a clinical striker in Chris Wood! They won the game cause they deserved to win, they are better than us. And trust me it pisses me off to say Leeds United are a good side cause I ******* hate them.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I can't see any way back after the performance. Even if CHRIS MARTIN comes back it won't make a damn bit of difference. The biggest problem we have is the short sightedness of our manager. Time and time again his one dimensional tactics are costing us and until we improve our managerial setup - we ain't going up. Vydra, Bent, Camara - all should be listed. Is Nugent the answer?... Not on today's evidence. The midfield ALL need replacing. Cash in on Will while he still has some value. Give Bradley Johnson away - terrible player. Ship Hanson back to the under 15's or wherever he came from and put Shackell in a box somewhere.

I'm going to bed embarrassed tonight. Whether I'll wake up a Derby supporter in the morning... I just don't know anymore.

So basically sell everyone then!

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Hughes lorded over our midfield in that second half, terrible decision to bench him.

Hughes was an improvement to what we had in the first half, but in no way was he a class above! Bridcutt and Vieira basically shackled him after the first 10mins of the second half. Only shining light from that game for me was Keogh 

6 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I can't see any way back after the performance. Even if CHRIS MARTIN comes back it won't make a damn bit of difference. The biggest problem we have is the short sightedness of our manager. Time and time again his one dimensional tactics are costing us and until we improve our managerial setup - we ain't going up. Vydra, Bent, Camara - all should be listed. Is Nugent the answer?... Not on today's evidence. The midfield ALL need replacing. Cash in on Will while he still has some value. Give Bradley Johnson away - terrible player. Ship Hanson back to the under 15's or wherever he came from and put Shackell in a box somewhere.

I'm going to bed embarrassed tonight. Whether I'll wake up a Derby supporter in the morning... I just don't know anymore.

If that's how you feel don't bother waking up! WUM 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

They won 1-0 and we had a goal disallowed.

There are some real sad fookers on here tonight. Get a grip on yourselves and smell where we've come from this season!

Regardless of the final score did you watch the f*cking game?! In the first half they spanked us and could have been 2 or 3 up! Then we got into the game for the first 10mins of the second half and then again they had us under control. An injury plagued, makeshift back 4 kept us at bay. Shocking.

1 minute ago, Magic Hat said:

Hughes was an improvement to what we had in the first half, but in no way was he a class above! Bridcutt and Vieira basically shackled him after the first 10mins of the second half. Only shining light from that game for me was Keogh 

I said he lorded over our midfield, not theirs. Our midfield was bad enough that even though he didn't dominate the game he was still a class above the rest.

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Please wake up has a supporter of some other team because that is not support 

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

42 quid's worth of crap though. :thumbsup:

I think we should have some sympathy and show a great deal of respect for those Rams inside Elland Road tonight.

It's a cold cold night and they've not had anything to take comfort from.

Safe journey back all.

Still travelling - bloody roadworks! 

2 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Saw Johnson had left his man to made a late attempt to cover, keogh and shackell were marking the two centre backs!

get over myself?! You're the one claiming maclaren taking us nowhere, lost about 2 in 16. Sort yourself out, it's been poor but is one game. Get some context 

I'm sorted and I'm still claiming McClaren is taking us nowhere, and I'm not making that judgement on this game, I thought it when he first joined us as a Coach from Q.P.R. and I thought it when he rejoined this season. I just don't think he will get Derby County promoted, I think we are top 10 team at best, and we lack the physical and mental strength and when Tom Ince kicked out and retaliated like David Beckhams sending off for England, that summed up where we are as a team, when the tough get going, we are still lacking very much in that department.

I'll stick to what I said a couple of seasons ago, until we sell Ince and Bent, we will not get promoted.

If Newcastle are willing to pay £8m for Tom Ince, for me it's time to sell, Hull City moved him on, and moved up to the Premiership. 

My context is, we were a better team, when we played Leeds a year ago, and drew 2-2, hopefully you say it's just one game, but Wigan, Norwich, Leeds is 3 games, and you only have to look at how quickly we fell away, last time under McClaren, when it got tough, we didn't get going.

5 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

Because Leeds haven't spent £8m in overall transfers over the past 3 transfer windows yet they are still better than us. We can say we had players injured etc but so did they! They had a youngster playing his first game of the season at right back, and a right back playing centre half. Jansson was out who is in my opinion the best centre half in the league. Sacko, Cooper and Taylor (who is one of the best full backs in the league) were all out! Leeds have a much smaller squad than us so they've been forced to play youth players through out the season yet they are still better than out multi million pound signings! 

That Pablo Hernandez is streets ahead of anything we have. Bridcutt and Vieira in midfield were totally dominant! Roofe was running us ragged! Doukara was knocking our players out the way, and they have a clinical striker in Chris Wood! They won the game cause they deserved to win, they are better than us. And trust me it pisses me off to say Leeds United are a good side cause I ******* hate them.

Well said @Magic Hat

Sometimes we will get beaten by other teams......reading got beaten by qpr for heaven's sake.

Smc is still trying to sort this team out with a bunch of players far more badly matched than the clough team he inherited last time and with his best striker awol...

Give him time to get the team aligned and sort it out.

We are in a better place than we were under the nightmare that was Pearson....never forget that bit!

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Sometimes we will get beaten by other teams......reading got beaten by qpr for heaven's sake.

Smc is still trying to sort this team out and a bunch of players far more badly matched than the slough team he inherited last time and with his best striker awol...

Give him time to get the team aligned and sort it out.

We a 're in a better place than we were under the nightmare that was Pearson....never forget that bit!

Never forget? They're to busy apportioning blame.

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I think you make some valid points - if a bit over melodramatic. 

Most of these players are not mac's picks. And as a consequence of the past 2 season's turbulence we have a squad with no identity or cohesion. 

Can't sort all of it out in one window. 

I would trade any thought of promotion for some evidence of team progress in terms of identifiable style and consistent performance levels. Remember mac quoting that it was performances he wanted - get those right and results will take care of themselves. 

It will be as important to identify and remove players who cannot fit into mcclarens vision for the team. Sounds like there could be a few and they may not be easy to move on. But it can't be good for the squad morale to continue to carry misfits. 

Archived