Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

How can a player be comfortable. He can be sold at any point. He could have no game time and then at the end of that contract he will be looking for a contract at a much lower wage. If he's sold it will be down the leagues not up. There's no benefit to sitting on a 4 year contract at his age.

Same with Ince. Confused about his role, not really feeling he could influence games, things keep going wrong, seeing the team lose... it effects your instincts and your belief.

He didn't decide he couldn't be bothered either. 

He can't be sold at any point. He's got a 4 year contract. If he doesn't want to move, he doesn't

I'm not saying he's sitting on it. It's not exclusive to him. It's quite common, especially after loan moves. 

If he put that extra bit of effort in then who knows what might of happened tonight.

It really wasn't that bad considering everything. It definitely wasn't good but there are obvious reasons for it, Shackell ahead of Pearce was a poor decision in my eyes, Hanson at LB was torn a new one but he's barely a RB, nevermind a lb against Pablo Hernandez, give him a break. He was also doubled up on repeatedly. 

Camara terrible, tried one thing over and over. Ball wouldn't stick, with Hughes at least one of those midfielders could play. De Sart went to ground too much for me, needs to learn not to and to gain a stone or so by the look of him. I'd have still kept him on and lost Bryson for the second half, Johnson could've done some running. At least then two players can play the ball. 

Bad day at the office, compounded by tactics. Also, Vydra isn't a left winger. He's a striker who works in a two. That's it. Like that he's useful, if not he's not at all useful. We either use him like that or forget it and sell this window. 

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Not really; meritocracy means you have to reward players who came in and did a job V WBA. So keep the same side...it's just a blip. Re-group. 1-0 away defeat at Leeds is no shame. No need to panic. 

I'm not panicking. But in a Meritocracy, Pearce should've been back in, as should Hughes. As they have been the best players in those positions all season. Not for just one game. You can understand Camara, As he had a good game against wba and Rusell hasn't had the best of times this season. And no-on can blame Hanson as he's barely played any first team football and is draughted in as a 5th choice left back, poor sod.  But my point about questioning the management is not just about selection, or even formation, but just making sure some players help others out. Double up at times. Track back. And most importantly keep possession. We were more like a game of  ping pong than a notablly fluid passing side. CP or SM could've calmed them down. Told them to exploit some areas and avoid others. We had no real direction, focus or outlet in attack.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

If Hendrick was there tonight you wouldn't have known it, exactly the sort of match where he disspeared and exactly the reason why we sold him

Nah, would have stamped on that match for me...... would have offered an outlet for a start 

8 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I did find it rather amusing when they kept mentioning how dominant Leeds were yet we had more possession. ??

Yes... Leeds had more of it in our half but carson was never really stretched was he, no goal line clearancs or hitting the woodwork or anything like that. Sure they beat us fair and square but FFS anyone would have thought they battered us the way the sky guys carried on. But sure we need to get players back and others in form or shipped out. What has happened to andi weimann? 

That first half was probably one of the worst Derby County performances I have seen since the Reading game (Macs last game in charge during his first spell at the club). Disgraceful for want of a better word. How Leeds were not well out of sight I will never know. 15 mins in 2nd half turned it around slightly then back to the first half performance. In the first half Leeds made us look like a very poor Sunday league team. Total rubbish.

Possibly one of the worst performances of the season, the first half possibly for a few seasons.

Leeds are a good side, but having said that we had a number of players that were found to be wanting tonight, Baird and Hanson although both filling in their positions, looked like they should not playing full backs. The boro lad looked out of place at DM, Bryson now showing his age, Bent although full of running, had nothing to feed of because our midfield lacks any creativity especially in the 1st half, Hughes made a slight difference in the first 15 min after HT, then was bullied off the ball too often. And Camara, who on earth was responsible  for buying him, the more I see of him, the more he looks like a division 1 player, absolutely shocking!

If Pearson was still in charge tonight we would be saying how clueless he is, but i don't blame Mac - it's not entirely the managers fault, once those players cross that white line they have to take responsibility on the pitch.

I have said it more than once, we do look like an average championship side, those that think we can get promotion are living in fantasy land.

1 minute ago, Stripperg-ram said:

I'm not panicking. But in a Meritocracy, Pearce should've been back in, as should Hughes. As they have been the best players in those positions all season. Not for just one game. You can understand Camara, As he had a good game against wba and Rusell hasn't had the best of times this season. And no-on can blame Hanson as he's barely played any first team football and is draughted in as a 5th choice left back, poor sod.  But my point about questioning the management is not just about selection, or even formation, but just making sure some players help others out. Double up at times. Track back. And most importantly keep possession. We were more like a game of  ping pong than a notablly fluid passing side. CP or SM could've calmed them down. Told them to exploit some areas and avoid others. We had no real direction, focus or outlet in attack.

Agreed. Shackell V Pearce a close call. Possibly Pearce should have got the nod...result a 0-0. Vydra needs to be shipped out. Square peg in a round world. Always pick Hughes when available. 

Tonight shows where we struggle when the full backs are not comfortable going forward. 

If Christie and Forsyth were bombing forward causing defenders problems, then the whole dynamic of how Leeds set up, changes. 

Leeds were a decent side, for the first half we looked like a team of strangers.

Hughes is such an important player if we want to push for play offs, but I reckon this season there are 6 better teams than us. 

Archived