Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

went to the match last night , and while disappointed with the performance , btw i thought leeds were very good , im more disappointed with some of the stuff posted on here , yes some have apologised this morning and i do understand the frustration , but singling out players and saying they should never play for us again is disgraceful , the likes of shacks and razza were having their bacsides kissed on here last week ,now suddenly they should never play for us again ,priceless . the likes of vydra and brys need a steady run of games to get back to their best , not one game here , 10 mins there etc . Come on Rams fans this is football , ups and downs , we have no divine right to win every game , mac is learning about this squad all the time , he will get it right , get behind the club and the team , we can still do this , COYR

4 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

His hand was high, would have been different if his hand was in a natural position, which it was not. No goal. As soon as I saw it I thought 'f*ck that's gonna be disallowed'

But the ref ignored a couple of 'ball to hand' against them. The keeper hit it at Bent, we were unlucky to have it disallowed, imo. :)

4 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

His hand was high, would have been different if his hand was in a natural position, which it was not. No goal. As soon as I saw it I thought 'f*ck that's gonna be disallowed'

When I saw it I jumped up and ran around the pub with my jumper over my head. I felt a bit of a title when it was disallowed. 

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

When I saw it I jumped up and ran around the pub with my jumper over my head. I felt a bit of a title when it was disallowed. 

Haha :D I was cheering in the stadium! Just hoping that the ref didn't notice, sadly he did.

Maybe we are not as good as Leeds, but at least we're better than the scum in red (Forest)

Rumours on twitter that McClaren is a Leeds fan? ******* hell they're everywhere!

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Interesting; haven't felt like a title since 1974-5

1 hour ago, Magic Hat said:

left

I understand Leeds were playing players out of position also but because we didn't have any possession in midfield we didn't give ourselves opportunities to exploit this. I think the performance was bad we looked like strangers on the pitch and to be honest I felt that maclaren made the mistake of  selecting a team based on the victory in the cup. But How many times did Leeds actually open us up? We looked vulnerable from set pieces which were largely conceded because they were able to attack down the flanks particularly our left hand side and because neither Bryson or Johnson are able to keep possession of the football it kept coming back at us. We then resorted to long balls up to bent or Ince which were far too easy to defend against. I felt that when Hughes came on it should have been for Johnson or Bryson because with Hughes and de sart we could have potentially started to gain some possession and maybe push them back. We were well beaten in the end and we played badly and I swore in front of my stepson a few times to his amusement and my wife's annoyance but I try and keep things in perspective. Although sky have already crowned Leeds playoff winners for 2016/17 it wouldn't surprise me to see us beat them in the playoff final 

Whilst disappointed with the result, think it showed how key some players are to us. As soon as Hughes can on we looked a different side, I can forgive Mac for not starting him as he didn't want to risk him from the start. 

Think it shows the importance of getting our left backs fit too. I really rate Hanson and he has decent distribution and a faultless attitude but he isn't a full back, think he needs to get a run of games in midfield as he has the potential to be a quality player. 

I also think that game shows why Martin coming back or someone similar in this team is vital. In the first half we didn't have an out ball when under pressure and that is why we conceded constant pressure and eventually their goal.

So hopefully we bring Martin back or someone similar (Nugent could even be that man short term), get the left backs fit and possibly find a younger Bryson (love him but hasn't looked up to it recently). 

People have to remember we are playing a side who are quality at home and on a good run and we had a side stretched thin by injuries and suspensions. We just need to show a bit more desire away from home to play slightly more defensive and counter attack as we looked very open yesterday. 

We have the makings of a good team and are so close to finding that consistency, like shown by our brilliant unbeaten run previously. COYR. 

9 minutes ago, Spenno said:

I understand Leeds were playing players out of position also but because we didn't have any possession in midfield we didn't give ourselves opportunities to exploit this. I think the performance was bad we looked like strangers on the pitch and to be honest I felt that maclaren made the mistake of  selecting a team based on the victory in the cup. But How many times did Leeds actually open us up? We looked vulnerable from set pieces which were largely conceded because they were able to attack down the flanks particularly our left hand side and because neither Bryson or Johnson are able to keep possession of the football it kept coming back at us. We then resorted to long balls up to bent or Ince which were far too easy to defend against. I felt that when Hughes came on it should have been for Johnson or Bryson because with Hughes and de sart we could have potentially started to gain some possession and maybe push them back. We were well beaten in the end and we played badly and I swore in front of my stepson a few times to his amusement and my wife's annoyance but I try and keep things in perspective. Although sky have already crowned Leeds playoff winners for 2016/17 it wouldn't surprise me to see us beat them in the playoff final 

Wouldn't surprise me if Leeds fought for automatic promotion, I thought they destroyed us for 80mins! (And they did the same to Villa and Reading, both my bro in laws support them and told me they both had a hard time v Leeds) If some of those chances fell to anyone but their centre half then it could have been 3-0 at half time. And that's a make shift Leeds 11! Honestly, I don't want to play them again! Would much rather play Reading or Huddersfield at the moment.. They play to our style! Leeds and their quick closing down and brilliant set pieces are not suited to our game. 

Wish I had your optimism, mate. We have to make sure we're in the play offs first regardless. And it has to be better than what we saw last night!

Agreed about Russell! Always been a Russell fan to be honest.. gives his all going forward and back, unlike some. (Not gonna slaughter certain players because I felt the whole team were all over the place last night)

Leeds pressed us up the park all night, another reason why Pearce should of been in the side his passing ability is 10 times better than shackells, Hanson got torn a new one with no help from Abdul, it was a very of night from most, very unfair to single out 1 single player, Carson had a good game AGAIN, mad to think some think we need a new GK my player of season so far along with Keogh 

6 minutes ago, Magic Hat said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Leeds fought for automatic promotion, I thought they destroyed us for 80mins! (And they did the same to Villa and Reading, both my bro in laws support them and told me they both had a hard time v Leeds) If some of those chances fell to anyone but their centre half then it could have been 3-0 at half time. And that's a make shift Leeds 11! Honestly, I don't want to play them again! Would much rather play Reading or Huddersfield at the moment.. They play to our style! Leeds and their quick closing down and brilliant set pieces are not suited to our game. 

Wish I had your optimism, mate. We have to make sure we're in the play offs first regardless. And it has to be better than what we saw last night!

Agreed about Russell! Always been a Russell fan to be honest.. gives his all going forward and back, unlike some. (Not gonna slaughter certain players because I felt the whole team were all over the place last night)

Yeah but you're not taking into account how badly we played.

First half we were as bad as I've seen us all season. What a disappointment. When Leeds came to Derby I thought they were a good side. Better than I seen them in the past. 

I am sure they will be challenging at the end of the season.  But we were awful more or less threw the game away in the first half. 

Just now, Gritters said:

Yeah but you're not taking into account how badly we played.

First half we were as bad as I've seen us all season. What a disappointment. When Leeds came to Derby I thought they were a good side. Better than I seen them in the past. 

I am sure they will be challenging at the end of the season.  But we were awful more or less threw the game away in the first half. 

Yeah, for as good as they were (probably the best side I've seen this season and I travel to most aways) we were awful. Just lucky it was only 1 goal from our goal difference! They took 2 each from Villa and Reading, and 4 against Preston in the last couple of weeks.

If we're going to get to the play offs, it will be by replacing either Hudderfield or Sheffield Wednesday. Probably Sheffield Wednesday because like us they spend mental money on players who do nothing but take their high wages every week. Regardless, todays game Huddersfield v Sheffield Wed is worth keeping an eye on for our sake.

17 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Whilst disappointed with the result, think it showed how key some players are to us. As soon as Hughes can on we looked a different side, I can forgive Mac for not starting him as he didn't want to risk him from the start. 

Think it shows the importance of getting our left backs fit too. I really rate Hanson and he has decent distribution and a faultless attitude but he isn't a full back, think he needs to get a run of games in midfield as he has the potential to be a quality player. 

I also think that game shows why Martin coming back or someone similar in this team is vital. In the first half we didn't have an out ball when under pressure and that is why we conceded constant pressure and eventually their goal.

So hopefully we bring Martin back or someone similar (Nugent could even be that man short term), get the left backs fit and possibly find a younger Bryson (love him but hasn't looked up to it recently). 

People have to remember we are playing a side who are quality at home and on a good run and we had a side stretched thin by injuries and suspensions. We just need to show a bit more desire away from home to play slightly more defensive and counter attack as we looked very open yesterday. 

We have the makings of a good team and are so close to finding that consistency, like shown by our brilliant unbeaten run previously. COYR. 

Absolutely, Will Hughes is key to the side.. different gravy in that midfield.

Him signing a new 3 and half year deal is the best news to come out of the club this week.

Archived