Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

He can't be sold at any point. He's got a 4 year contract. If he doesn't want to move, he doesn't

I'm not saying he's sitting on it. It's not exclusive to him. It's quite common, especially after loan moves. 

If he put that extra bit of effort in then who knows what might of happened tonight.

If he doesn't want to be sold but we don't want him then he's got 4 years of no football. Imagine his next contract. Imagine how much football will have forgotten him in 4 years. 

He is putting effort in. He's just a player that doesn't fit in woeful form. You won't find many rate Vydra as low as I do. But he wants to be the best player in the world. He wants to be top scorer and get a £30m move to Chelsea. He hasnt downed tools. He just doesn't believe he can contribute. He doesn't suit the role he's being asked and he's gone months without walking off the pitch proud of his involvement. He's seen all his shots saved and miss. Some were sitters

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CWC1983 said:

Tonight shows where we struggle when the full backs are not comfortable going forward. 

If Christie and Forsyth were bombing forward causing defenders problems, then the whole dynamic of how Leeds set up, changes. 

Leeds were a decent side, for the first half we looked like a team of strangers.

Hughes is such an important player if we want to push for play offs, but I reckon this season there are 6 better teams than us. 

Spot on, roofe and doukara didn't have to go in there own half all night, attacking fullbacks big part of the way we play

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm hugely pissed off right now, was hoping for a proper reaction after the Norwich game, but we were totally outplayed and outfought today, weren't up for it from minute one and all the players need to take a long look at themselves over the last two performances. Two sending offs in two games is just not good enough, we're losing our heads as a team when we're down, we seem to not have the charectar and mental strength to get back into games. 

Carson 7: Some good saves and one of the only players to come out with credit

Baird 5: lack of pace exposed and also some poor passing

Keogh 6: tried his best but didn't get forward enough

Shackell 6: same as keogh

Hanson 2: Please to god don't play him at left back again, torn inside out 

De sart 4: didn't get control of the game at all, passing dreadful early on

Johnson 5: Broke up play but passing very poor 

Bryson 2: Please just sell him, totally past it, passing all over the place, negative and poor decision making

Ince 7: Did everything he could when he got the ball, our only threat once again

Camara 1: worst performance I've seen of a Derby player in a long time, offered nothing offensively or defensively

Bent 5: barely touched the ball

Subs

Hughes 7: Made a difference early on, not a lot he could do tho

Vydra 2: Poor attitude and no effect on the game at all

Nugent 5: never got the ball

Overall we look to have all of a sudden gone from a good team into a total disorganised mess, and I hope we can turn it around but there's a lot of work to be done to sort this team out...

Very accurate as far as I'm concerned, think you got it spot on there mate. I'm gutted also, best wishes to our fans that went. Get home safely people. It does perplex me though. I know we are better than that. I'm not negative without just cause but now I need recovery time!! 

1 minute ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Hendrick was anonymous in 75% of his matches.

He was especially anonymous when the rest of the team was struggling.

Was 2nd best midfielder at club when sold...... he's got a prem move..... 200 hundred appearances under belt here..... but no he's anonymous and not consistent. 

Yet we cheerlead over Bryson, Thorne.....

Completely underrated by our lot. Hope Burnley stay up..... correct move for him 

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Was 2nd best midfielder at club when sold...... he's got a prem move..... 200 hundred appearances under belt here..... but no he's anonymous and not consistent. 

Yet we cheerlead over Bryson, Thorne.....

Completely underrated by our lot. Hope Burnley stay up..... correct move for him 

Thorne is ten times as influential. Bryson I have no time for. We need better midfielders.

Diabolical. Struggling to praise anyone. 

Midfield non existent. Striker non existent. No width. Shackell awful. Bryson worse. Subs somehow made us worse. 

Weird. 

And no Butterfield or Russell to blame. 

Ince my MOM. 

I have had a few shandies though. Even had a dance in the away end with one of our scapegoats. UTR

21 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Not really; meritocracy means you have to reward players who came in and did a job V WBA. So keep the same side...it's just a blip. Re-group. 1-0 away defeat at Leeds is no shame. No need to panic. 

After the game Steve said there werent any changes he could make from wba (Butters suspended, Hughes just back from injury, all lbs injured, rb injured), so played the same team after they did so well last game out.

Hopefully the midfield at least will be semi back to normal next game.

Hughes for his whole 45 minutes, was everywhere. Think there was a stat going around today about his tackling success in the league this year and you could really see it. Covering every blade of grass - disrupting play. Even if he missed a tackle, his position was such that their play would break down or have to switch it start again.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws here, but for all his notable passing and vision and creation, his defensive play is really quite something 

One of those nights where nothing went right-glad I didn't go. Bet the journey home for our fans will be fun!! I think Steve Mac got the team selection wrong. Hanson and Camara's weaknesses were exploited well by Leeds in the first half. We didn't get a grip in the midfield. Our passing reminded me of the first leg in the play offs v Hull. Either scuffing passes, under hitting or over hitting them and quite often just passing to one of their players. De Sat seemed off the pace and Bryson was just invisible. I would have played Pearce with Keogh at right back and Baird left back. Would have given us a bit more height and strength. We were a bit better for the first 15 mins of the second half but if there was going to be a second goal it would have been for them. A 1-0 hiding really. Very disappointing and in front of the tv cameras for everyone to see. Still a long way to go. We have players coming back from injury and with a couple of additions before the deadline it's still all to play for....

Feel bad for the hammering Hanson is getting. Just can't help thinking, surely... SURELY we would have been better off with Shackell at left back tonight and Pearce in the middle. For sure, Shacks wouldn't have been gallivanting up the wing, but Hanson didn't, so we may as well have gone for the solid option and made Shacks sit at left back? Wouldn't have been roasted half the times Hanson was

3 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Tonight shows where we struggle when the full backs are not comfortable going forward. 

If Christie and Forsyth were bombing forward causing defenders problems, then the whole dynamic of how Leeds set up, changes. 

Leeds were a decent side, for the first half we looked like a team of strangers.

Hughes is such an important player if we want to push for play offs, but I reckon this season there are 6 better teams than us. 

Agree.

Tonight also showed some promising kid from Borough isn't as comfortable in the middle as Johnson was against a team like Leeds. Bryson is lost without Martin, him and Johnson didn't work further forward but neither did Hughes as a pairing, just didn't link with anyone cocnsistently. Ramage made the point Camara was hauled off but got no service, neither did Bent in truth.

Shackell doesn't move us forward quickly either, you could pick holes in so much. Looked slightly better balance start of 2nd half but lost composure and silly petulant fouls crept in.

One to consign to the rubbish bin, nobody can sugar coat tonight but just got to move on to Reading. 

C.O.Y.R

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

After the game Steve said there werent any changes he could make from wba (Butters suspended, Hughes just back from injury, all lbs injured, rb injured), so played the same team after they did so well last game out.

Hopefully the midfield at least will be semi back to normal next game.

Apart from Bradders suspension....

Credit where credits due. Leeds played well tonight but crikey how they're are creaming themselves, we were poor, terrible in fact. Now that wasn't down to their tactics, they didn't stop us playing or negate our play. We just forgot how to play football. It was like the team suffered a 90 minute bout of amnesia. 

If that was the best they've played for a long long time then I wouldn't be getting too excited, had we turned up anywhere near our potential with a fit squad I would be confident of getting a result there. 

However, this is football, they won, we lost. 

1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Do some people really expect us to win every week with blistering quality and intensity... 

Yes :p

Archived