Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

They're all rubbish... we need to sell them all

when are we going to sign some real hero's where is the next clod Davies or craig fagan

we lost to the better side, it wasnt our day it happens only last week our reserves were good enough for the prem after beating WBA. One week on and were relegation fodders. Think we all need to chill out. We'll ger better lets not panic   

I know. Some of you want to try watching York City for a good few years and see how you feel then. :lol:;)

Tonight was world class when you think about some of the cack I've seen. :)

Just now, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I know. Some of you want to try watching York City for a good few years and see how you feel then. :lol:;)

Tonight was world class when you think about some of the cack I've seen. :)

You're obviously too young to remember the liquid football we played under john gregory & paul jewell 

Not happy with that...a ****** free header from a corner! Time and time again we were letting their player's cross the ball into our ****** box...it was bound to bite us at some stage... albeit from a set piece. Hanson ain't no right back, that's for sure..

Camara was *****, so was De Sart, so was Bent, so was Vydra, the only player who looked half interested was Ince...probly cos he's heard Newcastle are interested.

Bryson, we all love you for the hat trick against the scum but time to **** off mate.

Bent, waste of time. May aswell have been on the bench.

My lad made the most sense of the whole forgetful night - Chris Martin suddenly makes himself available for Fulham after going on strike for two weeks...why, because we've gone and signed another striker...how would you feel?

We won't see him back at Derby now.

46 minutes ago, Davide said:

Sell Ince? He's been a fantastic player this season and is our top scorer. Bent is our second top scorer! And you want to sell both?? Glad you're not manager if you think selling Ince for 8mil is a good bit of business. He's been consistently playing well for many games now.

Football is a team game. I'm not the manager. And Derby County played far better football before Ince and Bent arrived. I'd like Derby County to move forward and I believe they will play better football without these players. Yes I think selling Ince and Bent is a good bit of business.

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Football is a team game. I'm not the manager. And Derby County played far better football before Ince and Bent arrived. I'd like Derby County to move forward and I believe they will play better football without these players. Yes I think selling Ince and Bent is a good bit of business.

Jesus,its clearly time for me to go to bed

20 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

We as a club have spent some serious wonga on players that are not really that good. If i were Mel i would be pretty p1ssed.

Mel can only go on the advice of Sam Rush and the managers he's appointed. At some point Mel will sack Sam and employ someone with football knowledge to advise him.

11 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Jesus,its clearly time for me to go to bed

May i be so bold as to suggest that Inverurie is referring to that period of total football when Jake Buxton, John Eustace, Will Hughes and Chris Martin were the spine of the team that played beautiful football. Sumptuous is the word i believe......

7 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Is Anya injured? Needed a diminutive, tricky winger tonight I feel and maybe Anya could have given us that boost.

Yes. If he was fit, he would have been our LB.

Well that was a struggle - reading 90 pages of mainly dross that is. Nearly as painful as tonight's game! 

It was one of those evenings that tests your commitment as a fan. Leeds is a dragon's den of a ground with unhelpful staff, aggressive and very loud fans and not the best of views.  We needed some passion on the pitch to keep us warm but we got a lacklustre performance and a good pasting. 1-0 flattered us and yet I still thought we might nick one and ruin their near perfect evening.

I'm a bit surprised that most here blamed us entirely for the poor performance.  I thought Leeds were excellent, their midfield outstanding. Monk has them playing really well and you wouldn't know they had key players missing. Our faults have been well documented and over-dramatised in the preceding pages but we set off with an unbalanced team and gave the ball away far too cheaply throughout. When we did have the ball we were so slow to make use of it that Leeds had time on their hands to re-group. My personal scapegoats tonight are led by Shackell who offers no encouragement to others, no positive movement and continuously puts others under pressure because of this. Poor Hanson, totally mismatched against their right midfield  (he was facing 3 on 1 on several occasions) with no help from Camara (who was as poor tonight as he was bright against WBA) but to his credit Hanson never gave up or hid away, more than I can say for other more experienced players (Bryson anybody? ) Bent could have done more in the way of looking for the ball too and Vydra - what is the point of playing him? I would rather give Vernam a run, or Weimann or anyman.

Talking of scapegoats it was good to see a very nattilly  turned out Jacob Butterfield and his glamorous girlfriend in with the away fans. He did leave just before the end and he wasn't smiling - I  don't know why as he'll walk back into the team after tonight!

On the more positive side , Will Hughes, obviously not fit but still our most creative player, Ince mercilessly picked on by the Leeds fans but worked so hard all match, Keogh too. De Sart nowhere near as effective as last week but some good touches - he's not match fit and Nugent so obviously isn't either. Bradley out next week.  Carson some good saves and some dodgy kicking under pressure, Baird likewise a mix of good and bad. 

I thought our fans tried to encourage the team but we were drowned out by the home fans. This was particularly noticeable about 15 minutes into the second half when we had been at our brightest but three and a half sides of the ground were chanting and waving their scarves and it seemed to visibly lift the Leeds players and they soon gained the upper hand again . 

Blooming Leeds stewards deserve a particular mention for being the most po-faced, miserable lot I ever encounter at away matches (and I say that with apologies to all my Leeds friends and family who I find the exact opposite of that!) Smile for goodness sake you've just robbed me of 37 quid!

And if I wasn't already fed up enough this evening I get home to find me and my other half plastered all over Facebook after being captured by Sky cameras at the match. It can only get better!

Archived