Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

1 minute ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Leeds beat us fair and square but the Sky crew commenting on this game are the most biased bunch of people we could ever see. At half time, Beagrie (I think) said we should have conceded a penalty and Bryson should have been sent off for elbowing Hernandez. Bet he's chuffed at least that we ended up with someone getting sent off.

I had to put the sound on mute mate, it was driving me round the twist. 

It was like a Leeds TV broadcast. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Leeds beat us fair and square but the Sky crew commenting on this game are the most biased bunch of people we could ever see. At half time, Beagrie (I think) said we should have conceded a penalty and Bryson should have been sent off for elbowing Hernandez. Bet he's chuffed at least that we ended up with someone getting sent off.

Yes we deserved to lose but would have been amazed if a penalty or a sending off in the first half, the ref got it right no complaints about Johnson going off, and sky way over the top about leeds dominating, I thought we were the better team 2nd half altho neither team looked like scoring. 

For me we are missing, in games like this, Martin. The ball just didn't stick up top. I think the full back, particularly the LB, situation is not helping either. Playing Hanson and Baird we get no attacking option from them. Most of all though our pass completion must be terrible tonight. But we move on, as has been said I would of taken 7th in sept. 

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Not at all. Ince looked half arsed under Pearson, different player now. 

But getting a lucrative 4 year contract on 25k a week can really make a player feel comfortable.

How can a player be comfortable. He can be sold at any point. He could have no game time and then at the end of that contract he will be looking for a contract at a much lower wage. If he's sold it will be down the leagues not up. There's no benefit to sitting on a 4 year contract at his age.

Same with Ince. Confused about his role, not really feeling he could influence games, things keep going wrong, seeing the team lose... it effects your instincts and your belief.

He didn't decide he couldn't be bothered either. 

1 minute ago, LesterRam said:

I am concerned with the amount of players we hold, we had a thread when we bought Blackman, we have bought even more with only Hendrick leaving, small teams with utility back up players work better than bloated teams for team moral.

Hendrick, grant , warnock albentosa shotton Buxton all going. And martin of course. 

7 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Leeds were, to be fair, brilliant. We haven't been outfought, out thought, outmuscled and outplayed like that all season by anyone. 

The wrong 11 in the first half didn't help. 

Thought it was strange to stick with that 11. Some serious questions have to be asked of the management with regards to tactics and selection.

Was always gonna be hard to build momentum from the 2nd half, but to be fair, for 20mins we did.

2nd half was better, mainly down to Will and he couldn't do it all on his own. 

Theres a lot real venom on this forum directed to some of our players, where only 3 weeks ago we were singing their praises. Tonight was a bad night at the office. We can't be this capricious with our praise/criticism.

Whether it's the sign of a soft underbelly or just a small blip, who knows.

My only feeling is that our players need (A)  Chris Martin type player, to keep possession and keep the ball in the attacking half. Our ability to hold onto the ball tonight was awful. 

But as I said, we met a Leeds tonight side at the height of their powers.

Not really; meritocracy means you have to reward players who came in and did a job V WBA. So keep the same side...it's just a blip. Re-group. 1-0 away defeat at Leeds is no shame. No need to panic. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes we deserved to lose but would have been amazed if a penalty or a sending off in the first half, the ref got it right no complaints about Johnson going off, and sky way over the top about leeds dominating, I thought we were the better team 2nd half altho neither team looked like scoring. 

I did find it rather amusing when they kept mentioning how dominant Leeds were yet we had more possession. ??

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Bryson should have been sent off.

I don't think so but he certainly deserved to be taken off and substituted but I guess there so many candidates. 

I'm hugely pissed off right now, was hoping for a proper reaction after the Norwich game, but we were totally outplayed and outfought today, weren't up for it from minute one and all the players need to take a long look at themselves over the last two performances. Two sending offs in two games is just not good enough, we're losing our heads as a team when we're down, we seem to not have the charectar and mental strength to get back into games. 

Carson 7: Some good saves and one of the only players to come out with credit

Baird 5: lack of pace exposed and also some poor passing

Keogh 6: tried his best but didn't get forward enough

Shackell 6: same as keogh

Hanson 2: Please to god don't play him at left back again, torn inside out 

De sart 4: didn't get control of the game at all, passing dreadful early on

Johnson 5: Broke up play but passing very poor 

Bryson 2: Please just sell him, totally past it, passing all over the place, negative and poor decision making

Ince 7: Did everything he could when he got the ball, our only threat once again

Camara 1: worst performance I've seen of a Derby player in a long time, offered nothing offensively or defensively

Bent 5: barely touched the ball

Subs

Hughes 7: Made a difference early on, not a lot he could do tho

Vydra 2: Poor attitude and no effect on the game at all

Nugent 5: never got the ball

Overall we look to have all of a sudden gone from a good team into a total disorganised mess, and I hope we can turn it around but there's a lot of work to be done to sort this team out...

1 minute ago, Dcfc10 said:

Mclaren saying we got out fought in middle of park wtf did he go out buy a skinny kid for dont give sh.... If he good on ball.

I think he's more aiming at Johnson and Bryson chasing shadows. Weak tackling, bizarre head tennis, passing the ball where it came from, too slow to react to anything. Johnson picked up briefly tbf. 

De Sart never stood a chance of playing well. They sat a man on him. He needed that man to be worried about what's behind him and give De Sart space. But the only thing in midfield was 3 Leeds players and 2 boulders 

4 minutes ago, Dcfc10 said:

Mclaren saying we got out fought in middle of park wtf did he go out buy a skinny kid for dont give sh.... If he good on ball.

When they spent 40 minutes n our third in the first half what do you expect? Johnson and Bryson can't keep hold of the ball and do anything with it. You can play one with either Will or Butters but not both for me

Archived