George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

We bemoaned our midfield at end of the transfer window........ I’d say that it’s been strengthened......

Bryson wouldn’t get a sniff now..... that’s how good they’ve been in the middle.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

We bemoaned our midfield at end of the transfer window........ I’d say that it’s been strengthened......

Bryson wouldn’t get a sniff now..... that’s how good they’ve been in the middle.

Defensively our midfield is as strong as it's been for quite a few years - perm any w from Huddlestone, Thorne and Ledley. Where I feel we need strengthening is a quality player in front of the DMs' who can move the ball quickly and accurately, as well as chipping in with half a dozen goals a season. Unfortunately, players who fit the bill don't come cheap.

For me, neither Clayton or Forshaw fit the bill, in the roles they play and the quality they would bring

George looked pretty tired yesterday after 60 mins.... understandably, and both him and huddlestone were immense when considering the calibre of player they were up against. Stating to wince less and less the more challenges Thorne makes. He still looks like he's got some weight to shed and his turning circle isnt what it used to be, understandable considering the nature of his injuries. Happy with Huddlestone, Ledley and Thorne swapping it up, none are that mobile but, vydra or lawrence in front of them, theres pace enough there maybe. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He was very good but also Huddlestone was excellent I thought 

Yes your right they both were very good can't believe were having to even talk about a deal for GT you can't punish a player for his past injuries or what may happen in the future Look at Wiltshire the injuries he's had but he's come through it It will be devastating if they can't offer a satisfactory offer to GT and walks away in June he can talk to any club at the moment and sign a precontract agreement and that will be it 

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Bryson would have started vs sheff united and possibly played quite a few times in bits and pieces but yes we a a lot better in central midfield now rather than in September 

25 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Yes your right they both were very good can't believe were having to even talk about a deal for GT you can't punish a player for his past injuries or what may happen in the future Look at Wiltshire the injuries he's had but he's come through it It will be devastating if they can't offer a satisfactory offer to GT and walks away in June he can talk to any club at the moment and sign a precontract agreement and that will be it 

He can’t sign a pre contract in England but he can if moving abroad.

48 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Defensively our midfield is as strong as it's been for quite a few years - perm any w from Huddlestone, Thorne and Ledley. Where I feel we need strengthening is a quality player in front of the DMs' who can move the ball quickly and accurately, as well as chipping in with half a dozen goals a season. Unfortunately, players who fit the bill don't come cheap.

For me, neither Clayton or Forshaw fit the bill, in the roles they play and the quality they would bring

Clayton is a defensive midfielder. A blonder version of ledley.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Clayton is a defensive midfielder. A blonder version of ledley.

Exactly, which is why I said not fitting either the role we need or meeting the quality level - Clayton for the former and Forshaw the latter.

14 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Exactly, which is why I said not fitting either the role we need or meeting the quality level - Clayton for the former and Forshaw the latter.

Fair enough....

29 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Bryson would have started vs sheff united and possibly played quite a few times in bits and pieces but yes we a a lot better in central midfield now rather than in September 

He can’t sign a pre contract in England but he can if moving abroad.

Sorry when did they alter it 

On 1/1/2018 at 18:25, MuespachRam said:

Yes I would, I did watch the Ipswich game and thought he was ok in that game, but he was a passenger today and should have been subbed off. 

Give a rest. These attention seeking posts are wearing a tad thin. It's clear you didn't even watch the game in any instance.

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Give a rest. These attention seeking posts are wearing a tad thin. It's clear you didn't even watch the game in any instance.

What is clear is that I haven’t missed a game yet this season but don’t let that thought worry your pretty little head. 

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

What is clear is that I haven’t missed a game yet this season but don’t let that thought worry your pretty little head. 

LOL- yeah, right.

Here's George 'At Best An Average Championship Player' Thorne strutting his stuff. Enjoy the rest of season petal :wub:

Archived