George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

Can we please leave the poor lad alone. Yes he earns more in a week than some earn in a year so yes not such a poor lad. However the guy has had so much bad luck and how he is dealing with it god only knows. On his day I believe he is the best footballer at this club, if he could put two seasons together back to back with 60 odd games we would struggle to keep him. We're all frustrated but we've waited for such along time let's see if we can hold out for a couple of months longer. I'm sure he is gonna be pencilled in for some u23 games before appearing anywhere near the first team. 

We have Huddlestone who is showing that he's more than adequate to hold the midfield together. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it a rest guys Thorney will be back soon as he's ready (it'll takes time) also GR did say that GT might need 3/4 weeks training which is I understand that especially GT haven't played for a year. Can't wait to see him back when ready. ?

1 minute ago, cannable said:

I could see them getting in each other's way to be honest 

I think they're both smart enough to deal with it

Plus it would solve the problem of one of them getting closed down - Thorne always struggled when opposition played a high DM to close him down - Two of them would take that out

43 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Thorne and Huddlestone as the two "holders" is a dream. The 4 front players could run wild with that behind them..

Think the midfield would be slow and ponderous without the ball and with the ball they'd get in each others way.

Only one of them in the team and around them should be runners.

55 minutes ago, AshfieldRam said:

A fully fit George Thorne + Tom Huddlestone would be something special 

That'd be class partnership IMO.

30 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes. It would need a genuine CAM not a deep lying CF. One with pace too,

I sorta agree and disagree. Pace would be a prerequisite clearly as well as being a willing runner but I think it could be a deep lying cf provided that they work hard when we are out of possession. 

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I sorta agree and disagree. Pace would be a prerequisite clearly as well as being a willing runner but I think it could be a deep lying cf provided that they work hard when we are out of possession. 

Hmm some deep lying CFs may be willing but most would not have the skill set.

Out of our current squad, who do you think could play that role? Specifically in front of Thorne and Huddlestone.

48 minutes ago, sage said:

Hmm some deep lying CFs may be willing but most would not have the skill set.

Out of our current squad, who do you think could play that role? Specifically in front of Thorne and Huddlestone.

I think it *could* work with Vydra there behind Martin and *could* provide a stable platform for such a strike partnership to flourish. 

But Vydra would haft to graft when we are defending.

22 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think it *could* work with Vydra there behind Martin and *could* provide a stable platform for such a strike partnership to flourish. 

Maybe against the weaker sides at home. I don't see Vydra has having a) the skill set to create for others and b) the skill or application to help the midfield out.

25 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Have they played together at any point in the pre-season games? Sounds good on paper but doesn't seem to be in Rowett's plans at present. 

Archived