George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

And what type of person with what type of mentality is that exactly?

dont worry, i think he is ovary acting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Will he dislodge Huddlestone or will they play as a 2???? What will GR do?

I'd love Thorne and Huddlestone in a 4-2-3-1.

Then with that base you can pick and choose your one behind the striker/advanced midfielder - Butterfield, Bryson, Vydra, Nugent, Weimann, or the new "very high quality" attacker.

I would hope he'd play him with the hudd in a two. Like I've said previously, were two absolute top quality attacking signings off a promotion team. This team would see us up imo

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Thorne Huddlestone

Jota Vydra Lawrence

Martin

Two winger signings of that quality would complete our team imo. With Thorne and the hudd distributing, proovided that attacking 4 plays as a fluid unit, there's no reason we can't get top two.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I would hope he'd play him with the hudd in a two. Like I've said previously, were two absolute top quality attacking signings off a promotion team. This team would see us up imo

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Thorne Huddlestone

Jota Vydra Lawrence

Martin

Think i Just let a little bit of wee come out ? - That would be a dream team ?

16 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I love both Huddlestone and Thorne but worry that both in the same team could end up doing the same job.  Both would constantly want the ball and it could end up like an American Football team with two QBs.  Hope I am wrong because if it worked it would look amazing.

Nah it'd be fine - How many times 2 seasons ago (depressing it's been that long) did a team put a high-playing DM up against Thorne to block him playing? With two of them you'd not easily be able to do that and have defensive cover - They're both positionally aware enough to not get in each others way

46 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I love both Huddlestone and Thorne but worry that both in the same team could end up doing the same job.  Both would constantly want the ball and it could end up like an American Football team with two QBs.  Hope I am wrong because if it worked it would look amazing.

I think Thorne could play a little further forward when fully fit. Thorne best passes tend to be shorter than Huddlestones and along the floor. Combined with an energetic CM who males forward runs and can score goals it is potentially excellent.

39 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Nah it'd be fine - How many times 2 seasons ago (depressing it's been that long) did a team put a high-playing DM up against Thorne to block him playing? With two of them you'd not easily be able to do that and have defensive cover - They're both positionally aware enough to not get in each others way

I think as well we really don't have a better option to pair as a two with Thorne. Johnson is crap on the ball and doesn't give much more in the way of mobility. Bryson gives mobility but lacks positionally discipline and defensive ability. Butterfield is better at shooting but Thorne is better at everything else pretty much. I could only see an argument for not pairing them if we brought in an energetic DM like matty James. 

13 minutes ago, sage said:

I think Thorne could play a little further forward when fully fit. Thorne best passes tend to be shorter than Huddlestones and along the floor. Combined with an energetic CM who males forward runs and can score goals it is potentially excellent.

I think if they played as a two you could definitely have Thorne be the guy who is slightly more advanced and looks to help to transition play into the final third. He also showed a couple of times under a Clement a knack for timing a run into the box that could perhaps be encouraged more. 

Archived