• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

It is excellent potted beef, especially on them cobs they do 

Couldn't agree more. With a elephants foot for after. :wub:

10 hours ago, richinspain said:

And as for the black currant tart ????

Ah yes, the memories. Don't have a Bird's in my neck of the woods but spent some time helping do up my son's house in Derby a few years ago and there was one round the corner. Could easily get addicted to those black current tarts.

12 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Caramel doughnut ? is a beaut 

That's normally the dilemma I have, caramel doughnut or elephants foot.

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

To be honest there is no finer food than a savoury roll(like a giant sausage roll) from Stacey's in Ilkeston,followed by one of their jam and cream doughnuts

Try there cherry polish doughnuts. Steak and kidneys pies are bang on as well.

There needs to be a thread on the glorious selection of baked goods available in Derbyshire, 'tis bloody marvellous.

From Bakewell to the Birds me Nan used to take me to In Normanton, we've got this **** down. 

13 minutes ago, Supermac said:

Now if; and it's a big IF we're gonna pay someone £40k a week I'd rather it be someone like him and not Lansbury.

I would rather we were not paying anyone that kind of wage in the championship as it has a devastating effect on the rest of the squad especially when they do badly - exhibit B - Nick Blackman 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I would rather we were not paying anyone that kind of wage in the championship as it has a devastating effect on the rest of the squad especially when they do badly - exhibit B - Nick Blackman 

I'm with you on that one cos I haven't seen anyone who's worth that kind of wedge. And you're right it would affect the squad and having just got that togetherness back ffs don't throw it away.

Archived