Bakary Sako

Nuwtfly

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Since he was dropped at Leeds he's been fantastic. Provides so much more than goals to the side. 

People need to pay attention more often at football matches tbh. ?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Russell has played "brilliantly"??? 

Jesus 

I have to agree with MackworthRam on this one. I don't understand the "love in" fans have with Russell? Yes he'll give 100% effort but that's a given in my book from any player. His end product time and time again is sadly lacking. Take the Wigan game he failed to hit the target from under 18 yards in centre of goal on his left foot. Friday night he get's a chance to make it 3-1 but he wasn't expecting the ball to come to him and it when it did he wasn't ready for it. Dean Saunders always expected the ball to come to him and he was ready when it did. 

Like I said can't fault Johnny's effort but he lacks the quality that we need to move forward. 

Just now, Sparkle said:

Sako has done nothing for two years yet some people think he answer to everything, a possibly but no way a hit the ground running type.

Unbelievable mate... 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Sako has done nothing for two years yet some people think he answer to everything, a possibly but no way a hit the ground running type.

Not sure what you're saying there.  Is he possibly a ' hit the ground running type' or no way is he?

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not sure what you're saying there.  Is he possibly a ' hit the ground running type' or no way is he?

Sorry Wolfie I didn't mean to unclear, unlikely to be a hit the ground running type due to lack of real football for a long time, would be interesting for sure but I wouldn't be confident of instant success plus he is reported to be on very high wages at Palace 

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Similarly to Russell, during Sako's good season in the Championship with Wolves he went on a run of 10 games without a goal. This is a comparison between Sako's 14/15 season and Russell's 15/16 season:

3aa0a051fbea0e58dc1b426dc7409000.png

Now, Sako did have over double Russell in total successful take-ons, although they had an almost identical success rate. And to be fair to Sako, one thing I was worried about with him was his lack of defensive ability, but he was only 6 tackles behind Russell's total. 

But in a season in which as you quite rightly pointed out that Russell himself said he'd had a poor season by his standards, he wasn't far off matching Sako for the season everyone remembers him being so good. The difference is one would probably be wanting over 40k a week in wages while Russell is probably on nearer half that.

I remember a Wolves fan on here saying Sako was double marked for most games so there's that to take into consideration too.

Just now, Sparkle said:

Sorry Wolfie I didn't mean to unclear, unlikely to be a hit the ground running type due to lack of real football for a long time, would be interesting for sure but I wouldn't be confident of instant success plus he is reported to be on very high wages at Palace 

I can understand the salary concern buthat if it's accurate that CMs' new deal is along the lines of £30k a week then most players coming from the PL who could make a real difference are likely to be looking for something around the same. 

One of the main reasons for his lack of playing time in the PL you can attribute to having Zaha, Bollasie and Townsend ahead of him at Palace.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

I can understand the salary concern buthat if it's accurate that CMs' new deal is along the lines of £30k a week then most players coming from the PL who could make a real difference are likely to be looking for something around the same. 

One of the main reasons for his lack of playing time in the PL you can attribute to having Zaha, Bollasie and Townsend ahead of him at Palace.

Yep with you there, but not playing is still not playing, ( don't get me wrong he would be a better signing than the likes of Blackman and camara but still a gamble as they say, besides Palace say he is staying there!)

Sako wanted to fight for his place before he left for the AFCON, but a lot has changed since then, Palace have changed formation to a 5-3-2, and have brought in two left-wing backs. I can't see how he intends to get in that team now, so he might be more open to a move. Anything can happen in this window.

However, I wouldn't trust this recruitment team to bring us much joy. You might get Yeovil Town's third choice keeper, though. 

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Sako wanted to fight for his place before he left for the AFCON, but a lot has changed since then, Palace have changed formation to a 5-3-2, and have brought in two left-wing backs. I can't see how he intends to get in that team now, so he might be more open to a move. Anything can happen in this window.

However, I wouldn't trust this recruitment team to bring us much joy. You might get Yeovil Town's third choice keeper, though. 

Palace have paid an awful lot of money as well for both of them, regarding our recruitment team I just don't want to waste anymore money on players who improve nothing, personally I would like to see a central midfielder who does what Hughes does but they are hard to find 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Palace have paid an awful lot of money as well for both of them, regarding our recruitment team I just don't want to waste anymore money on players who improve nothing, personally I would like to see a central midfielder who does what Hughes does but they are hard to find 

Well you might be in luck there, as I think Derby are pretty confident of completing a deal for Exeter City's Ollie Watkins, who is an attacking midfielder. 

Johnny Russell has put a shift in since he came back in the side and has helped his full back out. But in the final 3rd (which in my opinion is the most important for a winger) he has been woeful.

To say he has been fantastic and played brilliantly over the last few games is just wrong. 

Im not saying Sako is the answer. But we need another option there because left wing is a huge weak link for me. 

13 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Johnny Russell has put a shift in since he came back in the side and has helped his full back out. But in the final 3rd (which in my opinion is the most important for a winger) he has been woeful.

To say he has been fantastic and played brilliantly over the last few games is just wrong. 

Im not saying Sako is the answer. But we need another option there because left wing is a huge weak link for me. 

If we really want to be critical of Russell. If he had of scored that header on friday night, We arguably would have won that game & wouldn't need to be playing a replay.

Archived