Bakary Sako

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think Blackman has been given a fair chance at Derby?

Nope, he hasn't been, and we'd do right to keep him.

4 wingers in all: Ince and Blackman on the right, Sako and Russell on the left.

Weimann can be shown the door for me, and I wouldn't be surprised if Camara is half way through it already.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Where is @Posh Ram? As I recall this is one thing we agreed on way back when - as he dominated matches. Sako would be a fantastic acquisition. He was better even than the talented Antonio in the championship. I'll go so far as to say that if we get him he will be out best incoming transfer in the last 20 years.  

And 4m is a steal ! He's worth Anya and Vydra combined!

please o god deliver Bakary unto us.

Yeah I think he's a bloody good player and would give us the power we're lacking a little bit of. The risk is that we end up with a bloated squad again so I do hope that at the same time they're trying to offload Blackman and listening to offers for Russell.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Someone at the club has a massive lob-on for left footed wingers.

Obviously a very good player though. No doubt.

We want him as left back cover.

Left backs are like pints on a good night out. Four's not enough, five's nowhere near enough.

1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

With BetVictor we are 1/2 to sign Sako. Birmingham are 4/1, even though hours ago SSN linked them with a 4m move. Odd. 

Someone behind the scenes knows something 

Or people wasting their money on it.

Sky sources aren't the greatest these days in terms of punctuality. They said breaking news according to their sources that Grant was close to joining Stoke permanently , days after John Percy confirmed it and McClaren after confirming in a press conference that the clubs were close to finalising it.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hope we don't have to take part in some kind of bidding war as we are seemingly having to do with Lansbury.

Though, if we do, we could call it the Great British Bakary Off...

I can't shake the phrase Bak Sak and crack! A telegraph headline in the making.

1 hour ago, lrm14 said:

Just no. He wasn't even Wolves best player at the time, that title goes to Afobe (sold) or Dicko (permanently injured). He is an excellent player but let's not get carried away, the reason he's not playing for Palace is because Bolasie (last season), Zaha and Townsend are just straight up better players.

That said we do need something more going forward and for the reported fee flying around for him, I think it would be a good signing. An improvement on the wing for sure considering Russell isn't firing at the moment, Camara just looks like pace and Weimann just being a right footed Russell without the beard. We would need to shift one of those however if we did sign him. 

No, no no ... ask @Posh Ram he is the Sako expert - afobe wasn't quite as good but it was very close - both were amazing.   Get carried away.

Archived