Bakary Sako

Nuwtfly

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CHCDerby said:

Lol

Lol what? 

At least I don't make things up unlike you in the transfer talk (you know the one you started. 'Lol') 

10 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I just think he's miles better than russell and if we're being honest i think he's better than ince. It Will show real intent getting him in. Genuinely believe he was the best player in the division when he was at wolves 

hopefully we can get him in, offload wieman and use russell for comming off the bench 

I'm not sure how he compares to Ince tbh, they are a bit different as players and it's been a while since I saw Sako last player (Although I can definitely remember him being one of the better players in the division). I do think he will be up a step on Russell though, who we could then use as a good option to rotate in.

If we want him and we match Birmingham's bid I'd be surprised if they beat us to his signing to be honest.

For too long now a lot of our signings have been squad players. Players who we sign for decent amounts of money and then barely play after arriving. It's frustrating because we've literally been throwing money away. Blackman, Weimann and Camara combined have cost us over £5million yet contributed next to nothing. I'm not blaming them or saying they're bad players, but they've not been given any real opportunities to contribute. If we spent that sum on one genuine quality player, we would be a much better side.

It's frustrating still seeing threads for players like Scannell. He would just become another squad player and is yet another player we don't actually need. I'd love Sako because he would improve us and would actually be one of the better wingers in this league. I want players who I would fear seeing on the opposition team sheet, this guy fits that description.

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Lol what? 

At least I don't make things up unlike you in the transfer talk (you know the one you started. 'Lol') 

Make things up? How do you know I was 'making it up'?

As other very reputable posters on here have already put, deals break down and this was the case when Sako decided to sign for Palace last year.

For you to go and find a post from August 2015 proves you must have too much time on your hands or is this just whilst half term is with us.

Where is @Posh Ram? As I recall this is one thing we agreed on way back when - as he dominated matches. Sako would be a fantastic acquisition. He was better even than the talented Antonio in the championship. I'll go so far as to say that if we get him he will be out best incoming transfer in the last 20 years.  

And 4m is a steal ! He's worth Anya and Vydra combined!

please o god deliver Bakary unto us.

I don't think most people remember just how dominant a player bakary sako was at Wolves. And it wasn't just his goals, he does everything! Arguably the best player in the division. Palace are total loons for not playing him; west ham were reluctant to play Antonio but when they did look how that turned out and Sako is better than Antonio if you look at what they did for wolves and forest respectively ... we need to swoop!

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

I don't think most people remember just how dominant a player bakary sako was at Wolves. And it wasn't just his goals, he does everything! Arguably the best player in the division. Palace are total loons for not playing him; west ham were reluctant to play Antonio but when they did look how that turned out and Sako is better than Antonio if you look at what they did for wolves and forest respectively ... we need to swoop!

To be honest, I consider you a total loon for thinking Martin is ****:D

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hope we don't have to take part in some kind of bidding war as we are seemingly having to do with Lansbury.

Though, if we do, we could call it the Great British Bakary Off...

Though, if we do, we could call it the Great British Bakary Off..to Villa ,Newcastle etc etc 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

He will suit our style of play not only a proven assist maker also a proven goal scorer at this level too.

We could off load both Blackmann, Russell to bring us some cash in.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Just no. He wasn't even Wolves best player at the time, that title goes to Afobe (sold) or Dicko (permanently injured). He is an excellent player but let's not get carried away, the reason he's not playing for Palace is because Bolasie (last season), Zaha and Townsend are just straight up better players.

That said we do need something more going forward and for the reported fee flying around for him, I think it would be a good signing. An improvement on the wing for sure considering Russell isn't firing at the moment, Camara just looks like pace and Weimann just being a right footed Russell without the beard. We would need to shift one of those however if we did sign him. 

16 minutes ago, toddy said:

He will suit our style of play not only a proven assist maker also a proven goal scorer at this level too.

We could off load both Blackmann, Russell to bring us some cash in.

Do you think Blackman has been given a fair chance at Derby?

Archived