Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why though I wonder?

Have we offered a better deal than villa but fawaz won't sell to us because of our history whereas the Americans just want the best deal?....I'm aware that American takeovers are generally very careful with their money and like to steady the ship....

Well from what people were saying last week, 

We have offered a fee near £4.5/5m. It's madness for a player with only 6 months on his contract.

But Villa have only offered £3m. 

The new owners are proper businessmen and are struggling to understand the rivalry between us & forest, which is why they had that bust up with Fawaz about him selling Lansbury to Villa rather than us...

It all makes sense to be honest, but it's not all guaranteed to happen.

If what everything that I've seen is true, He should be a Derby player. But if i'm being completely honest, the places that I have read this stuff... Aren't the best sources.

I'm not claiming to be ITK, before anyone jumps on my tits, just what i've seen & heard.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't really see what role he would fulfill for us to be honest....We don't need any more leaders or midfielders so it would just seem to be pointless....Getting a decent left back in however....

I would play him in front of Butterfield. All Forest fans say that he is better further up the pitch, rather than the defensive position that Forest have played him in. 

Him & Johnson can give the midfield strength and would allow Hughes to freely dance about the park to do what he wishes with them orgasmic feet of his.

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Well from what people were saying last week, 

We have offered a fee near £4.5/5m. It's madness for a player with only 6 months on his contract.

But Villa have only offered £3m. 

The new owners are proper businessmen and are struggling to understand the rivalry between us & forest, which is why they had that bust up with Fawaz about him selling Lansbury to Villa rather than us...

It all makes sense to be honest, but it's not all guaranteed to happen.

If what everything that I've seen is true, He should be a Derby player. But if i'm being completely honest, the places that I have read this stuff... Aren't the best sources.

I'm not claiming to be ITK, before anyone jumps on my tits, just what i've seen & heard.

I'm afraid you'll have to sit on my face before I'll consider jumping on your tits.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Do we know if he has a genuine injury or a convenient contractual injury like someone else my lawyers advise me not to mention?

If it's the former, might this not be a reason for delaying the signature?

Lansbury has been injured since the game against us. 

Think it was a genuine injury, but now he is "not in the right frame of mind" according to their manager.

So basically the latter means that he doesn't want to play for Forest anymore.

I don't know why forest haven't condemned him publicly ,whilst ridiculing  him to their fans and stating they would rather pay for him to sit on the bench all season than allow him to leave for a competitor.......then get the board to back their decision,drawing praise from another's clubs fans for their brave stance on player power.

18 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

I myself think Lansbury will join us eventually , i see it as hes got 4 choices , to stay at Forest and sink into oblivion , join Villa a team currently going nowhere and could quite easily turn into the next Forest , join Watford a club who fires managers , and is a home for foreign mercenaries and at the moment look like they could be on the slippery slope out of the Prem , or join us a team on the up , a good coach , top class facilities and a style of playing he would fit into seamlessly , come on Henri stick it out , let the takeover happen and then choose the Rams , the futures BLACK AND WHITE

Villa are arguably a bigger club, bigger crowds, fantastic ground, form wise they're on a very similar run of form to us and they have a manager better experienced in getting out of this league than we have. 

Watford are a Premier League club who can probably offer him Premier League wages. They can certainly give him the chance to play against the best players in the country.

You may want him to come to Derby but at least be vaguely sensible about it.

3 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

If we offer him more money than Watford or Villa he will come here, make no mistake about that Vulcan Ram

Only if he's short sighted. 

He should be thinking of the team that will keep him high up in the leagues to make sure he actually sees out his contract, makes the next contract equal or better and never becomes part of a clear out. Or a club that offer bigger short term gains. 

If he can go to Watford on less money than Derby but they can give him more exposure then it's certainly going to be tempting for him. 

He could be looking at 2 or 3 more contracts before he retires. He'll want to make sure they all keep him earning high level wages

Villa, Derby and Watford are all really good choices for him. There's differences between the clubs but within the next 3/4 years they will all stay within around 10 positions of each other, whether that be Watford coming down, Villa going up or Watford staying up and Derby going up etc etc

If I were him, I'd be looking at which manager he likes most and values him.

I'd go for our Stevie due to obvious bias but Steve Bruce is the sort of man you'd have a great time at a wedding with. Not sure who the Watford manager is and I refuse to research it either.

19 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Well, owd JB whatever his name was should be donating £50 to help for heroes tonight, doubt very much that's going to happen. No respect for people like that I'm afraid 

Probably an attention-seeking, woman-fearing, welching virgin with a micropenis, oh damn I think that was supposed to go in the Stan collymore thread, ah well, still relevant

27 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Well, owd JB whatever his name was should be donating £50 to help for heroes tonight, doubt very much that's going to happen. No respect for people like that I'm afraid 

He was never going to donate anything let's be honest and he was never going to be correct, why people would make an account to make stuff up is beyond me! To much time on people's hands 

Archived