Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

10 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Until hes proven wrong then whats he done wrong? Lansbury has not signed for anybody...so he may sign for Derby once takeover is done. Anybody got any proof it wont happen?

Pat Murphy ? He's only the BBC Midlands football correspondent and ITK. Says he's off to Villa and they won't need to bid more than 3m. So it's a done deal. I've got some shares in a Namibian ruby mine I can let you have at a 50 %discount If interested. Just send me a cheque for £7500 to release the share certificates.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the post I'm going to make on this as I think we have given Jb too much of the oxygen of publicity he clearly craves.

Whether Lansbury signs for Derby or not and if it happens, what day it happens is largely irrelevant to this situation IMO.

The issue is JB came on here lying about his background, acted like a braggart and repeatedly taunted posters who doubted him. He started demanding bets with posters to back up his claim. A new poster who (i presume) no one has met making bets was laughable. Why would you bet with a stranger on the internet who can (and presumably would) have simply stopped posting upon being wrong. I am glad at least one poster withdrew from that scenario. The whole thread became tedious.

Then to open multiple accounts is evidence of further deceit.

This is the best football forum I have seen by miles and whilst I cannot claim to have been perfectly behaved at all times, we have to have standards to maintain the quality and integrity of the forum and I fully support David on this.

Athough I have had a friendly charity bet with another poster on here in the past, this thread has exposed the potential risk of this activity. .    

3 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

I recall the george thorne  and Craig bryson saga. 

You took some stick and whilst it was all playing out kept a low profile and just passed what you knew when you could.

I also recall as it dragged on you were subjected to slightly more hardened abuse.

However when your source was proven right you were very magnanimous and did not laud it over others.

Its good to see you sticking up this lad.

Don't like bullying

If people are making things up then really.....so what.

We all get to have a debate to either prove or debunk rumours.

However crucifying people over and over again even though they are banned does get very tiresome.

Its a football forum ladies and gents.

(I'm sure after this post venom will be fired my way by so called Derby county fans)

Thanks mate. 

You hear things that at the time is truth. But the next day it's changed. Makes it impossible to share anything you hear. Because if it doesn't pan out. You've had it on here. 

Which is why I fully understand why he set up another account to post it from there. 

4 minutes ago, sage said:

This is the post I'm going to make on this as I think we have given Jb too much of the oxygen of publicity he clearly craves.

Whether Lansbury signs for Derby or not and if it happens, what day it happens is largely irrelevant to this situation IMO.

The issue is JB came on here lying about his background, acted like a braggart and repeatedly taunted posters who doubted him. He started demanding bets with posters to back up his claim. A new poster who (i presume) no one has met making bets was laughable. Why would you bet with a stranger on the internet who can (and presumably would) have simply stopped posting upon being wrong. I am glad at least one poster withdrew from that scenario. The whole thread became tedious.

This is the best football forum I have seen by miles and whilst I cannot claim to have been perfectly behaved at all times, we have to have standards to maintain the quality and integrity of the forum and I fully support David on this.

Athough I have had a friendly charity bet with another poster on here in the past, this thread has exposed the potential risk of this activity. .    

Did JB demand bets? Or did another poster offer him a bet? 

13 minutes ago, sage said:

You say he's been given too much attention but can't resist one final knifing.

I've read lots of your posts in the past and found then both well formed and often very funny.

This one im afraid my friend isn't one of your better works.

Been ridiculed and banned so maybe enough now.

There is  saying that I'm sure most have heard and understand.

Goes along the lines of kicking someone whilst they are down.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

From memory with at least one poster, yes.

Some people do get stick for posting what they have heard and if people are being genuine.and it still doesn't work out, they shouldn't be vilified.  However making dozens of posts in one day whilst claiming (falsely as it turned out) to be a Notts fan was bizarre and was done in a crass manner.

When you or SDSR or most other posters hears something you are sensible and modest about it.  You are passing info on in good faith and to inform, JB was at best bragging and at worst trolling. 

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think he was offered to place bets if he knew it was going to happen.  I pity anyone that is itk posting on here, especially if the deal breaks down. I remember someone coming up for talks once, his agent getting a call from another club so he went there and never made it here. Someone itk could have quite easily posted he was coming and then got flamed when it didn't happen.

sad for making stuff up, sad for giving someone grief when it's not been proven he was lying as yet.

2 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

You say he been given too much attention but can't resist one final knifing.

I've read lots of your posts in the past and found then both well formed and.often very funny.

This one im afraid my friend isn't one of your better works.

Been ridiculed and banned so maybe enough now.

There is  saying that I'm sure most have heard and understand.

Goes along the lines of kicking someone whilst they are down.

I'm not looking to kick anyone. Just offering a counterpoint to the argument that he should be let back on. In my next post I have clarified that I have no problems with potential ITK posters if they are being genuine. 

16 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm not looking to kick anyone. Just offering a counterpoint to the argument that he should be let back on. In my next post I have clarified that I have no problems with potential ITK posters if they are being genuine. 

Mate I'm not looking for an argument but does it really matter if they are attention seeking or telling down right lies.

It's just a fan run footy forum and the more topics that people open up about our club the more we get to talk and laugh about.

Let them all back on and just laugh when things are proven to be rubbish and marvel when things are genuine.

you and I have debated and laughed in the past and I sincerely hope this will continue.

We've all met people who blatantly lie.so badly it's painful listening to them.

However when we are face to face with these folk we tolerate them as much as possible rather than be rude and blunt

You know the kind......."I'm rock hard and street fight for money " says stick thin seven stone wet through 17 year old lad.

"Was shagging this gorgeous lass all Saturday night. She came over to me at the bar and dragged me back to her place" said the guy at work who tells the same tale every Monday morning.

We roll our eyes take a.deep breath and just crack on.

(I use myself for both of the above examples!)

16 minutes ago, sage said:

I can remember you were bang on about Lee Grant signing for us about 2 weeks before it was announced. Then you were way off the mark with another signing a season later. I think it's swings and roundabouts but we should be able to spot the WUMS and I suspect we have in this case. May be people just saw it as a bit of harmless fun. 

I suspect the people trying to keep law and order on here have rules and one has clearly been broken so as they say rules are rules. 

Correct me if im wrong.  But this Forest takeover has been ongoing for a while now and the Derby telegraph havent reported on it at all (if they have I can't remember) 

But all of a sudden today they are reporting about it and the fact it is delayed. 

Could be they know that the takeover going through affects us signing Lansbury in a positive way. I could be clutching at straws.

The telegraph is a truly awful newspaper though. 

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I can remember you were bang on about Lee Grant signing for us about 2 weeks before it was announced. Then you were way off the mark with another signing a season later. I think it's swings and roundabouts but we should be able to spot the WUMS and I suspect we have in this case. May be people just saw it as a bit of harmless fun. 

I suspect the people trying to keep law and order on here have rules and one has clearly been broken so as they say rules are rules. 

Both threads I started (Grant and Hendrick to Villa) were from the same source. One happened and one didn't. For every transfer happens, there are 3 or 4 that are initiated but never happen. Swings and roundabouts.

The Majority of people on here absolutely crave info. Mackworth Ram and SDSR are bombarded with "have you heard owt" Constantly thru January and July/August. So how can people moan when you get WUM's? JB may not be a WUM...As far as I can see he's got as much correct as Pat Murphy from the BBC. How MR and SDSR have continued to give info to people I will never know cos one word wrong and its off with the head. I have family inside the dressing room...but I would never disclose anything I hear...lol

Archived